Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    Right, why do people actually care about prestige at all again?

You get some mediocre mounts and appearances and a title which tells everyone you did an honor grind for a long time on one toon.
    The same could be said for literally everything in every game so let's not use pointless dead-end statements, shall we? I do it because I want to collect the mounts, toys and the Artifact Weapon appearances. However, I don't have the time nor energy to grind max Prestige on two characters let alone one so it either needs to become Account Wide or dramatically decreased. Then again they can continue on the path they've set themselves upon and ultimately lose yet another subscriber (and likely many more) because they've got their heads lodged too far up their own rear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Thread#127831 on reason#1278867 why people can't re-roll in Legion.

I mean seriously, previous to legion did you want Full PvP gear on all characters if you "unlocked" it on 1?
    It's not about unlocking the talents. I'm ok with that.
    What bugs me is that if you are level 10 or whatever and you want to reroll, you are losing out on the made progress.

What I would see could work:
    You start with no talents and you have to grind those out first. When you have them all, you're character continues on the highest level of prestige that you have earned on your account.

It should work like AK does. Every 5 levels grants your account a +x% boost for other characters below the highest prestige level on your account. Or something like that!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    It should work like AK does. Every 5 levels grants your account a +x% boost for other characters below the highest prestige level on your account. Or something like that!
    That's actually a pretty cool idea!
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Should be account wide after prestige 1 like I said many months back

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it should be account wide.

Only reason I see why it isn't , is because you could get 50.000 honor from just doing the towers/FFA WQ with 50 characters.

That same reason goes for why Reputation isn't account wide, 50 emmisary bags = 75.000 rep in 1 day. In the most extreme case not counting individual WQs.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-22 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    I don't really PVP, so maybe I shouldn't comment, but out of curiosity: What exactly do these ranks do? The mounts and pets you get are account-wide anyway. Titles, I don't know but would assume also, because many other titles in game are. So what exactly is this "losing out because having a lower Prestige rank" thing you are talking about?

I... I really don't know what to think about this. I sort of feel like each toon should progress the first rank to unlock their talents, but there should be an overall account level as well.

So something like:
    Alt 3, honor 30, prestige 0. Account honor level 14, prestige 6.

so the alt's additions go toward the account prestige, but each alt should have to progress and earn their own talents. Also, if that is the case, i feel that the honor tower WQ honor should only count once per day toward your account level (but still counts for each individual toon that does them).

Kinda stupid to get PVP stuffs from going ONLY PVE content, so they can remove that little bit of the advantage that is in place now.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now I wonder, after Legion, will all the mounts/appearances "reset" ? If they keep the system that is.

They keep adding more and more prestige levels, we know they now go up to 18 in season 4.

Let me guess 7.3 will add 2 more seasons.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-22 at 12:26 PM.

I think everyone should just devote their attention to the massive ball ache that is AP grind. I suppose that has been discussed into oblivion by now though...

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    The same could be said for literally everything in every game so let's not use pointless dead-end statements, shall we? I do it because I want to collect the mounts, toys and the Artifact Weapon appearances. However, I don't have the time nor energy to grind max Prestige on two characters let alone one so it either needs to become Account Wide or dramatically decreased. Then again they can continue on the path they've set themselves upon and ultimately lose yet another subscriber (and likely many more) because they've got their heads lodged too far up their own rear.
    Imagine just doing something because you enjoy the competition, or spending some time with friends

If it's Barbie accessories you're after, why not pursue something which takes at least some skill and will actually give you some recognition among players (like glad*)? If I see you with your prestige level 1000 mount I'd sooner feel bad for you than envious.

If you don't enjoy the game then just quit and play/do something you enjoy.

* inb4 "HUEW HUWE HUE GLAD TAKES NO SKILLZ JUST ROLL F0T|V|"

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    This is actually a fantastic idea.
    Last edited by Aryah; 2017-05-22 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Lol... "I don't have time for it but want it, so it needs to be given to me for basically free" paired with a variation of "Either you do this, or you will lose my 13 EUR a month forever".

Are you serious? Probably just trolling, but just in case you're not: This definitely ranks in the top of the most ridiculous posts on here, and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I don't really PVP, so maybe I shouldn't comment, but out of curiosity: What exactly do these ranks do? The mounts and pets you get are account-wide anyway. Titles, I don't know but would assume also, because many other titles in game are. So what exactly is this "losing out because having a lower Prestige rank" thing you are talking about?
    If you are at a high rank and want to start playing another character, you start from scratch. You're basically doing the same effort twice before you're back where you left off. If you PvP a lot I doubt it would really matter that much and you'd catch up eventually. Besides, the prestige rewards are purely cosmetic.

Personally I wouldn't want it to be account-wide. I'd miss out on essentially free gold and AP. Using an instant WQ completion token on a FFA PvP quest gives 200 gold or 500 AP (before AK) each day, on top of the base reward from the quest. In a couple of days I'll have 4 characters with access to those instant completion tokens. I doubt an account-wide system would still work the same way.

Imagine just doing something because you enjoy the competition, or spending some time with friends

If it's Barbie accessories you're after, why not pursue something which takes at least some skill and will actually give you some recognition among players (like glad*)? If I see you with your prestige level 1000 mount I'd sooner feel bad for you than envious.

If you don't enjoy the game then just quit and play/do something you enjoy.

* inb4 "HUEW HUWE HUE GLAD TAKES NO SKILLZ JUST ROLL F0T|V|"
    What competition? Oh, you mean the one where we see who can play the longest and get the luckiest? Haha, yeah, that sure is fun.

"Barbie accessories"? I haven't seen that ignorant remark in ages. Probably because I'm not so pathetic as to concern myself with impressing others with items that will inevitably be lost when the game collapses under the ego of Blizzard and players like you?

That's actually exactly what I'm doing and when there's no one left but the handful of people like you, will it be worth it? Then again I'm willing to bet you're petty enough to say "yes" just out of spite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Lol... "I don't have time for it but want it, so it needs to be given to me for basically free" paired with a variation of "Either you do this, or you will lose my 13 EUR a month forever".

Are you serious? Probably just trolling, but just in case you're not: This definitely ranks in the top of the most ridiculous posts on here, and that's saying something.
    I'm not asking for anything to be given to me "for free", but I suppose a simple-mind would misinterpret my post as such.

Deleted
    The archaeology artifact appearance is account wide, and that takes less time to get then the prestige ones.
    On the other hand, getting up to 4 artifact appearances "for free" once you hit 110 feels a bit silly too.

The best middle road imo is to just have a catchup mechanic where you need a lot less honor to get back up to the rank your highest char has, and then towards the end of the expansion maybe making it account wide so it's not impossible to get those appearances in future expansions.

What competition? Oh, you mean the one where we see who can play the longest and get the luckiest? Haha, yeah, that sure is fun.
    I lol'd. Do you seriously believe that?

"Barbie accessories"? I haven't seen that ignorant remark in ages. Probably because I'm not so pathetic as to concern myself with impressing others with items that will inevitably be lost when the game collapses under the ego of Blizzard and players like you?
    That's some first class hypocrisy right there.

Anyway, I'm perfectly okay with my t8 red recolor with Gorehowl transmog for my DK Barbie. Couple with my "Hordebreaker" title, I think it looks sick and I like to imagine others think it looks sick too. Some gentlemen and scholars say it from time to time. Bless them.

On the other hand why spend lots of time on something you don't enjoy to earn Barbie points on something that doesn't even look that good and won't earn any kind of recognition? I'd slap a pink polka dot fedora on my Barbie if it was earned by getting gladiator. Horde in PvP would be like, "OH S---! HE'S GOT A PINK POLKA DOT FEDORA!"

That's actually exactly what I'm doing and when there's no one left but the handful of people like you, will it be worth it? Then again I'm willing to bet you're petty enough to say "yes" just out of spite.
    Are you suggesting my opinion that you should do what makes you happy makes you a victim of something? Or are you actually trying to spite me by taking my genuine advice? I'm confused.

I'm not asking for anything to be given to me "for free", but I suppose a simple-mind would misinterpret my post as such.
    Everyone who disagrees with you is stupid and everything you aren't able to achieve is not achievable due to being outside of your control. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    I believe it is because of the gold/AP rewards in most levels, all the other rewards are account wide.
    Still is kinda shitty that the prestige artifact skins aren't account-wide unlocks at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

You get some mediocre mounts and appearances and a title which tells everyone you did an honor grind for a long time on one toon.
    I like the Ursoc style Guardian Druid skin, so I have still to do a lot of crappy PvP :/

I don't get why it isn't account wide at all. Just make it so you have to do that first prestige on every character (to unlock all talents), but the prestige rank is account wide.

They could also just change how you obtain the skins, make it so you get a quest for each of the colours (win 10 BGs, win 10 arena matches, win 10 RBGs) that isn't account bound. This way you can't just log on alts and obtain a free skin, but you have to complete the first prestige to unlock the quests you've unlocked on your main + the prestige rank.

To me this is a simple solution to a annoying problem.
    Heck, even that first prestige to unlock all the talents is a pain in the ass. I love to be able to level a toon to 110 and just jump right into PvP. But hate being shafted because my class' best honor talents are on the last row so I have to do a brainless grind before I can get what I need to really push ratings on that char. But I guess some character progression for those RPers is needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do people care about achievements? Why do people care about pets? Why do people care about doing Mythic raiding? Why do people care about leveling?

Perhaps it is very simple - because they enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

This is actually a fantastic idea.
    hueh hueh, maybe blizzard will read it and say no! It must take as long as possible!

I would love nothing more than to see someone like you walk up to a stranger and tell them about your Prestige level in World of Warcraft and see how much they care. Better yet, go ahead and make a post here and see how many are concerned about it. I guarantee you won't get many if any patting you on the back.

- - - Updated - - -

If we had to grind half as much to get full PvP gear as we do for full Prestige then absolutely.
    Where was I bragging? I was stating a fact as to how easy it is to gain prestige with barely doing anything close to considered as a grind or being "the longest thing to do in WoW ever" as some people have pointed out.
    You did have to grind as much as you do in Legion if you wanted the best PVP gear, or unless you're an absolutely amazing pvp'er. Getting the intro PVP gear prior to Legion was never hard, getting the best gear required skill and time.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-05-22 at 03:15 PM.