Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Music]This trend of having a "rap" part in a pop song needs to DIAF asap

I though it was bad some few years back when I would hear a decent tune on the radio and suddenly:

"Mr WORLDWIDE, DAAAAAHLE, HAHAHA" Pitbull ruining it. Then it kinda died down for bit, thank god.

But boy, now it seems to be back with a vengeance.

Everytime I gotta go and find a non "biddybangbang" version of a song, shit is getting annoying as fuck.

Whats next "rap" in EDM?

15+ Year Old Account
    What's DIAF?

Is it what you are smoking?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What's DIAF?

Die In A Fire. An idiom expressing disapproval at the existence or action of a "thing" and wishing it to cease ostensibly by that item/person/idea being immolated.

Also Note-to-Self: Make a great EDM track with an extensive rap breakdown midway though.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    I though it was bad some few years back when I would hear a decent tune on the radio and suddenly:

"Mr WORLDWIDE, DAAAAAHLE, HAHAHA" Pitbull ruining it. Then it kinda died down for bit, thank god.

But boy, now it seems to be back with a vengeance.

Everytime I gotta go and find a non "biddybangbang" version of a song, shit is getting annoying as fuck.

Whats next "rap" in EDM?
    Maybe you should listen to real music and not rap/pop then. Try rock and roll.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What's DIAF?

"Die in a fire". 5 years of WoW and thats one of the few things that i learned.

That and "Tits or GTFO", but that got me banned for a day.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-05-15 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    i agree, i have a few "guilty pleasure" pop songs that i mostly enjoy, but then they are ruined by an annoying rapper, so i just skip the rest of the song

Well its your problem listening to that sort of music, music has no rules, listen and support what you like!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Yeesh, now there is a hot take I've never seen.

FWIW rap/pop is as much real music as rock, jazz, post-blackened grind dungeon synth nightcore
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

You might actually like the "Now That's What I Call Music" versions of the songs, they typically remove the rap portion from pop songs.

Frankly I have a bigger issue with Rihanna choruses in my Eminem songs.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Maybe you should listen to real music and not rock and roll. Try Harsh Noise.

I don't mind some rap in a pop song or a random bloke jumping in and talking. Some songs it work, for example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn6-c223DUU

Or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_oLfC5Z_Ys

Then you get songs like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Eg...-e0Bc&index=64

The very first lyric, "Just lay your head in daddys lap, you're a bad girl" then she starts singing, and it gradually gets better, then its sort of rap? with a over, far over autotune applied to it to make it sound robotoic while the blokes singing over it too and its fucking horrendous and ruins the entire song.

some songs work, others are a fucking abomination

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like becoming annoyed with a pop song is just the nature of these tasteless moneymaking jingles. They have no depth and no staying power. Its flavor of the moment garbage. To expect more from it is asinine.

I'm sure if you look hard, you can find something after your own taste. The world is big, and we certainly don't lack when it comes to different music. And if nothing else helps, you can always find some old but gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I feel like becoming annoyed with a pop song is just the nature of these tasteless moneymaking jingles. They have no depth and no staying power. Its flavor of the moment garbage. To expect more from it is asinine.
    --Guardian, 22 November 1963, reviewing "With the Beatles"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    If you go through most of Arc Music Group's videos that guy raps in them. IIRC he owned the company at the time then founded a new one that some other funny song with a kid singing and had a rap breakdown in that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I don't mind some rap in a pop song or a random bloke jumping in and talking. Some songs it work, for example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn6-c223DUU

Or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_oLfC5Z_Ys

Then you get songs like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Eg...-e0Bc&index=64

The very first lyric, "Just lay your head in daddys lap, you're a bad girl" then she starts singing, and it gradually gets better, then its sort of rap? with a over, far over autotune applied to it to make it sound robotoic while the blokes singing over it too and its fucking horrendous and ruins the entire song.

some songs work, others are a fucking abomination
    Aw, it's nice to see Avril Lavigne staying relevant as a cheap Taylor Momson knock-off.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I can't remember if it was Socrates or Plato who first said "fucking pop music is a bland corporate marketing mechanism, I hate it!"
    Lol, kidding, but damn near... that's pop music, and moreover a hallmark of modern music production and distribution: it's throw away culture.
    In the old days you might have had to search for a record for 6 months until you found it, then you played it until it WORE OUT, people weren't willing to allow anything that was gimmic and quickly became annoying. Now, you point click, and probably don't even download, you stream it a few times and garbage.
    They know this, they have all the statistics. They feel they can float this as a biz model, much like EA games knows there is a new batch of 15 year olds every year to buy their fps who hasn't experienced their previous shinnanigans
    There was a time when the music WAS the product, not a way to move your brand name forward. Some would argue that's when music was good.
    Shortly there after pop came onto the scene, and with the advent of hiphop growing into a monarchy based brand machine, reality tv, and bigger than life attitudes, this is where we've arrived.
    I know, it sucks, welcome to adulthood.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

*insert another argument about why pop music sucks that has been said countless times since the 60s here*

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I can't remember if it was Socrates or Plato who first said "fucking pop music is a bland corporate marketing mechanism, I hate it!"
    Lol, kidding, but damn near... that's pop music, and moreover a hallmark of modern music production and distribution: it's throw away culture.
    In the old days you might have had to search for a record for 6 months until you found it, then you played it until it WORE OUT, people weren't willing to allow anything that was gimmic and quickly became annoying. Now, you point click, and probably don't even download, you stream it a few times and garbage.
    They know this, they have all the statistics. They feel they can float this as a biz model, much like EA games knows there is a new batch of 15 year olds every year to buy their fps who hasn't experienced their previous shinnanigans
    There was a time when the music WAS the product, not a way to move your brand name forward. Some would argue that's when music was good.
    Shortly there after pop came onto the scene, and with the advent of hiphop growing into a monarchy based brand machine, reality tv, and bigger than life attitudes, this is where we've arrived.
    I know, it sucks, welcome to adulthood.
    I'd love to know when you consider the "old days" to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    *insert another argument about why pop music sucks that has been said countless times since the 60s here*
    Personally I hate the way it's corrupting young minds and leading them to licentious behaviour.