Thread: Young Sheldon

Young Sheldon

So apparently there's a Big Bang Theory spinoff coming this fall about Sheldon as a child. Though it doesn't seem to follow the story line from TBBT very well. Since as a commentor posted in this video that he said in season 1 he went to college in the 5th grade but is in the 9th grade in this series.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Big Bang Theory was a load of hot cat shit, I expect this will somehow be even worse.

*laugh track*

10+ Year Old Account
    Look good to me, kinda reminds me of a old school sitcom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it looks better than TBBT. Single camera, no laugh track. I still find Sheldon really annoying and none of the jokes in the trailer made me laugh though. It looks like they are trying to emulate two much better shows; The Wonder Years and Everybody Hates Chris. I would rather just rewatch either of those instead.

Part of me thinks it be better off as a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Part of me thinks it be better off as a movie.
    I thought the same thing.

Its going to last one season.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Gotta admit, I'm surprised that it's a single camera comedy with no laugh track. I probably would have checked it out regardless but it looks like it could end up being pretty good. Course CBS is ruled by crappy sitcoms with laugh tracks so I won't expect it to last long.

I can't stand the original Sheldon.......he's so immature I don't see how the kid would be any different. How is he left unsupervised by professionals? He clearly has severe mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I can't stand the original Sheldon.......he's so immature I don't see how the kid would be any different. How is he left unsupervised by professionals? He clearly has severe mental illness.
    His mother had him tested.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    His mother had him tested.
    With how often he said that, they should make that in episode.

Trailer was better than I expected... and I'll prolly watch an episode or two at some point... but I don't have high hopes.

I'm thinking Wonder Years, Doogie Howser, and Forrest Gump.

But this show's trailer seems to be situated awkwardly between them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBBT is a hot bag of wet dog shit that absolutely reeks of trying too hard, why would this be any different?

Honestly, anyone who likes the show is likely one of two things: someone with no knowledge or contact of anything considered nerdy in real life, or someone on the autism spectrum. It's nothing but non-stop pandering to the most banal and mainstream nerd stereotypes, but it lacks the intelligence and substance of actually delving into them to make them relevant to people who are actually into those things.

It's the television equivalent of this:

and for some reason people think that's witty and intelligent. Go figure, the world is full of morons.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-05-18 at 10:49 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Big Bang Theory was a load of hot cat shit, I expect this will somehow be even worse.

*laugh track*
    *Waits 3 seconds after laugh track*

I agree.

*another laugh track*

Deleted
    So apparently there's a Big Bang Theory spinoff coming this fall about Sheldon as a child. Though it doesn't seem to follow the story line from TBBT very well. Since as a commentor posted in this video that he said in season 1 he went to college in the 5th grade but is in the 9th grade in this series.

Really redundant.

- - - Updated - - -

*laugh track*
    Oh no, it has a laugh track. How awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Oh no, it has a laugh track. How awful.
    Yeah the fact alone that it's a laugh track is the reason why

Deleted
    Yeah the fact alone that it's a laugh track is the reason why
    How small-minded.

We'll call it nerd-face. Geek-face. Dork-face.

Line them up and stare at the freakshow, everybody. Maybe the little indian one will do a trick, or the jewish one will talk about his mother! Oh boy, oh boy.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-jIhwIfIw
    well, he could have gone to college in the 5th grade, completed his first degree and gone back to high school.. could have gone to college and got kicked out because of his maturity... could actually simultaenously be going to college and 9th grade, and the college thing started in 5th grade... i mean with youngesters its never full time college, it's usually one specialized class isn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look nearly as bad as I was expecting... I'll give it a chance but I'm not expecting a huge amount.

Stopped liking TBBT when it became a show ABOUT nerds and not a show FOR nerds, hopefully this wont fall into the same trap.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30