Poll: Nicolas Cage: Good actor or Bad actor?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    He is good. He has shown that he is able to deliver great (and even Academy Award winning) performances if the movie deserves it. It's just that he is taking lots and lots of B-movie rolls and playing batshit crazy because he knows his fans love him for it (and maybe he doesn't give a fuck).

Every bad movie gets better with him in it (except maybe for Left Behind).

Mediocre actor at best. He can't play serious roles.

On top of this, because of his debt (not sure if hes payed it off now) there was a time where he took literally any fucking job, he'd be in like 7 shitty movies a year with bad dialogue, a bad plot and bad directing in general.

There is no good way of saying "Hey have you ever been dragged onto the sidewalk and beaten until you've pissed blood?"

fun actor. thats for sure.

Better than Will Ferrall.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    your best post ever. but yeah i always thought he was good... looking at some of it now idk... different times. new stuff will seem corny in 20yrs too, trust that.

Neither OP, he is a serviceable actor, who - like many others can only play themselves.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I thought he had to take every movie he could to because of his financial problems?
    He even had to sell a rare comic book (I believe it was the first Superman).

And OT: I don't think he is as bad as people make him out to be.
    Has anyone seen Lord of War? One of the movies he actually fits/acts very well in.
    chicken and a egg story, sure he might have had financial troubles because he was spending on stupid shit but the trouble didn't start till 2009

http://financebuzz.io/finance-nicolas-cage-buying-spree

So he started to accept every role he was offered to make money

But looking at his rotton tomatoes you see a line where his early movies where the best and then at the end of the 90s he started putting out crap while he was riding high on his mid 90's successes. Actors like him get offered rolls, they can choice the movies he declines a handfull of good roles for ''reasons''

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/nicolas_cage/

Love him in lord of war.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a meaningless question. He's the Nicolas Cage actor. He's beyond good and bad.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

In his earlier career I think he had potential to become a great actor and of course that means that potential is still there. But once he caught his break he more or less just played as Nicholas Cage in various career paths in all his films. I mean I can't say I blame him because it got him paid. Why be great when you can just be you and get rich and endlessly laid doing it. God bless America right.

Nicolas Cage is a national treasure and easily one of the best actors of his generation. Born into Film industry royalty he changed his name to stand on his own feet and build a reputable name for himself and face off or not ride on the coattails of his famous family. You could say he kicks ass or drives angry like the Ghost rider, a real wicker man.

Not only has he given us a vast collection of fine hair styles that have entertained but also amused, he has used accents ranging from the far east of America to the far west to leaving las vegas. His contribution to the make up and linguistics of cinema cannot be underestimated or understated. Hes no average Joe. His Career has been solid as The Rock and felt like its Gone in Sixty Seconds.

If it wasn't for his personal financial woes he could have easily dominated the award seasons choosing more art house projects like bangkok dangerous but instead choose to give his talents to more marketable and family friendly franchises like the sorcerers apprentice. God bless Nic Cage city of angels, lord of war.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-05-19 at 09:18 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like his acting. He tries to be a comedian but actually, he is not.

Neither.

And Both.

Great actor. Maybe, the reason he sometimes has a bad performance is because he jacked off to Ashley Judd too much.

/shrug

I dare to say he's a good actor.

Money troubles ruined him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I dare to say he's a good actor.

Money troubles ruined him.
    Yes he is a good actor. What money troubles?
    - says Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    He's a good actor who has a really bad habit of taking every role ever offered to him. He'd seriously accept a role to play a character that wasn't himself in a movie about his life, completely unironically.
    He got himself into some serious financial problems I think due to that madof ponzi scheme. Instead of taking a bankruptcy he worked his way out of it taking pretty much every role he was offered. Maybe not the greatest thing for an artist but I admire his work ethic he got himself into trouble and then worked his way out of it in an unglamorous but steady way.

Deleted
    Leaving las vegas is not the best movie ever IMO, but his performance is one of the best I ever seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    He is not a bad actor. He just plays in very shitty movies more often than not. The recent religious movies (eg. Knowing, Left Behind) don't make the situation any better.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Was this poll made by a sithlord?