Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    And you know this based on what on-screen evidence prior to ST: ENT's debut?
    There isn't any because the show didn't exist yet. But it is implied by Daniels multiple times through out ENT. The time line gets fucked once the Temporal Cold War started and the ENT series went into a different direction that it would have without it.

THere are essentially three time lines (or multiverses) in Star Trek cannon now.

Is that the Aries class Star Ship? The one mentioned in Prelude to Axanar? Sure the fuck looks like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    There isn't any...
    Exactly. Nothing shown previous to ST: ENT contradicts the events presented in ST: ENT. The idea that there was a different version of ENT's time period before the series took place is just fans preferring their own head canon to actual canon.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2017-05-19 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Nothing shown previous to ST: ENT contradicts the events presented in ST: ENT. The idea that there was a different version of ENT's time period before the series took place is just fans preferring their own head canon to actual canon.
    I guess you would have your own head cannon as well.

ToS -> TNG -> DS9/VOY -> 31st century and Temporal War

There is ZERO, and I mean ZERO mention of a temporal war in the first four ST series. Such a big event would of at least been referenced at some point but it never was. This can only mean it didn't happen until the 31st century when time travel become weaponized. I guess you need to re watch Enterprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is ZERO, and I mean ZERO mention of a temporal war in the first four ST series.
    And why would there be? Does the Battle of Midway or the War of 1812 come up very often in everyday conversation?
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2017-05-19 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I don't know what I think about this....

I probably shouldn't have watched a trailer first.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you would have your own head cannon as well.

ToS -> TNG -> DS9/VOY -> 31st century and Temporal War

There is ZERO, and I mean ZERO mention of a temporal war in the first four ST series. Such a big event would of at least been referenced at some point but it never was. This can only mean it didn't happen until the 31st century when time travel become weaponized. I guess you need to re watch Enterprise.
    The joys of time travel. They don't talk about it because it hasn't happened yet. Also the joys of prequels inventing content their chronologically later-set series don't talk about because ya know, the show didn't exist.

Shit, this is why I don't talk about Star Trek with people anymore.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The joys of time travel. They don't talk about it because it hasn't happened yet. Also the joys of prequels inventing content their chronologically later-set series don't talk about because ya know, the show didn't exist.

Shit, this is why I don't talk about Star Trek with people anymore.
    It isn't so much as that. The show ENT implies heavily that all the Temporal Cold War events didn't happen in the Prime timeline. BUt they didn't call it the Prime timeline until JJ's movies. There were already two time lines established before the movies.

And why would there be? Does the Battle of Midway or the War of 1812 come up very often in everyday conversation?
    I don't remember where I read it, but the show wanted Time Travel as part of the story telling so the writers could have more freedom without having to abide by all the pre established lore within the Star Trek universe. That way they could get a little more creative with introducing Romulans and ... the Borg cameo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember where I read it, but the show wanted Time Travel as part of the story telling so the writers could have more freedom without having to abide by all the pre established lore within the Star Trek universe. That way they could get a little more creative with introducing Romulans and ... the Borg cameo.
    Except that the Romulans as presented on ENT didn't contradict any material on them that had been presented "previously in the future." As for the Borg being on ST: ENT, that was a follow up to a time travel event that took place in the Star Trek: First Contact film, not ST: ENT. You MIGHT have a point when it came to the Ferengi appearing on ST: ENT. I personally thought that was kind of weak, but at the end of episode the Ferengi remained relatively mysterious... just how Picard described them in his opening log of TNG: The Last Outpost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of them! Neither look like these KINOs. (Plus, wasn't that TOS Kahless just an image of him created by the Excalibans based off of Kirk and company's idea of what he would look like?)
    But you see, that's the in-universe explanation that was invented many years after (like 40 years after) to explain why the founder of the Klingon civilization was afflicted by the augment virus a few centuries before its apparition. And the augment virus was imagined afterwards to explain why the Klingons in post ST:TMP are so different from those we see in TOS. What will be the explanation this time? Is there a need for any explanation? Afterall, we never knew why (in-universe) the Romulans in TNG are different from those in TOS (who simply look like regular Vulcans).

Star Trek geeks are just like Star Wars geeks: they take their passion for religion and any change, be it cosmetic or in tone, is treated as an heresy.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't so much as that. The show ENT implies heavily that all the Temporal Cold War events didn't happen in the Prime timeline. BUt they didn't call it the Prime timeline until JJ's movies. There were already two time lines established before the movies.
    The key word here is "Temporal".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Afterall, we never knew why (in-universe) the Romulans in TNG are different from those in TOS (who simply look like regular Vulcans)
    Some Romulans looked like Vulcans. This is how Spock was able to live on Romulus undetected in the TNG episodes "Unification" and possibly how Sub-Commander Selok was able to pass for a Vulcan in the TNG episode "Data's Day."

More lens flare.. I mean the time line is JJ.. direction/production seems to be inspired by JJ... stupid CBS subscription based deal to see.. fuck..

I will give it a shot. But I am getting the feeling this might be dead show.

Makes me wanna see Axanar more, sadly I think even that ship has sunk with all the problems its had.

Deleted
    I'm still a bit peeved Brian Fuller quit being the showrunner. It all looked so promising a year ago.

We'll see were it goes, trailer looked a bit like SW's Rey meets Stargate or something.
    Last edited by mmoc8167bb6457; 2017-05-20 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They guy they should have gotten was Manny Coto... and listened to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Romulans looked like Vulcans. This is how Spock was able to live on Romulus undetected in the TNG episodes "Unification" and possibly how Sub-Commander Selok was able to pass for a Vulcan in the TNG episode "Data's Day."
    Spock was hiding in plain sight, since he had been invited on Romulus by Senator Pardek, as part of a plan to invade Vulcan. As for Selok, there's cosmetic surgery. She would be the only occurance of a ridgeless Romulan in TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise. That's until Abram's Star Trek, where the ridges disappear (but I suppose it's not real Star Trek for you anyway). The change has never been explained in the shows or the movies, and everyone accepted the sudden appearance of a V-shaped ridge on the Romulans' forehead.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The change has never been explained in the shows or the movies, and everyone accepted the sudden appearance of a V-shaped ridge on the Romulans' forehead.
    Yeah, you didn't see fans clamoring for an explanation on the Romulan make-up change like you did for the Klingon one... probably because the Romulan make-up change wasn't as radical.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, even a Star Trek online series would look more appealing than this. STO is still in the original timeline at the least with some decent story plots to write off of.

And more importantly, IT CONTINUES AFTER VOYAGER. Jeez i fucking hate prequels, they serve no purpose of expanding the universe save for filler. The only time a prequel series actually worked well is KOTOR, and only because it was thousands of years before the Original Trilogy, so most of it could be written off as legends.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Why does every vulcan that serves in start fleet have to be half human, thats been played out so much.
    It honestly looks shit, i love all star trek and own every box set, but this...this is blah
    tpol is a vulcan, tuvok is a vulcan, vorik is a vulcan (voyager), taurik is a vulcan (TNG).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Not the JJ verse but were going to add a shit load of lense flairs use similar visual style and make the Kingons look like shit reptilians anyway?

Great.....
    Do you want to see these Klingons?