Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Didnt they said that they will move towards longer expansions with many content patches instead of the previous goal (that failed) of faster expansions?

On the other hand 7.3 seem to be the last patch story wise..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Didnt they said that they will move towards longer expansions with many content patches instead of the previous goal (that failed) of faster expansions?

On the other hand 7.3 seem to be the last patch story wise..
    They also said MoP isn't Kung Fu Panda, but it had pandas, monk, pandas being monks, a very China inspired continent and gave the most hilarious silly and flirt emotes to Pandas.

They also said WoD won't be time travel or filler, yet we traveled to the past of an alternate timeline and 99% of the characters we met there also stayed there. Hello Yrel and Grom. And other Doomhammer that Enhancement Shamans(shamen?) could have used to dual wield.

I'm not going to take their word for anything they say without evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    They also said MoP isn't Kung Fu Panda, but it had pandas, monk, pandas being monks, a very China inspired continent and gave the most hilarious silly and flirt emotes to Pandas.

They also said WoD won't be time travel or filler, yet we traveled to the past of an alternate timeline and 99% of the characters we met there also stayed there. Hello Yrel and Grom. And other Doomhammer that Enhancement Shamans(shamen?) could have used to dual wield.

I'm not going to take their word for anything they say without evidence.
    hehe I get the point.. but on this subject they didnt "promise" something good (eg fast expansions...)... I mean, when they say they will do 10 things fast I expect them to do 7 things slow.. When they say that it will make it slow, I dont expect them to do it fast, because it is opposite to slow..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    hehe I get the point.. but on this subject they didnt "promise" something good (eg fast expansions...)... I mean, when they say they will do 10 things fast I expect them to do 7 things slow.. When they say that it will make it slow, I dont expect them to do it fast, because it is opposite to slow..
    Fair enough. But we are reaching the story end and they barely have enough content for this many patches. Otherwise they wouldn't be stretching them this much. At any rate the last time they went further than x.4 was in Vanilla. A new expansion has to come at the very least a year from Blizzcon.

Deleted
    The by far part is debatable. WoD really pushed back sub numbers. No they didn't close it down, but jsut because they dealt with the isse differently, does not mean the problem wasn't as bad. It's pointless anyway. It started with the assumption that Blizz wouldn't care what an MMO that was relaunched does. Which is completely bogus as major content patches and expansion releases always coincided. So Blizzard will definitely release some new content late june.
    Did I ever say it wouldn't?

Also. how is 5.6 million not outshining the competition by far.

I don't think it's pessimistic to say there'd be no new class. I don't recall ever getting a new class two expansions in a row, and until MoP the same was true for new races. We just had a new class, so at most I'd expect a new race.

Also, where does Cataclysm having 13 new zones come from? I can only remember 5. 6 if you count Fireland's Molten Front daily area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'd bet 80% of my gold that there won't be another new class. At least the fact that they couldn't even imagine a third DH spec should tell you that.
    Demon Hunter tanks are a stretch of imagination if you read some lore, or the Illidan book. I don't think there was another spec/role they could feel based on lore/fantasy
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I'll take that bet. Azshara and N'Zoth.

To be fair quite a few of those people only stay because of friends and/or nostalgia and never tried any MMO that isn't wow. Of course that still means millions of players that keep it alive, but maybe not for the right reasons.
    it is what online game are about, playing with friend/guild friends, its why wow is so good, his lore, history, being able to do all that with friends for so many years, the ones who dont play anymore on WoW are just peoples that played it alone or dont want to try to make a lot of contact or going in a guild having fun with new friends, so they come here and spit on the game, trying to convince us that the is death, but it is not

the game will be death when my guild friend willl be gone, end of story

Fair enough. But we are reaching the story end and they barely have enough content for this many patches. Otherwise they wouldn't be stretching them this much. At any rate the last time they went further than x.4 was in Vanilla. A new expansion has to come at the very least a year from Blizzcon.
    Yea i expect that time too... if 7.3 will release around September, then expect the usual 1 year content draught and get expansion around September 2018, almost a year after Blizzcon..

Deleted
    Yea i expect that time too... if 7.3 will release around September, then expect the usual 1 year content draught and get expansion around September 2018, almost a year after Blizzcon..
    Well Nighthold came 5 months after the patch it was supposedly a part of, so if 7.3 goes live in September, we will get the Argus raid in February. So if 8.0 gets released in September that is 7 months of no content. That would be the lowest since Burning Crusade. That would give them a lot of good karma from the fans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Speculation is fine, but I am just saying it is wildly unlikely Gamescom will be the venue for the announcement.
    Gamescon is way too early at this point as well. Maybe Gamescon 2018.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'd bet 80% of my gold that there won't be another new class. At least the fact that they couldn't even imagine a third DH spec should tell you that.
    Yeah, I expect a new race- not a new class. If anything- maybe a few re worked specs that need some attention.

For the rest, I expect them to continue with the legion model- since it seems to be working.

Deleted

New race: X
    New class: X
    New battleground: X
    New arena: X
    New profession: X
    New zones: X
    New levels: X
    To me any number put in there is pessimistic in its nature, its just same old stuff over and over again...im actually more interested in something outside the box. New game systems like new combat system, that would be refreshing. Or atleast use current system to their maximum, making dynamic events, embracing flying instead of having it as a nuisance that just has to come after X amount of months because of reasons.

Legion is just a very small step forward in this regard. We got mythic+ which is another way of making content relevant for the entire expansion (but we did have this in TBC in another way by spreading interesting gear everywhere). We got PvP templates and honor system, but no new BGs or world PvP zone, they lied about regular template balancing thats just not happening...brawls are hastily done and released with many bugs, interesting ideas though (they finally adopted one of many ideas from WoW forums). World quests and bonusrep caches are okay I guess, but a good mixture of traditional dailies and more story behind them would be better. Also, we can update every every zone to max lvl content, so whats holding it behind?

Since all you OP posted is regular stuff they should have mastered already im expecting more from every expansion. New race? Obviously, more variety is always better. New class? Same (we really need new ranged class). Making new BG has highest return of investment (dev time), its insulting they dont make new ones, insulting up to a point of they dont care about it (I cant explain it any other way). I dont really care about new professions, just make them impactfull. New zones and storylines are mandatory imo (I expect regular revamps of old zones to reflect what happened there, available at max lvl to make old zones relevant again).

New levels: uuuhm, no, why? Im expecting complete numbers squish, like almost every number in the whole game, lets start by not having levels and in next expansion level to 20, or dont lvl at all. There is no point to it, especially with mobs scaling to your ilvl (which is reaching 1000 soon?). They should have a serious look at numbers in this game.

Also RNG, remove this lottery nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    To me any number put in there is pessimistic in its nature, its just same old stuff over and over again...im actually more interested in something outside the box. New game systems like new combat system, that would be refreshing. Or atleast use current system to their maximum, making dynamic events, embracing flying instead of having it as a nuisance that just has to come after X amount of months because of reasons.

Legion is just a very small step forward in this regard. We got mythic+ which is another way of making content relevant for the entire expansion (but we did have this in TBC in another way by spreading interesting gear everywhere). We got PvP templates and honor system, but no new BGs or world PvP zone, they lied about regular template balancing thats just not happening...brawls are hastily done and released with many bugs, interesting ideas though (they finally adopted one of many ideas from WoW forums). World quests and bonusrep caches are okay I guess, but a good mixture of traditional dailies and more story behind them would be better. Also, we can update every every zone to max lvl content, so whats holding it behind?

Since all you OP posted is regular stuff they should have mastered already im expecting more from every expansion. New race? Obviously, more variety is always better. New class? Same (we really need new ranged class). Making new BG has highest return of investment (dev time), its insulting they dont make new ones, insulting up to a point of they dont care about it (I cant explain it any other way). I dont really care about new professions, just make them impactfull. New zones and storylines are mandatory imo (I expect regular revamps of old zones to reflect what happened there, available at max lvl to make old zones relevant again).

New levels: uuuhm, no, why? Im expecting complete numbers squish, like almost every number in the whole game, lets start by not having levels and in next expansion level to 20, or dont lvl at all. There is no point to it, especially with mobs scaling to your ilvl (which is reaching 1000 soon?). They should have a serious look at numbers in this game.

Also RNG, remove this lottery nonsense.
    A fair point, and I am actually surprised we got this far without someone pointing this out. The thing is, you can't really quantify features like the achievement system or pet battles or garrisons. I wouldn't mind a proper housing system or a huge revamp of specs and progression, but you can't translate that to numbers.

No new class. This feature comes in every two expansions.
    WotLk gave DKs, Cataclysm none.
    Pandaria gave Monks, Draenor none.
    Legion gave DHs, 8.0 none...

We *may* get new race and I personally would like Vrykul. But having all 12 slots taken, one of each class and no real incentive to level once more the same class I already have it'll be not a big deal if new race comes in.

10 new levels is pretty much confirmed as 5 feels and felt too little (despite taking equal amount of time to get there). New zones would oscillate around 5-6. Professions are long dull - no real need for another useless time sink. By the time you get there it turns out irrelevant.

What is more interesting for me it's the theme around which new x-pac would revolve. Argus and further? Back to Azeroth (for what purpose? Yet another Alliance vs Horde? old Gods? Brand new threat that would bring us to the Brink of Destruction (tm))? I'm curious of the story behind.

Deleted
    A fair point, and I am actually surprised we got this far without someone pointing this out. The thing is, you can't really quantify features like the achievement system or pet battles or garrisons. I wouldn't mind a proper housing system or a huge revamp of specs and progression, but you can't translate that to numbers.
    I would love player housing, even guild halls. Its in almost any other mmorpg out there, phasing tech allows them to make several places in the cities to be purchased by players. I think the "numbers" are mandatory at this point (after years of experience from developing this game to looking at what is competition pushing out). WoW clones copied mechanics from WoW, WoW stopped being the innovative leader (I dont want to argue whether it was or not), but now its easy...just copy things from other games, thats a good way. But not diablo god damnit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    No new class. This feature comes in every two expansions.
    WotLk gave DKs, Cataclysm none.
    Pandaria gave Monks, Draenor none.
    Legion gave DHs, 8.0 none...

To be fair we figured the same would be true for races and MoP proved us wrong. *glances at FFXIV that gave 3 classes in the first expansion and will give 2 in the second *

We *may* get new race and I personally would like Vrykul. But having all 12 slots taken, one of each class and no real incentive to level once more the same class I already have it'll be not a big deal if new race comes in.

So leveling sucks so a new race is pointless. We may need another zone revamp after all. Or a really cool race like Naga, Arakkoa, Jinyu or Botani.

10 new levels is pretty much confirmed as 5 feels and felt too little (despite taking equal amount of time to get there). New zones would oscillate around 5-6. Professions are long dull - no real need for another useless time sink. By the time you get there it turns out irrelevant.

Or they can make professions interesting again. But yes, there is probably a good reason why we haven't seen one since Cataclysm

What is more interesting for me it's the theme around which new x-pac would revolve. Argus and further? Back to Azeroth (for what purpose? Yet another Alliance vs Horde? old Gods? Brand new threat that would bring us to the Brink of Destruction (tm))? I'm curious of the story behind.
    Theme? The most obvious choice would be Azshara.