Deleted

Roaring Blaze > Backdraft

Hello im just a new destro scrub rerolling from affliction(bored to death) and like many destros i have problems with raid damage. However when i specced to Roaring Blaze my dps went up quite a bit. From 700k to almoust 900k st in st raid encounter. Why every1 use and recomend backdraft when it is so much below Roaring blaze? I did some hc raid zergs with 900+ ilvl grp and my dps went from bottom places to above average in the meters. With many errors my dps was just little below 900k while best dps's had 1.1m dps, which i think is possible for even me when i dont make so many mistakes. HC raid bosses die fast with overgeared people so destro dps might die a little bit in the long run, but im still very satisfied i have hope to maintain 800k+ dps in any fight which is good enough. OFC with affli i have pulled hc krossus 1m+ dps and parsed 97% but if i can do 850-900k as destro i am more than happy. My gear is now ilvl 906e 32% haste 19%crit 71% mastery 3% versa trinkets whispers and kiljaedan burning wish(which i often forget to use). IF i swap kiljaedan with RoF ring my stats are 32% haste 23% crit 52% mastery whispers+metronome trinkets but simc suggest i should use kiljaedan instead of rof rng even it offer much better stats, but the effect is useless and loose to kiljaedan in both aoe and st. + kiljaedan has tons of int. my other lege is lessons of space-time.

So destro can be decent for any situation dmg wise? i dont wanna go back to boring affliction and i like destro spells and class fantasy. One thing affliction has MUCH better healing and survival cant take my destro to high lvl m+ keys yet while affliction is basicly immortal with awesome self healing, strong hs and stuff.

Destro will get better 7.2.5 but i am affraid the weak setbonus of t20 will ruin alot of that so hope they change bonus and give destruction better survival + get rid of elt. Elt is the only thing i hate about destruction rotation.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Roaring Blaze is cancer. You like it, you play it. We hate it, we shit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kridlock View Post
    Why every1 use and recomend backdraft when it is so much below Roaring blaze?
    It sims a few percent ahead of BD (which isn't a very large amount) but is horrible game play wise / for practical use and unless you play like a robot it doesn't actually perform better.

Hence everyone using BD.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kridlock View Post
    Why every1 use and recomend backdraft when it is so much below Roaring blaze?
    Because, despite being """so much below""" roaring blaze, BD is what dominates the logs - which should tell you something. If RB was truly so dominant it would only take a few people playing it to start seeing some representation, yet you're lucky to see even 2-3 rankings on the front page of bosses as simple as Krosus, let alone ones requiring more multitasking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are deluding yourself, OP, probably you miss the mark by quite a bit.

What you say is not making sense even, just think about it - you claim that talent gives 30% damage increase? It does not even give close to that against not taking any talent at all there.

Elt is the only thing i hate about destruction rotation
    So take Eradication. It's comparable on single target and cleave. ELT only wins on AoE, and in that case you're better off playing Affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i like RB more. but as soon as we lose our set bonus from this tier there will be no reason to take anything but BD

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    personally i like RB more. but as soon as we lose our set bonus from this tier there will be no reason to take anything but BD
    The set bonus benefits BD heavily as well, it didn't really make much of any difference in the two talents power gap.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    RB is only slightly ahead of BD, turns our rotation into horseshit while stripping Destro from its only real advantage in NH: High priority targets and on-demand burst. Sounds tempting, right?