Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Hits do. You know?
    Erm, no...a movie can be a hit without being breaking ANY records whatsoever. Fast & Furious 8 wasn't a record breaker, it didn't even beat the box office of the previous movie in the series...but it still made over 1.2 BILLION dollars, was number 1 at the box office for 3 weeks straight, and was most definitely a "hit".

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Erm, no...a movie can be a hit without being breaking ANY records whatsoever. Fast & Furious 8 wasn't a record breaker, it didn't even beat the box office of the previous movie in the series...but it still made over 1.2 BILLION dollars, was number 1 at the box office for 3 weeks straight, and was most definitely a "hit".
    So it turned some profit and wasn't a complete miss, not a hit though. How can it be a hit if it's worse than the previous movie? Logic.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Hmf...Wonder Woman is a certifiable commercial and critical hit..As an origin/intro movie it wasn't even expected to break the $100 million mark in its opening weekend, but it did. It'll probably finish off just over the billion mark by the end of the summer.

So it turned some profit and wasn't a complete miss, not a hit though. How can it be a hit if it's worse than the previous movie? Logic.
    You don't know what "hit" means, do you? Being worse than the previous movie doesn't prevent a movie from being a "hit", assuming otherwise isn't "logic", it's stupidity, so please cease doing so. Hit means the movie was a success. It can be a hit commercially, ie, making a large profit, even if critics hate it(ie, most of the Transformers movies). You can also be a hit critically, but not be a hit commercially, which simply means, lots of critics praise the work, but it doesn't sell well/draw ratings. Wonder Woman is a hit in both categories.

10+ Year Old Account
    That movie was absolute trash. Serious trash. Thank god i watched it on showbox. Because let me reiterate myself. ABSOLUTE TRASH.

One redeeming quality of the movie, Eye candy.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    One redeeming quality of the movie, Eye candy.
    Needed more upskirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Watched it last night and I'm half tempted to say it's actually good and would definitely say it's the best DC offering so far. It was an odd experience because the action is bad, I'm doing my best to refrain from hyperbole here and yeah.... no bueno. When she's CGIing around it looks weird, the slow mo is eye rolling (which is probably because I'm aware of Zack Snyder more than anything), when she's parrying bullets she looked like she was flailing in a fitness class and my oh my the big show down set piece at the end was a snoozefest. I think the only piece of action I enjoyed was when she's in no mans land with her shield up soaking those machine guns.

The rest though? Pretty solid and involving, the twist was predictable but when isn't it these days? Hell you know who Ares is the moment you see David Thewlis (shout out to my fellow sand grown'un) on screen. But yeah, no idea why but I enjoyed it, might have had something to do with it being a different take on the Super Hero story to what is being trotted out at the moment, gives you some hope for the other DC stuff to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Watched it last night and I'm half tempted to say it's actually good and would definitely say it's the best DC offering so far. It was an odd experience because the action is bad, I'm doing my best to refrain from hyperbole here and yeah.... no bueno. When she's CGIing around it looks weird, the slow mo is eye rolling (which is probably because I'm aware of Zack Snyder more than anything), when she's parrying bullets she looked like she was flailing in a fitness class and my oh my the big show down set piece at the end was a snoozefest. I think the only piece of action I enjoyed was when she's in no mans land with her shield up soaking those machine guns.
    Yeah... I streamed it last night and thought the same. Some of the explosions were really solid, but some of the other CGI was very cringy. I like Snyder, but it wasn't syndery enough. Either Snyder or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah... I streamed it last night and thought the same. Some of the explosions were really solid, but some of the other CGI was very cringy. I like Snyder, but it wasn't syndery enough. Either Snyder or don't.
    I'm the other way on Snyder, I liked it when he was new but now it literally induces an eye roll (not even joking). Still the man has a style and it's distinctive so if it's working for him then so be it.

My problem with the CGI wasn't that it's low quality, everything apart from Wonder Woman herself looked fine enough, it's just that weird rubber person thing when they have to animate an actual person and rely on the speed of the action to draw you away from the fact that the person themselves just doesn't move like a person.

The movie looked very confused: did it want to be a lol trash, Indiana Jones style, or a serious movie, either dramatic or romantic? Starting with profoundly idiotic and pathetic beach fight, continuing with the cartoon London and the travelling freak show, and ending with Ares thrown down from the skies, right with his faggoty mustache (?!!).

The box office actually makes me sad. Idiocy should not be profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...Wonder Woman is a certifiable commercial and critical hit..As an origin/intro movie it wasn't even expected to break the $100 million mark in its opening weekend, but it did. It'll probably finish off just over the billion mark by the end of the summer.
    I definitely agree on the movie being a major hit but it won't come close to $1b. It will be lucky to break $800m.

Wonder woman doesnt have a previous movie to compare it too. So whats your point? I would say this movie was a hit, you can argue semantics all you like.

When you compare it to other female lead action movies like ghost in a shell or aeon flux....come on man.

Also if star wars the last jedi makes $1 less than the force awakens billion + its still a hit if it didn't match its predecessor. Ridiculous
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-07-12 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Idiocy should not be allowed to live on this planet.
    and yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I'm the other way on Snyder, I liked it when he was new but now it literally induces an eye roll (not even joking). Still the man has a style and it's distinctive so if it's working for him then so be it.

My problem with the CGI wasn't that it's low quality, everything apart from Wonder Woman herself looked fine enough, it's just that weird rubber person thing when they have to animate an actual person and rely on the speed of the action to draw you away from the fact that the person themselves just doesn't move like a person.
    True that as well, in a way it was "fine", seeing as it IS a comic book movie. It's sort of akin to the old DC movies, mostly the Batman movies with Arnold, and Carrey, and Devito, in that you knew it was cartoony. WW did make you feel like WW was cheesy and OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needed more upskirts.
    No.

But story line, character development, and lose would be nice. Considering it posses none of these qualities. They would have been nice. You know, considering that is what you actually need for a good movie. So yeah again the only redeeming quality was how easy on the eyes the cast was. Beyond that just another trash hollywood movie.

Seriously though when the hell are we going to actually receive good original concept movies from hollywood. Because with the constant trash of super heroes movies and remakes. I refuse to go to the theater for this very reason. The last movie i saw of Ex Machina in theaters. Why the fuck cant we get more movies like that?!
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

You few that call this trash or whatever...had it appealed to you it likely wouldn't have been one of the top movies of the year. A critical and commercial success....

The last movie i saw of Ex Machina in theaters.
    I feel asleep like 3 times trying to watch that. At least Alicia is hot. I'll actually watch Tomb Raider for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You few that call this trash or whatever...had it appealed to you it likely wouldn't have been one of the top movies of the year. A critical and commercial success....
    Honestly, I waited too long to see it. I'd heard so many good things, that my expectations were probably too high. And then I'd heard spiderman was "the greatest comic movie ever!!" and so I was disappointed in that one. It was solid, but didn't meet expectations, and then the next night I watched WW and so already disappointed, this didn't deliver for me either.

I heard the same things, but kept my expectations low anyway since it was a DC movie. I mean up until then how could anyone have high expectations that weren't relatively modest to begin with? When I heard "It's great!!!11" I thought that must mean that it's merely "okay."

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    that's just the thing with most superheros for me: the 'amazing' fight scenes are just too over the top for my taste.
    I actually don't usually hear superhero movie fight scenes described as amazing...is that a common thing that I just haven't encountered?

True that as well, in a way it was "fine", seeing as it IS a comic book movie. It's sort of akin to the old DC movies, mostly the Batman movies with Arnold, and Carrey, and Devito, in that you knew it was cartoony. WW did make you feel like WW was cheesy and OP.
    I kinda struggled with WW's power level throughout the movie tbh. After the beach scene she's got a cut on her arm yet she seems to be virtually immune to blunt force. Is that part of her lore? I'm not really up on her as a character. She was obviously powered down from her outing in BvS receiving a big boost when she learns her true nature but before that I find it difficult to assess how powerful she actually is. Either way not interested in critiquing the film on these kinds of issues, I think it's a good film but below par for an action film, if you want a good action film then look elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

The last movie i saw of Ex Machina in theaters. Why the fuck cant we get more movies like that?!
    Good scifi is rare and whilst it does well with critics it's not going to make bank like a Summer Block Buster will. There is plenty out there but it's going to be difficult to watch in an actual cinema.