Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Millenial bashing. How original.
    It's super funny as I, a millennial, grew up with a NES.

So it's not even a millennial bash: just some ass finding a new reason to be an ass.

Which is the whole fucking problem.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's super funny as I, a millennial, grew up with a NES.

So it's not even a millennial bash: just some ass finding a new reason to be an ass.

Which is the whole fucking problem.
    Internetz found new word. Millenials. Everything is wrong in all gaming communities because of them.

Internetz will found new word. And then the new word will be evil incarnate. Rinse and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    people were lazy shits back when, they're lazy shits now

general player performance is at a much higher level than it was back then
    This. People have no idea how bad players used to be. We're talking warriors using int staves and rogues wearing cloth bad.

Deleted
    Vanilla punished players as early as they could play if they pulled more than 1 mob, that was a very common thing that everyone learned early. So when you are punished for pulling 2 regular mob tigers as a lvl 6 Warrior, imagine the mindset of the player upon entering a dungeon with elites at higher level? Add in the social element of having a reputation on a server, and you took time to figure things out, for your own sake.

Modern WoW is teaching players that they are suppose to mow down mobs from lvl 1 to heroic raids, that is roughly 99% of the entire game. No boss, dungeon or mob cannot not be overcome just by blowing your cds and its done.

This is why the entire discussion of "difficulty" in WoW today is a complete waste of time, people unable to see the forest fo the trees, because players automatically start comparing high end raids as some sort of barometer, and miss the rest of the 99% of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Thw thing about Vanilla questing that you mention, that sometimes there was little clue about how to to a quest or even where you were supposed to go may have been okay at the time, but by todays standard I really think that comes under bad design. Players shouldn't have to rely on third party websites like Thottbott/Wowhead/Google/whatever in order to perform simple in game tasks, that information should be readily available in game.

Lots an lots and lot of people complain about the WoW community these days, I mean, its hard to go anywhere even tenuously linked to WoW and not see people bitching and moaning about it, however as I see it all the blame is delivered straight at the feet of Blizzard and the WoW dev team. It's like people want the developers to form a massive community for them, ignoring the fact that creating and maintaining a helpful and vibrant community takes hard work from EVERYONE. Sure, some decisions have been made that have affected the community feel of the game, but, to me it feels as if collectively (I include myself in this) players have just thrown their toys out of the pram and started complaining about it rather than making the most out of any potential new opportunities.
    In vanilla, the quest text always gave you a clue about where you needed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    In terms of wow?

The removal of battle groups and letting the LFD system work across realms,

Back in the day if you were a dick you were outed for it,

If you were a ninja, good luck getting into any pug group
    If you were a cunt in a guild to someone, good luck getting in a guild
    I played on one of the most populated realms from launch ( US Mannoroth) and I was a dick, but still found guilds doing top content

Maybe I was lucky because I was a good / geared prot warrior though, lol
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get the "Where's Mankrik's Wife?" meme without people constantly asking about it instead of just reading their quest or looking it up online.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The newer kids, ones that weren't teenagers when WoW even came out are now becoming Teenagers and are starting to play more online games.

Unfortunately they are one of the most entitled, obnoxious, disrespectful group of shits I've seen since I started gaming 2 decades ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    In vanilla, the quest text always gave you a clue about where you needed to go.
    Which is why Mankriks wife was such a massive thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The newer kids, ones that weren't teenagers when WoW even came out are now becoming Teenagers and are starting to play more online games.

Unfortunately they are one of the most entitled, obnoxious, disrespectful group of shits I've seen since I started gaming 2 decades ago.
    More entitled, obnoxious and disrespectful than people like you who seemingly spend 3/4 of their lives whining and bitching about how people younger than you have ruined the entire planet???

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Which is why Mankriks wife was such a massive thing?
    I think that had to do with The Barrens being an immensely big zone.
    However, the quest text still gave a few clues away about where you might find her.

This is the quest text:
    "We battled in a small tauren camp when we were separated--she held three of the Bristlebacks off by herself. But the odds began to overwhelm us. I led some away only to see her overwhelmed by newcomers. In my rage, I turned to face my enemies, but they brought me down easily with their vast numbers.

I awoke to a tauren druid tending my wounds--he had come across me on the Gold Road as I fell.

Please, <class>, find some sign of my wife."

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

― Socrates

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I played on one of the most populated realms from launch ( US Mannoroth) and I was a dick, but still found guilds doing top content

Maybe I was lucky because I was a good / geared prot warrior though, lol
    I'd go with a mix of luck and high pop

Bonus points for having a hunter icon though, cherry on the top there

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Blame isn't really the point though. You can't point at a group of X million disparate people who seldom interact with each other and say "fix your community!". Blizzard is the central point of that community, and the only entity which has any power to fix the issue. Therefore we look to them for the solution, and they've pretty firmly refused to present one - for THAT they can be blamed.
    I don't see why Blizzard should be blamed for the poor behavior in the community. If people are obnoxious to others in the game, that is Blizzard's fault? I like to, or, hope, that most people in the game are adults or their late teens. If they cannot be courteous to random strangers, that says a lot about their inner self. I would guess these same people are only more bearable in real life because of real consequences, such as reprimands at work.

Short of policing the game, there is no not much Blizzard can do. If you have a solution, suggest one.

The new generation of gamers are indeed very entitled and many seem not to understand the concept of overcoming a challenge to earn rewards. To put it in perspective, when I was a kid, Mario on NES was one of the first games I played, and I played the crap out of it. It was a blast. Most of today's generation would open that game, complain it's too hard, too linear, the characters are too one-dimensional, and that they payed for the game, they should have access to the last level even though they aren't able to get there through gameplay....the sad part is Nintendo would patch the game, let you jump further, run faster, make mario a gay transgender businessman because being a plumber would be demeaning, and give everyone a code to beat any level if they can't do it themselves....then ppl would bitch the game isn't what it used to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    The new generation of gamers are indeed very entitled and many seem not to understand the concept of overcoming a challenge to earn rewards. To put it in perspective, when I was a kid, Mario on NES was one of the first games I played, and I played the crap out of it. It was a blast. Most of today's generation would open that game, complain it's too hard, too linear, the characters are too one-dimensional, and that they payed for the game, they should have access to the last level even though they aren't able to get there through gameplay....the sad part is Nintendo would patch the game, let you jump further, run faster, make mario a gay transgender businessman because being a plumber would be demeaning, and give everyone a code to beat any level if they can't do it themselves....then ppl would bitch the game isn't what it used to be.
    God forbid consumers demand they get a good experience when buiyng a game, especially when you ar paying £50+ for a game that might be less than 10hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'd go with a mix of luck and high pop

Bonus points for having a hunter icon though, cherry on the top there
    I was a prot warrior from launch till 08. Hunter since then :P That's why the icon!
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.