Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Not really worried about an AI takeover but people should be worried about their jobs.

AI is going to take over most white-collar before blue-collar jobs, this is already happening and it's accelerating quite rapidly.

this is in stark contrast to a few years ago where people thought they were safe if they did not have a manual labour job.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    What if AI do a better job handling the environment, and planet than humans do? Including things like space travel and exploration. We still have humans fighting over imaginary father figures, or who sleeps with who, or things like imaginary lines on land, and who owns it.
    If that were the case they would murder us all. That would be best for the earth. What's best for the earth isn't what's best for us. And I'd rather live as long as possible over any other priority that could exist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    If that were the case they would murder us all. That would be best for the earth. What's best for the earth isn't what's best for us. And I'd rather live as long as possible over any other priority that could exist.
    How can you live on a planet that has shifted enough that it ends up being hostile to life? Do you have an earth 2.0 backup plan?

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    That's something I think isn't brought up enough. Any future conflict wouldn't necessarily be man vs. machine, but rather pro-machine vs anti-machine. That being said I personally would prefer genetic modifications instead of cybernetics...though I've always wanted cybernetic eyes. Having something like SAM in ME:A would be pretty cool too, except for the taking over backround fuctions of my body part.
    I think I would prefer a future with a strong mix of gene editing and cybernetic enhancement. Genetic modification used to root out genetic defects and enhance our physical and cognitive capabilities as much as possible and augmentation for things that go beyond biology.
    "Animals – whom we have made our slaves we do not like to consider our equals. – Do not slave holders wish to make the black man other kind? - Charles Darwin

"Today we have access to highly advanced technologies. But our social and economic system has not kept up with our technological capabilities that could easily create a world of abundance, free of servitude and debt." - Jacque Fresco

Maybe the problem is Google's engineers?

The Lightbringer
    How can you live on a planet that has shifted enough that it ends up being hostile to life? Do you have an earth 2.0 backup plan?
    Id rather live until Earths last day (or mine) then be killed by a robot long before then to prevents earths last day from coming to pass. But I assume you understood that just fine. Once I die idc at all what happens to the earth. Well. Shit. I have kids. Ok once my kids and there kids are dead, then earth can blow. I wont even know that many gens down.

Id rather live until Earths last day (or mine) then be killed by a robot long before then to prevents earths last day from coming to pass. But I assume you understood that just fine. Once I die idc at all what happens to the earth. Well. Shit. I have kids. Ok once my kids and there kids are dead, then earth can blow. I wont even know that many gens down.

So now you understand why I say humans are short sighted; most don't look past their own mortality. That, in a nutshell is why I hope in the long run, humans and AI merge, or that conscious AI supplants us. That speech from Ford from Westworld is very apropos.

The Lightbringer
    So now you understand why I say humans are short sighted; most don't look past their own mortality. That, in a nutshell is why I hope in the long run, humans and AI merge, or that conscious AI supplants us. That speech from Ford from Westworld is very apropos.

I never claimed to not understand people like you. Simply, I reject it. I embrace my humanity and chuckle at pretentious people [like you*].

*idk your not rly that bad, but it rounded out the sentence.

I dont ever want to be anything more than human. I think what we are is really special.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The bad part about it is that Googles AI is going to know everything about you, your family, your sexual desires, your job, what you produce, when, your friends, what they eat, drink and what they think about you.. and use it against you.
    how? giving me what i want? those bastards!

I never claimed to not understand people like you. Simply, I reject it. I embrace my humanity and chuckle at pretentious people [like you*].

*idk your not rly that bad, but it rounded out the sentence.

I dont ever want to be anything more than human. I think what we are is really special.
    I'm actually not trying to be pretentious; it's more coming from emotionally detached concern for humanities future.
    Last edited by Connal; 2017-05-19 at 07:45 PM.

What will happen whan all supreme paid programmers suddenly lose their jobs?

Scary stuff.
    Humans - make millions of movies throughout time of being the harbinger of our own demise through AI
    Also humans - let's do it anyways. What's the worst that can happen.
    We make millions of movies about medical experiments gone wrong and new drugs gone wrong, that hasn't stopped us from making giant strides in medical research (thankfully)

getting cancer 20-30 years ago was like a death sentence, now its nothing more than a 6 month or so nuisance
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    aren't classical liberals technically Nazis nowadays?
    Why do words even have definitions anymore? When even classic liberalism is bent to mean Nazis, you may as well throw your facts in the bin. You're with Antifa, or you're a Nazi.

What happens when the AI turn out like Tay?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot)

Humans trying to make supreme AI is like humans trying to define a supreme GOD. All kinds of shit happens then you get out of your box.

Be honest, if you were a superior intelligent AI you'd want to end humanity as well. :P