2017 Ranked Season 1 Rewards

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Heroes of the Storm’s third ranked season is coming to a close next week! We’ve got a host of new rewards that you can earn just by playing ranked games in 2017's opening season. Read on for details!

Season Roll Dates

2017 Season 1 will begin as soon as our next patch becomes available for download in each region throughout next week. Check the season start and end dates below to make sure you’re able to dive into the rankings as soon as the season rolls.

EVENT DATE
    2017 Season 1 Start Week of March 14*
    2017 Season 1 End Week of June 13*
    *Exact date may vary slightly by region.

Revisiting the 2016 Season 3 Updates

For the first season of 2017, we won’t be making any major adjustments from the ranked changes implemented last year, and we’d like to share some of the reasoning behind this decision:

• Hero League
      • Solo queue has been a huge success. We’ve seen a lot of positive feedback from players and match quality has been greatly improved.
    • Team League
      • The population of team league has risen dramatically and there are more Team League games being played than ever before.
      • However, the disparity between the number of people queueing as duos and the number queueing as trios sometimes leads to long queue times, which can in turn lead to lower match quality.

So, in short, we’re going to leave things as they are for now and continue working toward addressing the duo queue versus trio problem in Team League, which is the root of the majority of Team League match quality problems. We’ll keep you updated with updates as we have them. Good luck on the ladder!

2017 Season 1 Rewards

Players who manage to brawl their way up through the leagues during the upcoming season can claim new portraits, mounts, and gold rewards for their achievements in Hero and Team League. Take a look at everything that’s up for grabs this season!

Hero League Portraits

Team League Portraits

Mount Rewards

In addition to everything we’ve mentioned so far, there will be 10 placement matches waiting for you on the other side of the season roll that you’ll need to play through in order to receive your initial ranking. We also plan to once again loosen the system’s certainty level in everyone’s skill rating, so it will be a little easier to move through the rankings during your first few matches this season.

If you’re ready to begin your Ranked Play journey in Heroes of the Storm but are unsure how, head over to our Ranked Play Guide to get started on the right foot.

Good luck and have fun during the first ranked season of 2017!
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20562668

10+ Year Old Account
    Raptor mount?! Okay i gonna try rankeds.

Btw. Vol'Jin in june? i hope so!

Reminder: The season ends with this coming week's reset. That is late very early morning Tuesday for US, and very early morning Wednesday for EU. Maintenance times might be different for each region.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got silver 4 on TL.

Seriously this is cancerous way to get unique mounts. ;/

With the amount of cosmetic thingies we gave in the game now, I'm suprised they didn't go with more rewards for ranked plays.

For example: Spray for gold, banner for silver, nexus announcer for grand master, something along these lines.

I'm glad they didn't go with another "elemental" mount, it was getting quite boring already. Raptor is nice, though I'm just scared it means Voljin was scrapped, because this looks like something that should have been released with his initial bundle, like amani bear for Zuljin. We will see.

Will the new season start right after.. or will there be some downtime? havent been in a season start before.. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Will the new season start right after.. or will there be some downtime? havent been in a season start before.. sorry
    It will start right after.

Super hyped for the mounts and the new season. Going to make sure I get to masters right away

Howdy! Does anyone know if rewards are calculated based on where you ended the season, or the highest rank you achieved?

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
    Howdy! Does anyone know if rewards are calculated based on where you ended the season, or the highest rank you achieved?
    The highest rank u got

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    The highest rank u got
    omg. Thank you. I got to Diamond but fell back to plat and I've been hammering games in cause I want that portrait. Im done with HoTs for a week now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silakka View Post
    The highest rank u got
    And you're positive? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
    And you're positive? :O
    It is correct. Rewards are based on highest rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to forsake the mount for to have it carry over my old season high gold in HL and TL, a mount is not worth the risk of starting out in silver next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Decided to forsake the mount for to have it carry over my old season high gold in HL and TL, a mount is not worth the risk of starting out in silver next season.
    Pretty sure if you play under 15 games it will ignore your HL MMR next season and use one of the other modes, assuming you have over 15 games played on those modes. So you should be able to get the mount and still be safe, but someone may want to confirm this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Pretty sure if you play under 15 games it will ignore your HL MMR next season and use one of the other modes, assuming you have over 15 games played on those modes. So you should be able to get the mount and still be safe, but someone may want to confirm this.
    Even if that is the case, last day placements are an even greater step down from the usual. I have people in bronze asking for a caller, play as a caller see most ignore it 5 minutes in cause "lolz we ahead why listen still!" and lose badly and of course argue with the person trying to correct their errors all game.

Rather learn a new moba or play some qm and level some low heroes.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Thank you, everyone, for all your feedback and comments regarding the animation of the Raptor mount.

The team has heard you loud and clear: We have decided that it is best to re-author the animations in response to your feedback.

Community feedback is foundational to the construction of a better game. Thank you, again, for the sentiments we continue to receive, and all the responses we’ve received in the past.

GLHF, and I’ll see you in the Nexus.
    --Lana Bachynski

PS, The animator responsible is now confined to the coffee room playing on a special client where he can only pick Genji but W, E, and D are disabled.