Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As long as WB executive keep their dirty paws out of it, it should be fine. It's been proved their story can be ported really well to the screen with their animated and video game, as long as someone don't butcher the movie few months before release like they did with Suicide Squad and BvS with awful editing.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

7+ Year Old Account
    Most superhero stories are overly fantasized and lacking a basis in reality or pragmatism. I typically end up seeing a hundred different over-the-top, silly decisions in any given superhero film, so I won't be watching this one either.

I'm still really not sold on putting the superhuman WW in World War 1 of all things. They're going to really wrack their brains to find anything that poses an actual threat to her. But still, maybe they will surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm still really not sold on putting the superhuman WW in World War 1 of all things. They're going to really wrack their brains to find anything that poses an actual threat to her. But still, maybe they will surprise me.
    You think that until you find out who the "end boss" is.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    You don't have to rely on early social media reactions anymore. RT is showing overwhelming praise for it too.
    Which means exactly nothing. It's not like they can shit on a movie called "Wonder Woman" in today's society. They would be literally eaten alive by "feminists".

This picture is super cute:

10+ Year Old Account
    Its that time of the year when the hordes of marvel fanboys get to throw shit at DC for not having 10 retarded jokes per minute and the mandatory marvel happy rainbows tone.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    [Look as the title]
    *In Archer's voice* PHRASING!
    Ok, glad to know I wasn't the only one who walked down that verbal path.

Looks like a good movie though - we really want to take my 4 YO daughter but my wife and I just aren't sure she's old enough - it's pretty extreme in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Its wonder women... one of her greatest nemesis is ares the god of war, kinda sounds like basic logic to me. You cant beat ares by only fighting, so the movie gets to be more then just an action piece. If i was to resume the story: a greek demi godess set out on a mission to end world war 1 with the power of love, silly idea but refreshing and fun. Its the opposite of zack snyder dc movies grim shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ok, glad to know I wasn't the only one who walked down that verbal path.

Looks like a good movie though - we really want to take my 4 YO daughter but my wife and I just aren't sure she's old enough - it's pretty extreme in some places.
    Id say its fine, gotta remeber theres a romance and also a couple.of sexual related jokes, that will most likelly fly over a 4 years old kid.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    95% Fresh with 44 reviews.
    And Ghostbusters 2016 is 73% Certified Fresh too.

Considering DC's determination to have an origin bit in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE the fact that WW at least has an origin which everyone doesn't already know is a plus. I don't know that I'll catch it in theaters, but I'm hopeful it at least won't follow the trend of hot garbage we've had going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Considering DC's determination to have an origin bit in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE the fact that WW at least has an origin which everyone doesn't already know is a plus. I don't know that I'll catch it in theaters, but I'm hopeful it at least won't follow the trend of hot garbage we've had going.
    DC's movies are far less origin-y than most MCU movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Sounds about right.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Id say its fine, gotta remeber theres a romance and also a couple.of sexual related jokes, that will most likelly fly over a 4 years old kid.
    That was my thought on the sex jokes and any potential "naughty" language - 4 YO ain't gonna get it, and if she asks, I can deflect very well. I was more worried about the violence, but it would seem that a woman kicking major ass is pretty ok - and from the trailer it doesn't look like it's going to be gory violence, just violent violence - if that makes sense.

Still . . . 4 YO.

I have a horror story from way back when I was living on the east coast - went to see Hannibal by myself and got to the theater, sat down, all comfy with the soda and treats, and some idiot walks in with his family, including what had to be a 2 and 4 YO. Could not fucking believe it.

I actually left the theater, requested a ticket for a later showing, because I couldn't even bear to think about how fucked up those kids would be after the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    But the MCU took it's time and made a movie for every hero origin. Except Widow and Hawkeye, because who cares about them.

Well, the real issue is that batman and superman origin stories are so well known they're practically in genetic memory at this point. Every time I hear there is a new batman movie I sigh, knowing half of it is going to be wasted on the waynes getting murdered in an ally and bruce moping about it.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But the MCU took it's time and made a movie for every hero origin. Except Widow and Hawkeye, because who cares about them.
    I find it funny there are people complaining DC copies Marvel, and then there are people who think they are wrong to do things differently. Doing the origin stories for characters nobody really knew before doing the team-ups worked for Marvel, but that's just one way of doing it. Did we need another Batman origin story? No, doing Batman v. Superman after Man of Steel I thought was a great idea, and giving people a taste of Wonder Woman before this movie was also a neat idea. And introducing Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash in Justice League before doing some origin-story is refreshing. Introducing multiple new characters in a movie is the way most movies are.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the real issue is that batman and superman origin stories are so well known they're practically in genetic memory at this point. Every time I hear there is a new batman movie I sigh, knowing half of it is going to be wasted on the waynes getting murdered in an ally and bruce moping about it.
    Except Batman Begins is the only full-on origin movie Batman has.

I find it funny there are people complaining DC copies Marvel, and then there are people who think they are wrong to do things differently. Doing the origin stories for characters nobody really knew before doing the team-ups worked for Marvel, but that's just one way of doing it. Did we need another Batman origin story? No, doing Batman v. Superman after Man of Steel I thought was a great idea, and giving people a taste of Wonder Woman before this movie was also a neat idea. And introducing Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash in Justice League before doing some origin-story is refreshing. Introducing multiple new characters in a movie is the way most movies are.
    I get it man, you really like the DC films, that's cool. You have to recognize, however, that you're in the minority regarding your opinion, and maybe things could be done better.
    As to the origin stories - batman begins and superman returns (both of which I enjoyed) would have been much, much better if they skipped the origin bits. Everyone knew where they came from without a movie retelling it. Start Bruce off in his 20s fighting in the prison and just go from there.
    Iirc the first five minutes of batman vs superman was them showing the waynes being killed AGAIN. Just tedious at this point.

I get it man, you really like the DC films, that's cool. You have to recognize, however, that you're in the minority regarding your opinion, and maybe things could be done better.
    As to the origin stories - batman begins and superman returns (both of which I enjoyed) would have been much, much better if they skipped the origin bits. Everyone knew where they came from without a movie retelling it. Start Bruce off in his 20s fighting in the prison and just go from there.
    Iirc the first five minutes of batman vs superman was them showing the waynes being killed AGAIN. Just tedious at this point.
    I never said I "really liked" the DC films. I love the Dark Knight Trilogy (and I'm definitely not in the minority there), the DCEU movies have been lacking so far, mostly because of editing in my opinion. They could definitely be done better, but doing an origin-story for every character before doing a team-up I disagree with, like I disagree with people who blame the darker tone of Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman for why it was subpar.

I also disagree Batman Begins would have been better without the origins, it was a core part of that movie and the whole trilogy's themes. I barely remember Superman Returns. Also, showing the Waynes getting killed in B v S would have been tedious if not for 1) it was just the opening credits, and 2) it was an important part of the plot later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What are you trying to imply here?

Every single Marvel Studios movie is certified fresh. This isn't horrible company to be in. Hell, if it was going to get 96% out of the gate, WB should've opened up the review gates earlier. Opening up your films to early films shows confidence in your product.