Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tyrande Rework - How Do You Feel About It?

I was very unhappy with the changes to her as I just started to enjoy playing her as a dedicated support role. Now, from what I have heard and read, people are loving the changes as far as being more of an Assassin role goes.

However, I have not seen or heard any feedback in regards to her ability to be a support now. I really find it tedious and very insufficient to play Tyrande as a support. Its frustrating to play her when knowing that I could play any other support and be more of an asset.

I have two questions for all of you out there: Do you enjoy the rework overall? And do you think she should be reclassified as an Assassin?
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    tyrande is not in the meta. who tf plays her? xDDDDD

She got a rework?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    She got a rework?
    Yeah, her and Alarak got huge reworks.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Whenever I play her, I play her purely as support. She wouldn't be a very effective assassin at all, at least in my opinion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    Yeah, her and Alarak got huge reworks.
    I just saw her rework, kek, im kinda regreting buying her a skin, that q is atrocious

Where do we see the updates?

Honestly I kinda liked my Sentinel builds so if it's like that I might not mind more dps role.

So I've played 3 games with her, and she is honestly trash now. A hero based almost completely on auto attacks with terrible range and no defensives = gets wrecked real quick.
    She's also spammy if you do actually get to attack, and not terribly enjoyable play.

The baseline owl quest is acceptable. She needs a range boost, badly. And the old global cloak heal back.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2017-05-18 at 12:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I play as Jaina cause well she's very sexy and my favorite lore character.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    She feels very strong now. Not on the high levels of new Alarak but strong. The reworked ultimate also seems to work very well with her kit.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Where do we see the updates?

Honestly I kinda liked my Sentinel builds so if it's like that I might not mind more dps role.
    Here

Sentinel builds seem to still be viable.

I really like this rework but now Tyrande can't be built as a solo support, which is shame. No healing ulti was the biggest factor here.

But other than that it looks solid.

10+ Year Old Account

Watch this, DunkTrain and Bakery talk in depth about her changes.

Bakery is Support player for Team Dignitas and DunkTrain is retired Support player for Cloud9. I passed it myself as I care little about Tyrande, but they have been talking about her for over 40 minutes.

1. No more owl build.
    2. Too many never-ending quests.
    3. Her only heal (not counting lvl 16 talents) is Q but if you try to auto attack anyone to reduce the cooldown of Q you are dead.

I'm still in early testing, I think she's currently a little weak but it won't take much to push her too far - a slight increase to her AA range is probably a good place to start.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Shes useless. The rework did not chanage that.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the sounds of it shes a long way off the 60% winrate she used to have in HL, it's a shame she is my most played hero and need to completely relearn her kit. Will see how she if but doubt she will ever be a viable solo healer if this is the direction they are taking her.

I'd like them to increase the range of her AA so she can actually survive any teamfight, other than that I think if they changed her Q cd to something like 6 sec and add 1 sec CDR from AA, it would help her immensly, as it is now, if you cannot AA you're dead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

I seem to be overall okay with the changes, but she was already a weak support so why remove her healing ult? Seems a bit strange.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    After playing her a bit, I'd have to say that she has been considerably nerfed, in many important areas (such as being a healer) dramatically so. The range nerfs make attacking more dangerous and risky, her healing has been essentially cut in half, also she now must choose to heal herself or someone else (not both anymore). She has a moderate damage increase, but as mentioned, it is much more risky. Couple that with endless quests it is a vicious circle with more downtime from being more risky to play.

Overall, she's been essentially triple nerfed to be granted a small DPS increase and the ability to perform a minor burst of damage. Very bad changes and it requires buffs, particularly to healing, in my opinion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!