Deleted

[Megathread] Shenmue III

Who else is excited for this game?
    As you can tell by my signature this is my favorite game of all time and it was a BIG part on my childhood. I was left in awe by the open world and the freedom. As a kid this was news to me because i only had a Sega Saturn before buying the Sega Dreamcast.
    Die hard fans like myself have been waiting for over 10 years for the conclusion of this story.
    The Kickstarter campaign broke the record of reaching it's goal of 2 Million dollars in a day and managed to collect 6.3 Million dollars in total.

In the most recent interview with Yu Suzuki he said his goal is to release the game this December of 2017. Seems really unrealistic to me but it's what he said.

Apart from this there is little to no information about anything.

This video cracks me up everytime because it was the reaction of most fans when it was announced
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-05-18 at 07:39 PM.

I could see it being delayed to summer 2018 at most. I could easily see it hitting December as well.

This isn't some hodge podge indy kickstarter he already had Shibuya Productions and Sony 3rd Party Productions working on the game before hand, the kickstarter money was purely for the internal dev team. Using Unreal 4 and getting full access to Shenmue 1+2 assets from Sega is also streamlining the hell out of development.

Basically this isn't gonna be a MN9 situation with 10 delays, if it does get delayed it would probably just be half a year at most.

Also I would warn people to not be expecting much more then a 1999 Shenmue game using a modern game engine. Because that's exact what it's going to be and also why the development will not take that long.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-18 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Also I would warn people to not be expecting much more then a 1999 Shenmue game using a modern game engine. Because that's exact what it's going to be and also why the development will not take that long.
    True, most people find Shenmue boring if they don't like graphic adventures with story telling.
    All we do is walk around talking to people and fighting from now and then...but godamit i love it so much.
    It was a mixture of me being young and only having a Sega Saturn at the time and this was my first "next gen" game. I was completely mind blown.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-05-18 at 11:19 PM.