Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    What are you trying to imply here?

Every single Marvel Studios movie is certified fresh. This isn't horrible company to be in. Hell, if it was going to get 96% out of the gate, WB should've opened up the review gates earlier. Opening up your films to early films shows confidence in your product.
    However, opening the floodgate on the week of release means people are hyped and have the positive reaction fresh in their mind when the movie opens and becomes available to watch.

I think personally that the DC universe films / shows have an uphill struggle when it comes to competing with the Marvel universe as they have a large budget and only a few well known heroes.. Everyone has heard of batman, and superman, but struggle to name others.. where marvel have so many heros that are well known.

I hope it becomes a hit, but won't be holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    I think personally that the DC universe films / shows have an uphill struggle when it comes to competing with the Marvel universe as they have a large budget and only a few well known heroes.. Everyone has heard of batman, and superman, but struggle to name others.. where marvel have so many heros that are well known.

I hope it becomes a hit, but won't be holding my breath.
    That's pretty much the opposite of the truth, Marvel has build their universe mostly on the backs of characters the general population didn't know.

This movie is an origin story. However it has alot of things going for it. WW is less known, her origin is quiet unique and yet greek mythology is mainstream enough that people wouldnt be lost. The movie also does one thing very well, its a perfect show dont tell approach story. They show you wonder women origin, they dont tell you. Its also why i really warmed up to Gadot being WW after watching the screening. She a good facial and body movement actress, well since its her first lead role, its the first time she can actually show it off. In a show dont tell movie, you need someone that have proper facial and body language. When shes pissed, sad, confused, they dont need to blur out a line. Her thick accent works in this movie as well.

I think most people will be surprised how much they will think shes the wonder women we deserved on screen. I heard a few people that say she might be what Christopher Reeves was to superman. I think that might actually be true the more i think about the movie. That even if shes part of a shit movie or cross over, just like Reeves, he was superman. She will probably be Wonder woman. Id sit in a shit movie, just to see more of her scene kicking ass and bonding with steve.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-05-30 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I heard a few people that say she might be what Christopher Reeves was to superman.
    Sorry, but being from an older generation, It will always be Lynda carter who is "THE" wonder woman for me, Like Bill bixby / lou ferrigno will always be the incredible hulk for me aswell.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    79 for WW on Metacritic, 60 for Ghostbusters 2016.
    It's still fresh and it's already 79, despite the saturation of good reviews. Guess how low it will get in 2018...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the DC characters to break the DC movies its Wonder Woman...

I hope this is the start of something for DC, so in case Marvel start getting lazy you have DC to kick them in the ass. Nothing wrong with a good bit of competition. It'll be like the old wrestling days of the Moday Night Wars between WCW/WWF both fighting to be the best.

In Marvel and Dc's case which you just get two universes of awesome movies

Altohugh I have still got to see it, my opinions with critics never go hand in hand since 2014.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-05-30 at 06:53 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

No reviewer wants to anger a legion of crazy fems / sjw calling for their job if they dare to say something bad it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Of all the DC characters to break the DC movies its Wonder Woman...

I hope this is the start of something for DC, so in case Marvel start getting lazy you have DC to kick them in the ass. Nothing wrong with a good bit of competition. It'll be like the old wrestling days of the Moday Night Wars between WCW/WWF both fighting to be the best.

In Marvel and Dc's case which you just get two universes of awesome movies

Altohugh I have still got to see it, my opinions with critics never go hand in hand since 2014.
    so you thought BvS and SS were great?

Hmm...interesting:
    Review: ‘Wonder Woman’ is the fresh, hopeful superhero movie we need

Diana Prince, we’ve been waiting for you.
    Wonder Woman (***½ out of four; rated PG-13; in theaters nationwide Thursday night) is a departure from most superhero films you’ve seen. It's a female superhero film — which is revolutionary enough by itself — but it's also a genuinely surprising film that plays with genre and throws out the now very tired superhero movie formula. It’s an action film, a romantic comedy and a coming-of-age story and a period piece and a war movie all in one. Above all, it’s a hopeful story about humanity.

Wonder Woman is the best movie Marvel rival DC Comics has put out in its own cinematic universe, and unlike the recent parade of bleak superhero tales from both studios, it makes you feel good while you watch it.

Although the Themyscira sequences are beautiful to look at and include an adorable young Diana, the movie truly begins to sing when she and Steve begin their adventure. Gadot and Pine have fantastic chemistry and Pine does well as the audience surrogate, displaying appropriate amusement and curiosity at Diana’s strange ways.

But it’s Gadot’s film and she is electric as Wonder Woman, a role she debuted in last year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice to wide acclaim. Unshackled from that film’s dreary baggage, the Israeli actress is able to shine as brightly in Wonder Woman’s smaller moments as she does when she lifts a tank with her bare hands. Her expressive face is magnetic as she witnesses the horrors of the world for the first time. Her optimism is at times heartbreaking — we, unlike Diana, know how evil the world truly is — but it is also inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Which means exactly nothing. It's not like they can shit on a movie called "Wonder Woman" in today's society. They would be literally eaten alive by "feminists".
    by logic why did The Guardian, a bastion of SJWism, give it a bad review?

They want to piss off their readers?
    or hey, maybe all of the positive reviews were written with the exact purpose of pissing you off? cuz you seem really salty about this.

Really? Because I am a huge DC fan and am excited as fuck to see this flick this week. Especially with all the good reviews. I guess that's just me bein salty though...
    I think you were being mistaken for Dziubla. Although you might have deduced that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I think you were being mistaken for Dziubla. Although you might have deduced that as well.

yeah I'm sorry about that. I have become accustomed to assuming that whomever is quoting me is the one arguing against me lol

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    so you thought BvS and SS were great?
    I'm not the guy you asked, but I thought SS was meh, and BvS was my favorite superhero movie ever.

I have low expectations for DC stuff now days. They've really gone down the gutter post-Nolan.

This doesn't look to be better than what they've been putting out.

I don't think it will bomb, but I also don't think it will be the next Dark Knight (quality, memorable, huge draw).

I can't say I'm excited for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I have low expectations for DC stuff now days. They've really gone down the gutter post-Nolan.

I don't think it will bomb, but I also don't think it will be the next Dark Knight (quality, memorable, huge draw).

BTW, bomb refers to low earnings at the box office, not that the movie is bad.

Well, if anyone finds Rotten tomatoes any indication, it's at 97% Fresh so far (66 reviews)

Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance, Wonder Woman succeeds in spectacular fashion.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2017-05-30 at 11:04 PM.

I wonder if the 97% will hold. Probably not but I never would have expected this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

then you are ignoring the existing evidence and are basing your opinion on information that is at the very least outdated. yes, DCEU went down the gutter after Nolan, but things can always change. Imagine if everybody dismissed the MCU after The Incredible Hulk...would have been a huge mistake.