Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like Alliance because they're more organized I think and their garrisons look better.

All my friends went Alliance, the only reason why.

I play almost strictly Horde, most of my friends play Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started Alliance, but then made a Hordie back in Vanilla and got into a fun guild that was active and chatted it up all the time.
    Then friends came and went from Horde, but I stayed. Partly because I don't want to pay to faction change.

7+ Year Old Account
    younger me: "woooooah! they look cool!"
    big brother: "eh... take these, the red ones arent that great."

and here i stand, alliance only player ever since i started playing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Alliance is my faction all the way, dwarves are there.

Two reasons for not choosing horde:
    - blood elves are there, cant stand them
    - Orgrimar is muddy, dusty, brown place, brown everywhere, my eyes hurt when used to be there

11 years ago a friend tells me about WoW. I buy it, install it, patch it and i choose horde coz this friend of mine has desided to stop the game.Yes i choose horde coz of this and i will explain to the next sentences.I create my undead mage, he comes to Brill find me, trade me and gave me all of his stuff and gold. I was rich back then with the amount of 4000 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing in Vanilla and back then, Horde just looked more interesting. Alliance had the boring cliche'd Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Gnome races.

Horde had huge minotaurs in Taurens, Orcs, Undead, and Trolls. All were more interesting to play and had cooler lore.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I started playing DH in legion and i dislike less BE than NE.

I didn't want to be in the wrong faction.

The guilds I've ended up with were Alliance. That said, if I had a choice here and now for free race changes, I wouldn't take them. The Horde has been on a steady decline from "oppressed so you can't really blame them, look at what their enemies are doing" to "well, historically, you have to hold them to a different standard" as the moral compass of the Alliance climbs skyward and the Horde stumbles like someone with a terrible leg cramp trying to go up a ramp.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Alliance, because horde races are butt-ugly. I don't want people to perceive me as some deformed freak yelling tribal giberish. Also... undead... truly disgusting. It felt juvenile. (sorry horde players, it's my opinion, you are free to disagree)

Alliance cities and starting areas were much nicer aswell.

I did end up making a blood elf when that was available, but the rest of my characters are alliance.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-17 at 11:09 PM.

Because i played warcraft 3 i made a dwarf paladin because i thought uthers in game model was a dwarf and a forsaken warlock because undead were my favourite multiplayer army to play as. Time went on but Tirisfal Glades and Dun Murough remain my favourite starting zones. Though i also hold a soft spot for Gilneas.

I'm a sucker for anti-hero archetypes.

Has anyone got a good link to read up on the lore?

I came into WoW playing with my Family on Frostmourne. We always played Alliance. And I am the one with the Highest Horde of our family. My Blood Elf Death Knight is Level 95... My Dad is second with a 72 Blood Elf Hunter. I am the Horde of the Family... But I prefer the Alliance side as I know how to go about it there and I always get lost in Horde cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends went Horde so I followed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojii View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm just curious at what made you choose your current faction? I originally chose alliance, but swapped to horde because my friends played there. But now none of them play anymore and considering swapping over to alliance again. But what made you choose yours?
    I started out playing Horde, because at the time I was REALLY sick of generic MMOs fantasy races(Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome/Hobbit/halfling). I mean...think about it: Horde had Zombies, Orcs, Trolls, and Minotaurs. Wtf, AWESOME!!! And all my real life friends were playing horde too, so I jumped on the bandwagon with them.

I also immediately fell in love with the female tauren animations and voicing. The /dance was great. The /taunt was awesome. And holy crap that super nerd laugh when you beat someone in PVP? Priceless!

But eventually I tried out the alliance races on alts. I won't lie, I played a Nelf hunter in vanilla for awhile. And I tried a Worgen for a bit when they became available, but couldn't stand the way the moved or looked. I have the same issue with pandas. Can't handle it.

Once all my RL friends quit wow I was forced to switch to alliance for raiding purposes, but I'm still horde at heart.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-05-18 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both. Lots of interesting perspectives when you see both sides of a story.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."