Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Imagine a line between 2 points. Point A is the world (immersion, rp) and point B is game(just they gamey part). And somewhere in the middle are the MMO games depending how much they lean towards immersion or gamey..

generally, sandbox games are close to point A while themepark games are close to point B. But this doesnt mean that they need to be exactly on A or B.. they can just be somewhere in the middle..

Over the years wow has pushed the line a lot towards point B removing more and more immersion and rpg elements in favor of convenience... it used to be somewhere in the middle..

What OP asks in some of his requests is to move further towards the B point... I personally disagree. I read some arguments like "but you mine without a pickaxe" or "you receive a dragon mount on your mailbox"..

true and i am not happy about it. But that doesnt mean that the game must move more to point B.. on the contrary, i believe that it need to start moving back to the other side before it stops being titled as RPG
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    nothing to do with garrison misson table or followers should return. titanforging and warforge should be removed as well as fuking legendary galore. AP and artifacts plz for the love of god remove this shit.

The reduction or removal of RNG gearing. Titanforging and Warforged is a fine concept if the player can ALWAYS upgrade their gear (Barring special cases) with some kind of currency (Badges). Having it exclusively through drops is pants on head retarded, no question. Just as well, being unable to go after specific legendary gear is really dumb - it should just be epic gear with unique affixes or something. But beyond the color of the gear, it shouldn't be RNG at all or it should also allow the ability to eventually get one.

I don't mind the Garrison mission table or the followers, but every iteration thus far is a chore and requires you to 'click' to 'engage' yourself. Nothing is engaging about what we are given, it's a steady stream of random rewards that we have no control over, which is infuriating in and of itself. And, of course, it would be engaging if you had more control of where you went for what kind of rewards - and actually participated within the missions you put forth with your followers.

Maybe we'll get that iteration in 8.0, allowing clearing of missions with much more meaningful rewards (Because they aren't right now, despite being promised that).

Once more, we need basic and advanced badges to return. Infinite generation (to a cap) and a weekly cap gain (to a maximum overall cap) is the best. I don't understand why this system was removed in favor of complete RNG gearing but it clearly was not for the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Imagine a line between 2 points. Point A is the world (immersion, rp) and point B is game(just they gamey part). And somewhere in the middle are the MMO games depending how much they lean towards immersion or gamey..

generally, sandbox games are close to point A while themepark games are close to point B. But this doesnt mean that they need to be exactly on A or B.. they can just be somewhere in the middle..

Over the years wow has pushed the line a lot towards point B removing more and more immersion and rpg elements in favor of convenience... it used to be somewhere in the middle..

What OP asks in some of his requests is to move further towards the B point... I personally disagree. I read some arguments like "but you mine without a pickaxe" or "you receive a dragon mount on your mailbox"..

true and i am not happy about it. But that doesnt mean that the game must move more to point B.. on the contrary, i believe that it need to start moving back to the other side before it stops being titled as RPG
    Actually I would be totally happy with point A. Remove or Rework. Point is to make a decision to fully embrace one of the roads, and stick with it. Removal is more about the current way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Actually I would be totally happy with point A. Remove or Rework. Point is to make a decision to fully embrace one of the roads, and stick with it. Removal is more about the current way they are.
    But it doesnt need to be more to one way or another it can be in the middle. It can keep a balance of simulation/gameplay and even favor more gameplay but not completely disregard simulation.
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2017-05-20 at 07:38 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Is ESO playing in the world of warcraft? Is it an azeroth RPG?

I love it when it is so easy to refute arguments.
    You want the game to be something it has never been on a whim of what you think you want it to be. You side step the fact it is built around interaction with others and hope it will become your own little world that sometimes allows you to peek out and do something old and familiar. You can keep trying to spin this narrative all you want, it doesn't matter then game isn't going to become this solo player haven you are hoping for. I do have a suggestion, with your ability to ignore your own statements and effort to spin other's you might give Fox and call and see if you can get O'Reilly's old show.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You want the game to be something it has never been on a whim of what you think you want it to be.
    Oh please, the game adresses solo players from start. Every content up to endgame is soloable. The weak part is endgame, and that is where the game should improve.

You can keep trying to spin this narrative all you want, it doesn't matter then game isn't going to become this solo player haven you are hoping for.
    Well, thats not up to you. And not up to me. So lets not talk about things that "never happen".

I do have a suggestion, with your ability to ignore your own statements and effort to spin other's you might give Fox and call and see if you can get O'Reilly's old show.
    I see you dislike the idea. You are welcome to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    But it doesnt need to be more to one way or another it can be in the middle. It can keep a balance of simulation/gameplay and even favor more gameplay but not completely disregard simulation.
    It can be, but not with half assed measures. Like chose option B for one and option A for another. But don't stick with this A-ish whatever we have now.

Like: Make campfires a general social ability that give a bonus to cooking and alchemy, make forges and anvils optional that give a bonus to relevant professions when near them, make inking sets just as optional as mining picks skinning knives fishing rods and the like and simply ad a bonus. Make a quick return spell that gets a shorter cooldown and/or cast time, if you keep a hearthstone with you.

A system that works the same way for everything. And it happens to make things easier.

BUT on the other there are some abilities you only get from your trainer, there is no faceroll raid difficulty, epic mounts are all boss drops and maybe a little bit faster.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-05-20 at 01:02 PM.