Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Alliance from the start. The Horde races and architecture simply do not appeal to me. And my friends that lured me into playing back in 2006 were also Alliance, so there really wasn't any doubt in my mind.

Deleted
    I wanted be a Shaman (Orc or Tauren) in vannila due to playing the Orcs in Warcraft III multiplayer and "Populous III The Beginning" feel. But had no money back in day and we started to play with my friends severals years later in TBC. My friend wanted to be Paladin and Horde Blood Elves looks gay (sorry fellow fans), but Draenei Shamans looks cool, so we together to stay with Alliance, to the current day. That's why paladin/shaman faction balance was my favourite feature in TBC.

Even if I don;t play as an Orc or in Horde in WoW, I try to choose the Orc race in any other game it's viable.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was 1995 and my older brother had just bought Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. He chose alliance to play his campaign , so I chose Orcs (Horde) to play the campaign when I got my turn to play. It was instant love ; always been playing horde side since then..

Friends already on Horde mostly. But now that most of them are gone, it came down to me liking more of the Horde races. The only race on Alliance I can even really stand the animations of (specifically running) are the Night Elves. Whereas the only race on Horde I simply won't play are the Forsaken (not too fond of Goblins either).

played WC2 and thought Orcs were the bad guys, were tired to always be the "hero that saves the world" type of games. Was so shocked when i saw "Orc campaign", that I actually for once could be a baddy. Stuck with orcs all the time since then. Start reading Rise of the Horde novels and deeply fell in love with Gul'dan.

My very first char in WoW was undead priest, Forsaken were the reason I joined Horde

At that time Alliance consisted of boring human-like races, I wasn't and still isn't really a fan of it.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-05-17 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojii View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm just curious at what made you choose your current faction? I originally chose alliance, but swapped to horde because my friends played there. But now none of them play anymore and considering swapping over to alliance again. But what made you choose yours?
    I chose Alliance first, because of Paladin. I then picked Horde, because of Paladins + I wanted away from US Servers and thought trying something new.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojii View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm just curious at what made you choose your current faction? I originally chose alliance, but swapped to horde because my friends played there. But now none of them play anymore and considering swapping over to alliance again. But what made you choose yours?
    Two things, first when ever I have the choice of class to play in anything online first classes I always look at are Paladin and Engineer, because ENG isn't a class and Pally was ally only at the time well.... Second, I have been playing the warcraft series since 1995 when my dad bought warcraft 2. I always loved playing alliance side while growing up, and when warcraft 3 came out I maind Ally as my race, while my dad went orcs so we had a good split for 2v2 matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I liked Orcs in the Warcraft RTS games.
    Same here, but Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always loved the Orcs from the RTS games, plus the trolls and tauren were cool too.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Couldn't play another rpg as boring humans, that was my main reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance for 10 years because one of my high school friends was on Ally. I've switched back and forth between Ally and Horde but I will always be an Ally player.

Deleted
    Horde because the friend I started to play with was Horde.

Loved the Undead skin and history and never went away from it.

I wanted to play on the good side and since Orcs attacked Humans first I joined Alliance.

Plus the Horde back then were ugly orc, ugly Troll, a cow and undead so none of them were really playable anyway.

Deleted
    I like knights and castles of stone, not brutes and mud huts.

Deleted
    i quit wow as a dwarf shammy 7 months ago & vowed never return.
    unfortunately my GF (yes, she does exist & lives about 30 minutes away) had other plans & now im back playing with her as an orc.
    women, eh???

10+ Year Old Account
    I come from the best Warcraft game of all: WC2, where the High Elves were perhaps my favourite race of all. Basically for that reason I'm loyal to the Alliance

Deleted
    I choose Alliance in Vanilla because my older brother played a Dwarf. I choose Night Elf (to be a druid), but I really liked the secured military feeling the Alliance gave, heavy walls, guards on duty, heavy armor, well thought patrols etc. The Horde felt like the just used to scatter around a lot to sound the alarm. Well, that has changed too.

Started playing in the Burning Crusade, Always loved Frozen Throne and the Blood Elves, so Horde was a natural pick.

Playing both factions
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.