Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    TNG started of rocky but grew into a show that you can rewatch again and again, the same can be said for DS9.

Voyager pissed me off from the start with Janeway not going home when she had the chance (several chances), the saving grace of that show was for me at least the episodes that either focused on Tom Paris and the doctor. Neelix by the way I loathe him on the same level as Jar Jar Binks, Tuvix made 2 annoying characters good.

ENT some hated it and it isn't my cup of tea either but at least some of the stories gave better insight into the founding of Starfleet & the Federation and the mentalness of the Sung family to create a better human no matter what the cost to everyone else.

STD (I won't call it DIS) it as we are told takes place in the Prime timeline but so many things shown in the trailers go against canon that it feels to me that everything Kirk and crew did is going to be tossed out in the not so distant future.
    The Enterprise already exists and Spock is already serving on it (episode the cage takes place in 2254) and unless Starfleet has multiple wildly different uniform styles going on at the same time the Discovery (takes place 2255) crews gear just doesn't match (the new movies did a better job they followed the style at least).
    Also the design of the ship I just don't know but it feels wrong some how if you also look at the ships from that time period.
    The Klingons WTF is going on with them well we have to wait and see what is wrong with them but jesus they look shitty.
    As for the actors well the look like a good bunch and I always like Doug Jones so that is a big plus.

My final thought is simply this what ever happened to "to boldly go where no man has gone before"?
    This show has always been at its best when it went forward even if it was only a little from TOS to TNG/DS9/Voy (the first a big jump and the 2 latter a few years later) to back to the start with ENT and now century jump to STD (but still in the past).
    Star Trek has so much lore they could have gone forward to the J Enterprise as that would tie in with the period refered to in the time war in ENT or they could have skipped perhaps only a decade or 2 to take us to the Star Trek Online time or make a sideways jump from TNG to the New Frontier stories.
    I think they screwed the pooch on this one but that is my opinion and only time will tell.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Not gonna happen....
    We'll see.