Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Give LFR it's own loot lockout - the solution for all sides

I'll start this by saying that I can't stand the idea of LFR. I don't believe that it is interesting in any way shape or form. I believe that it is neither engaging, nor conducive to any kind of personal enjoyment, for me. I do acknowledge that it is here to say and how a vast majority of the playerbase experiences the content

The reason that high end raiders dislike it is primarily two-fold (there are arguments for a third, but I will deal with two) in that: 1) they are strongly incentived to participate in it and 2) it diminishes the sentimental value of getting the kill on whatever difficulty you aspire to complete when Johnny No-Hands and Kelly Keyboard-Turner's blind cats can kill it while maintaining around 8% of optimal DPS/HPS/tankingpersecond.

The second has been addressed by Blizzard and is why we have wings released on a delayed schedule for LFR. Sounds good. The third argument that I mentioned is that new players will see the herp-derp mode, feel like they've completed the game, and decide they're done until the new stuff.

The former point, I believe, can be remedied by having a loot lockout that is solely for LFR. If you complete a boss on LFR then you cannot receive anything from that boss in any other difficulty throughout the reset. The same goes vice versa for the other difficulties meaning that if a boss is killed on Heroic difficulty there is nothing to be gained from killing it on LFR difficulty.

There would then be no reason for anyone who does not wish to run LFR to feel like they have to, and LFR people would finally be free of all the elitist-scum who come into their LFR. They'd be left to their own devices to progress through the raid at whatever speed that randomly assigned group can muster.

TL;DR - Give LFR its own loot lockout. You can either get loot from LFR or the other three difficulties. Higher end raiders won't have to subject themselves to LFR for any kind of gain, and LFR raiders wont have to get bitched at for trying to experience the game in a way that suits them

Flame on if you disagree. I might have a terrible idea and that's fine, but I feel that this would satisfy both the LFR crowd and the anti-LFR crowd. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Novakhoro; 2017-05-19 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added TLDR

As a very Pro-LFR player I somewhat agree, loot should have a lockout. But to be 900% clear loot should have a lockout no matter the difficulty mode.

If you do NM ur not getting loot from LFR,Heroic,Mythic and so on. All this does is lead to burn out because u got groups who do X difficulty modes each week and just burn out.

Don't make the lockout exclusive to LFR, Ether go all the way with it or not at all.

Also by adding said lockout LFR should release when NM does or at lease the first wing then a new wing each week fallowing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    that sounds stupid, why limit it because some people don't like having to do content?

This thread again /rolleyes
    If you don't like it, don't play it. Other players participating in LFR does not effect you at all.

I do not like LFR, thus I don't enter LFR. How hard is that for you to do?

Deleted
    Make it so LFR loot can't WF/TF.

LFR has been out for like what 6 or 7 years now and people still complain about it?

I'm pretty sure the majority of high end raiders really don't care about LFR or " the plebs" getting lfr loot. This seems more like a personality issue that should be discussed with a trusted friend or if needed a licensed professional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    One thing I've never quite understood is why Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiders feel strongly that they need to complete LFR content. I'm not saying its not true, I can't speak for the more hardcore scene as I've not raided hardcore since Cata, but the loot from LFR seems hardly worth it if your focus is on the other three tiers of raiding content. Is it because the LFR gear makes the Normal and up raiding content easier to do? Is it to hone strategies or some other aspect that makes it highly profitable to run LFR (for non-LFR raiders)? It seems to me like it would be better to just not run that content if its level of difficulty is not interesting to you - just forget it exists and go on your merry way. But if there's a strong incentive to for non-LFR raiders to do that content then yes, I would say that's a design issue. No idea how you'd fix it, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    Higher end raiders won't have to subject themselves to LFR for any kind of gain
    Higher end raiders do LFR? I find that hard to believe, considering the only thing you could realistically get is more BLP... And they're probably done/almost done with their legendaries anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one cares if you don't like it. No one cares if you feel it cheapens your heroic kill if I kill it on LFR. And yes, heroic because truly high end mythic raiders don't seem to give a fuck about LFR, it's just the whiny tryhards that keep posting this crap. Honestly, at some point posting about LFR like this needs to be infractable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    No loot should WF/TF at all... its a stupid system.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow OP, great way to limit the content I choose to play. Thankfully it is not your game and I don't have to live in the mmo universe you would build.

Every week I run normals and heroics for AP, possible warforged/titanforged upgrades and to increase my legendary bad luck protection counter. The rest of the time is spent on mythic progression. When I didn't have my 4pc during heroic progression, I ran lfr as well.

TL;DR: LFR is not content for you and you are not forced to experience it. Stay out of my fish pond and I will stay out of yours.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I'll file this under "sub-par solutions to non-existent problems"

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    I would much prefer this solution, or even just limiting it so that LFR loot can only WF up to a max of +10 ilvls.

Currently LFR is the main source of augment runes (I know they can come from missions/queue bonus satchels, but those aren't always available for everyone) and is a decent source of AP/legendary chance even for top tier raiders, who arguably are the only ones who need augment runes in the first place.

Plus, most LFR groups end up with a couple of normal/heroic/mythic raiders who know the mechanics, do good DPS/healing/tanking, and generally make the run smoother for the people in greens doing 60k DPS. Can you imagine how miserable of an experience LFR would be if it was always 20-25 of those semi-afk players because anyone who does any sort of organized raiding isn't allowed into the queue?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    only thing i dont like about lfr/normal/heroic is that it can titan forge to 925 lol, just means im running them every week to min max, although id run it anyways for the AP =P so idgaf

Let's just ban everyone who steps in LFR, that'll teach 'em!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No one cares if you don't like it. No one cares if you feel it cheapens your heroic kill if I kill it on LFR. And yes, heroic because truly high end mythic raiders don't seem to give a fuck about LFR, it's just the whiny tryhards that keep posting this crap. Honestly, at some point posting about LFR like this needs to be infractable.
    Did you literally not read past the first sentence?
    He's accepted it's a thing, but doesn't like the fact that higher end players are having to do content inappropriate for their level because it offers rewards that are on their level. Blizzard recently said they're on board with this philosophy with the rebalancing of Mythic+ rewards, they want players who are good enough to clear +10 to be incentivised to do that rather than spam MoS +2 or whatever.
    The suggestion is to extend this to raiding so there's no reason for a player who's raiding mythic to enter lfr for a chance at gear, because mid level mythic guilds do put pressure on people to do everything to get all they can out of their character, whether it's AP or gear.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    I would much prefer this solution, or even just limiting it so that LFR loot can only WF up to a max of +10 ilvls.

Currently LFR is the main source of augment runes (I know they can come from missions/queue bonus satchels, but those aren't always available for everyone) and is a decent source of AP/legendary chance even for top tier raiders, who arguably are the only ones who need augment runes in the first place.

Plus, most LFR groups end up with a couple of normal/heroic/mythic raiders who know the mechanics, do good DPS/healing/tanking, and generally make the run smoother for the people in greens doing 60k DPS. Can you imagine how miserable of an experience LFR would be if it was always 20-25 of those semi-afk players because anyone who does any sort of organized raiding isn't allowed into the queue?
    I dont think any raid gear should titan forge higher than the next level of difficulty, leads to ridiculous amounts of FOMO for 925 stuff

LFR loot is, by default, 45 levels below mythic loot. If we take the odds of getting a Titanforged-proc of that magnitude into account, then there's really no noteworthy incentive to run it if you're progressing through mythic already.
    By making this thread, you're pretty much implying that participation is quasi-forced upon the raiding population... which it really isn't.
    As it stands, LFR is great if you just want to get your raid-chest quickly without having to wait for your next day of raiding. It's quick, it's easy [because lots of over-equipped people participate] and it serves it's purpose.

Now, on to your actual suggestion: Aside from it being a really weird idea of restrictions, it goes against every idea of social interaction that has been established in the game.
    It means that you cannot go LFR until you've cleared the bosses on any other difficulty. Helping your friends/siblings with it? Well say goodbye to mythic loot, then!
    Then there's the problem that it's counterproductive to getting people into higher tiers of raiding. If you start your week with LFR for some gear pieces, you're locked out of any other potential upgrades.

Did you give this any serious thought at all? I mean, this cannot be a legitimate suggestion for change, right? This has to be a thread that's here to vent your frustrations or something. I can't imagine that you honestly thought that there was a rat's chance in hell that something like this would even be considered by someone running an MMORPG.

Any thread referencing lfr should automatically be directed to it's own section.