Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

how much will i have to spend for a computerto run wow ok?

need a new computer because my old computer break down and my parents dont want to spend much money on it

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    need a new computer because my old computer break down and my parents dont want to spend much money on it
    For WoW only, you can get away really cheap. Especially if you still have peripherals from old computer(monitor/keyboard/mouse).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.48 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($69.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.33 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($99.99 @ Jet)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($52.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($36.88 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $422.54
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-19 13:39 EDT-0400

and pick up a Windows key from a place like kinguin and you've got a PC that will basically max out WoW(as long as you are not multitasking) for under $500.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    For WoW only, you can get away really cheap. Especially if you still have peripherals from old
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-19 13:39 EDT-0400

and pick up a Windows key from a place like kinguin and you've got a PC that will basically max out WoW(as long as you are not multitasking) for under $500.
    wow i dont know if can convince my parents to spend that money for a computer to play games

wow i dont know if can convince my parents to spend that money for a computer to play games
    That's going with all new parts. You could probably find something used if that's out of reach for you, or purchase used parts and put them together. Pretty much any semi-modern intel Pentium/i3/i5/i7 CPU is capable enough and even a 750ti can pretty much max out the game. Without knowing the used market in your area though, would be hard to make any specific recommendations.

How much were you expecting people to say? Crappy xbox's and playstations are like 250-300, PC's are much more powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That's going with all new parts. You could probably find something used if that's out of reach for you, or purchase used parts and put them together. Pretty much any semi-modern intel Pentium/i3/i5/i7 CPU is capable enough and even a 750ti can pretty much max out the game. Without knowing the used market in your area though, would be hard to make any specific recommendations.
    i thought i will order from here https://datori.dateks.lv/ or http://www.1a.lv/
    can i get it for 200 to play wow?
    Last edited by mmocb949c9f970; 2017-05-19 at 06:07 PM.

i thought i will order from here https://datori.dateks.lv/

Ah, should have mentioned from the start that you were in another country. I am not sure on pricing in your region and can't read the site, so hopefully someone else can help you out there.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're not going to get anything relatively decent and new for 200 euros. Closest you can get from the sites you linked is THIS and frankly while it'll probably open WoW you'll be playing at the lowest settings at a pretty low frame rate. Celeron's are trash as it is for games and it's using the integrated graphics. Depending on the PSU used you might be able to throw a bottom end GPU in it for some help but even that might require a new PSU in it to do so.

I'd recommend going on Craigslist or some equivalent site in your country and look for something used.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Honestly, anything under 400 its going to be really really rough to find a computer. If you're willing to risk a refurbished computer, https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9SIACNF57Z9635 may suffice for just wow. At most you'll get a 2 or 3 on the graphical slider but that's probably pushing it. If your looking for a cheap computer (under 300) you will have to look at amd APUs. The reason being is the gpu dye in the APU should be sufficient but severely lacking. This will allow you to by pass the need for a discreet card(not recommended but probably needed at your budget point)

Deleted
    Hi, considered buying a second hand one? Maybe a few years old? The prices, are generally much much cheaper than new.

i'm going to go another route and ask a different question~

what happened to your old computer? do you know for sure it is beyond repair? if it played wow just fine, you may be able to fix it up for an affordable price

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, you don't need it to play games. You need it for sophisticated software that you use at school, obviously.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

No, you cannot get anything for 200 Euro that will even be a complete Windows PC.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you can fix your old computer cause getting a new one for 200 euro is almost unfeasible unless you know someone who wants to sell you his old one.
    This is the cheapest I can do. And since you are from Latvia. (as far I could understand from the homepage) I made a list based on Germany prices.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor (€64.84 @ Mindfactory)
    Motherboard: MSI - H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€102.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€38.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€51.80 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 460 2GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (€105.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Zalman - ZM-T1 PLUS MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€23.67 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: Antec - EarthWatts Green 380W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€50.78 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €438.87
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-20 22:59 CEST+0200
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

You mention your parents so I assume you are a child. But is there any way for you to pick up small jobs and save every thing you can to buy your own, or at least pay half?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post

what happened to your old computer? do you know for sure it is beyond repair? if it played wow just fine, you may be able to fix it up for an affordable price
    This is a good question! If there are parts you can salvage from your old pc, it may just be rebuilding the core of the pc.

When I was 15 I bought my first computer myself. You're old enough to have a job. Go get a job and earn it for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post

i dont know, it dont start when i press the button

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    When I was 15 I bought my first computer myself. You're old enough to have a job. Go get a job and earn it for yourself.
    its hard to get a job at 15 here and my parents would just take the money to cover household costs
    Last edited by mmocb949c9f970; 2017-05-23 at 11:08 PM.

its hard to get a job at 15 here and my parents would just take the money to cover household costs
    Have you tried to get a job? I have a feeling you haven't even tried yet. Anything that's worth anything is almost never easy to get.

Also, chicks dig dudes with jobs.

Deleted
    is 100 euro ok for a computer like this or do i get ripped off? can it run wow?

i7 950
    radeon 4770 hd
    8gb ram
    Last edited by mmocb949c9f970; 2017-06-05 at 02:17 AM.