Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I know I should play with lower sensitivity, I just hate it.

    My DPI is 6400, and my ingame sense is almost at the top. If I move across my mousepad, I turn around I think 50~ times? something crazy I counted it out one day.
    How do you even live?

  2. #22
    oh its that cheater cunt again

  3. #23
    low sens mostly for long range tracking but suffers on short range flicks - arm aiming
    high sens mostly for short range flicks but suffers on long range tracking - wrist aiming (i believe this is not advisable)

    i use higher sens for genji and tracer though.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    .... I 'unno.
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Well I just play Mercy/Lucio/Rein/Winston so I've never had an issue!
    Mercy, Rein and Winston I can understand, but Lucio? Being able to hit left click is kinda important.

    Besides, what resolution you playing at? I'm running ~5k effective DPI on a 4k monitor and it's still kinda hard to aim long-range

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Mercy, Rein and Winston I can understand, but Lucio? Being able to hit left click is kinda important.
    Yea, I was thinking exactly the same. I don't think I could hit a single headshot on Lucio even on a still target with such sensitivity. Hell, probably would have hard time hitting even body shots most of the time.

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans Kuniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,516
    I've started working my DPI and sensitivity down, used to play at 3500DPI and about 10 sensitivity in Overwatch, have halved both so far, but don't really have much room to go too crazy with the mouse movements, so don't know how much lower I can realistically get until I move house and can get a bigger desk later this year

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Yea, I was thinking exactly the same. I don't think I could hit a single headshot on Lucio even on a still target with such sensitivity. Hell, probably would have hard time hitting even body shots most of the time.
    Its all down to what you're used to, I was able to play pretty solidly as an offensive Zenyatta with my original settings of 3500DPI and default sensitivity. However as I get used to the lower settings it is becoming better to play with.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    I've started working my DPI and sensitivity down, used to play at 3500DPI and about 10 sensitivity in Overwatch, have halved both so far, but don't really have much room to go too crazy with the mouse movements, so don't know how much lower I can realistically get until I move house and can get a bigger desk later this year
    Set your DPI to 800, it's pretty much the standard across the board i think then just mix around with your sensitivity. Don't change it every breathing moment because it will make muscle memory more difficult.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Kuniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Set your DPI to 800, it's pretty much the standard across the board i think then just mix around with your sensitivity. Don't change it every breathing moment because it will make muscle memory more difficult.
    I've been dropping it 400 or so every few days to ease myself into it and see to play a few games etc, my goal is probably going to be able 800 and 5 - depending how much mouse space I need xD

  9. #29
    Legendary! Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    .... I 'unno.
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Set your DPI to 800, it's pretty much the standard across the board i think then just mix around with your sensitivity. Don't change it every breathing moment because it will make muscle memory more difficult.
    I've been slowly dropping mine too. Helps maintaining muscle memory for me. Dropping it slowly enough means you'll still be on target most of the time, instead of having to completely re-learn aiming

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Mercy, Rein and Winston I can understand, but Lucio? Being able to hit left click is kinda important.

    Besides, what resolution you playing at? I'm running ~5k effective DPI on a 4k monitor and it's still kinda hard to aim long-range
    4k as well. Lucio I don't really play anymore, since I can no longer simply exist, press e, and collect free SR.
    "He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."
    - Lt. James Gordon

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I play with a DPI of 800.

    You need to learn to use your whole arm to aim. It takes getting used to, but when you do you will find you can track targets a LOT better.
    You need to say your sensitivity as well. DPI alone does not say anything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    oh its that cheater cunt again
    He is not cheating what the fuck?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Yea, I was thinking exactly the same. I don't think I could hit a single headshot on Lucio even on a still target with such sensitivity. Hell, probably would have hard time hitting even body shots most of the time.
    I can't hit headshots with lucio on any sensitivity

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by magusfrostus View Post
    You need to say your sensitivity as well. DPI alone does not say anything.
    DPi of 800, sensativity of 9. Let's me basically track people at the speed they move on my screen.

    The only downside is I don't have a HUGE amount of space to work with on my desk, so I can't swing around as quickly as I would like but it still works out well.

    My overall accuracy has improved since slowing things down. I used to think higher sensitivity was better....but I'm finding lower to be better.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    DPi of 800, sensativity of 9. Let's me basically track people at the speed they move on my screen.

    The only downside is I don't have a HUGE amount of space to work with on my desk, so I can't swing around as quickly as I would like but it still works out well.

    My overall accuracy has improved since slowing things down. I used to think higher sensitivity was better....but I'm finding lower to be better.
    Sounds like a pretty good EDPI for someone with low amount of desk space.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Daws001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The States
    Posts
    2,948
    1600 dpi, 4 sens (7 for Mercy) is my sweet spot. I've tried out lower settings and am not a fan.

  15. #35
    My sense is 2.5 but on 1000dpi, I didn't know it's considered low.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    1600 dpi, 4 sens (7 for Mercy) is my sweet spot. I've tried out lower settings and am not a fan.
    Why change between heroes? bad for muscle memory.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    My sense is 2.5 but on 1000dpi, I didn't know it's considered low.
    Yeah that is pretty low...

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by magusfrostus View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good EDPI for someone with low amount of desk space.
    Yeah works well enough. I use a standard size mousepad for now. Once I get more space I plan to get a larger one.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    I've started working my DPI and sensitivity down, used to play at 3500DPI and about 10 sensitivity in Overwatch, have halved both so far, but don't really have much room to go too crazy with the mouse movements, so don't know how much lower I can realistically get until I move house and can get a bigger desk later this year

    - - - Updated - - -



    Its all down to what you're used to, I was able to play pretty solidly as an offensive Zenyatta with my original settings of 3500DPI and default sensitivity. However as I get used to the lower settings it is becoming better to play with.
    I think it's better to keep you dpi high and instead drop the ingame sense more drastically.
    For me lower dpis tend to make the movement stutter.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    I think it's better to keep you dpi high and instead drop the ingame sense more drastically.
    For me lower dpis tend to make the movement stutter.
    You mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcjfPKftJBQ

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    low sens mostly for long range tracking but suffers on short range flicks - arm aiming
    high sens mostly for short range flicks but suffers on long range tracking - wrist aiming (i believe this is not advisable)

    i use higher sens for genji and tracer though.
    Doesn't your muscle memory get irritated if you switch sens between champs?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    You use more muscle when making large movements, allowing for muscle memory to be stronger. Basically, lower sens will allow greater accuracy and precision.

    - - - Updated - - -



    High sens users generally aim with their wrist, which is bad. Lower sens forces you to use your arm.
    I don't understand this claim of "using the wrist is bad". Occupational therapy suggests (actually proves) that fine motor tasks (such as aiming a cursor with a mouse) is much more efficient and effective when using your wrist and fingers for movement (another example would be using a pencil to write). Using your arm for cursor movements is much less efficient than using your wrists/fingers. I'm not saying you can't get good by using your arm (obviously you can according to this post), but it is, objectively, much less efficient.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •