Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The 20million gold token is a lot more attractive to potential cash buyers thus it will likely sell in higher numbers than the 100k token.
    And its a turn off for the gold buyers. If you over-price your product then your profit drops.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    And its a turn off for the gold buyers. If you over-price your product then your profit drops.
    Blizzard still has the additional $20 from the sale of the token regardless of the end consumer's opinion of the gold price and even if the gold to token ratio falls the seller will still receive the high amount of gold, 20 million in this example, regardless of what the gold purchaser pays. It is, also, likely that high gold prices will result in a proportion of players who pay for their subscription with gold returning to paying by cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Destiny 2 was just announced as a bnet exclusive for PC, allowing you to purchase it was WoW gold.
    That could explain it! Now it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Price on Stormrage has risen another 5k in the last hour. 129k now.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Prices are the same for all NA realms, and the same for all EU realms. There's a site to check the prices, so if you're looking to buy tokens at the moment wait until they dip back down as they did this morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting it peaks at 250K and flats out for a while.

Looks like Blizzard controls the price.

131k and still rising by the hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Not this time buddy.
    It is this time.
    Destiny 2 announcement > Demand rises sharply > Supply is stays the same > Price rises.

- - - Updated - - -

The price is regional.

I was just coming to post about this issue. Prices rising really fast last 24 hours. Is there a market explanation for why the supply/demand curve would shift so suddenly, or are prices being manipulated in a cash grab?
    Destiny 2 added to battle net balance

thats why

Back down to 124k now. Maybe the rush is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    And since it is speculation it is shady. There is no transparency to this system.
    We saw what happens with transparency, people who don't like the answer denies it being that.
    We had transparency with sub numbers, and blizzard were accused regularly of lying about them.
    In the end, it won't matter what information or evidence blizzard provide.
    It won't be enough to satisfy those who don't get what they want from it.
    So blizzard have to regularly make a choice between providing ungrateful and downright rude players with information only to have it thrown back in their faces, or to not do it and still get complaints.
    Is it any wonder they opt for the easier option, which has the same results.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-19 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    As long as Blizzard set the price it is not a true supply and demand system.
    Yes it is - Blizzard set a starting price and the rest was done by supply and demand from the users.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So right now im Mc donalds and i got my food and i wanna sell it at my price. Oh, i can not because someone else tells me at what price i have to sell it.
    you really missed some classes mate. (apart from mcd "food" being the worst allegory possible)
    Try it again with IE a rare baseball card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes it is - Blizzard set a starting price and the rest was done by supply and demand from the users.

Blizzard could still tweak with the system that does the pricing, via time allotted between sales/selling before price adjust, % increase and decrease when sales happen vs they don't vs increase/decrease of tokens on market. Blizz has mechanics in place that control how that pricing actually works so its not full SnD, they essentially have a finger in the cookie jar and can play with them.

Blizz would be best described as a middle man who makes $5 each time they help a transaction between seller and purchaser, and middle men will do what they can to get more transactions.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2017-05-20 at 12:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Has nothing to do with that, it's all determined by Blizzard.
    Yea, no.

On topic: this thread again? Anytime there is news of something new that can be bought with bnet balance the token prices will shoot up.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

you really missed some classes mate. (apart from mcd "food" being the worst allegory possible)
    Nope.

They set the floor but there is no cap on the ceiling. A true supply and demand system would not have a floor. What Blizz has done is pure manipulation for them to double dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    No need to be salty just because I bought several years worth of game time for a mere pittance.

Regarding the <10k remark, I might have been thinking of the Battered Hilts which I also have many of, what I'm sure is that I bought a ton of the tokens when the system was first introduced and I now I don't see myself paying for the game for the foreseeable future.

So once again...
    /smug face
    Hey man I'm equally smug. I filled my bags when they were at their cheapest, have played for free ever since, and now have maxed out b.net balance. The only thing I didn't do was pay my sub years in advance, since I wasn't sure if I'd still be playing years in the future.

I was just burning you for your totally incorrect "10k" remark. If it was an honest error, fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Back down to 124k now. Maybe the rush is over?
    Every previous rush has caused wild swings (max increase, then max decrease, then max increase) for a few up/down cycles, then settled at a new (higher) equilibrium. This looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    forget that site they want to make u unblock there google ads.

bought 15 tokens. That should more than cover me for destiny and any expansions that come it's way.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    bought 15 tokens. That should more than cover me for destiny and any expansions that come it's way.
    Think I sold you some of those. That should cover me for any BoEs that come in 7.2.5.

ad hominem - If you don't have anything to add to the discussion just stop posting.

Blizzard should just let us post the tokens on the auction house without dictating the prices. We wouldn't have this discussion here and people wouldn't accuse Blizzard for doing some shady stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Bloody Destiny.

Hopefully it'll come down soon. Kinda sucks to have WoW suddenly cost more just because they decided to put a game they didn't make on the Launcher...
    Activision did, and considering they're part of the same company now, they're just capitalizing on it. Trust me, if it's successful, we will see a lot more Activision games on a redesigned Battle.net launcher as they try and pull an Origin or UPlay kind of deal.