Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

insane ilvl reqs vs low ilvl dps

Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).

Find a guild.

Dont like it? dont Whine.

Make your own groups.

Item level 882 is more then good enough for normal nh and mythic 6 , players just want the speed it up and avoid wipes with higher geares players!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

Make your own groups.
    Read my post again buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

Make your own groups.
    Man you were in such a hurry to be an asshole you didn't even spend 5 seconds comprehending what he wrote. Bravo

Nethershards.

Also do a reg mythic and get your own key to form groups for. Make your own NH groups.

I wouldn't invite an 882 dps to anything these days in spite of it being high enough for a lot of stuff. Why? Because I can make an alt 895+ in the span of a few days if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    Item level 882 is more then good enough for normal nh and mythic 6 , players just want the speed it up and avoid wipes with higher geares players!
    I understand this but then blizzard should add an max ilvl cap to "lower skill" content because atm if you fall behind you're gone unless you know people.

They buffed mythic+, a +6 now is like a +12(or something) from the time when you last played. I'm sure you could still do it easily at 882, but I wouldn't take you considering that at this point, almost all raiders and weekly mythic+ guys are somewhere between 900 and 910(and ready for the next tier).

ETA: Have you considered OpenRaid, or starting your own group?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-05-19 at 07:27 PM.

Spam sentanax for 3 days, you will be 890+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?
    Pretty much this, without the "super experienced" part.
    It has always been like this. If you fall behind on the ilvl curve AND you're a dps, you're fucked. Make your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nethershards.

Also do a reg mythic and get your own key to form groups for. Make your own NH groups.

I wouldn't invite an 882 dps to anything these days in spite of it being high enough for a lot of stuff. Why? Because I can make an alt 895+ in the span of a few days if I wanted to.
    You can't get 895 in a few days by nethershards or by any means unless you got boosted.. Also I did mention that I tried making a group but no healer or tank joins, so what can I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much all you can do, start your own group or get a guild to do things with.
    Otherwise you're at the mercy of people's requirements whether you agree with them or not.

Look at it this way, the guy making the group will be FLOODED with people over 900 ilvl wanting to join. By making the requirement 900+ he simply makes the list shorter, easier to manage and find what he wants. Even if he puts 880+, there will be so many 900+ people that he will not look at anything under 900.

No one will ever bring "just enough ilvl to beat the place", I mean shit, he can choose between a lvl 904 or a lvl 886. You would also pick the 904, there's no reason to take the other guy.

So yeah, like someone said before, get a guild, make your own groups, not much else you can do at this point.

Also don't quit if you think you'll ever play again this xpack. I took a break once and regretted it big time, came back so far behind it was shit to catch up. I'd rather pay 15 bucks a month just so my stupid fucking AK doesn't become insanely low compared to everybody else. At least it doesn't take much time to just stay on the front wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    You can't get 895 in a few days by nethershards or by any means unless you got boosted.. Also I did mention that I tried making a group but no healer or tank joins, so what can I do.
    You absolutely can, my druid was 895 in 5-6 days after hitting 110. Granted I was lucky and hit cap when the mage tower was up so I farmed chests like crazy, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That's pretty much all you can do, start your own group or get a guild to do things with.
    Otherwise you're at the mercy of people's requirements whether you agree with them or not.
    I don't disagree with their logic but doesn't people see that this is why the pop drops towards the end of an expansion and then bumps up again at the start of a new one, because if you fall out you get destroyed and all the mid tier content is unavailable because of gear restrictions put up by the players.
    This is how some animals works, if you don't control the food supply they will eat it all and kill them self.

You just need to get lucky. I'd farm heroic emerald nightmare--there's always a speed group up for it and they usually say 880. Also look for the world boss spawn on the broken shore--they award 900+ gear and you can bonus roll. I got a 900 and a 905 one time. Nethershards will take time but the best ones start 885 I think and can roll up although it seems like a small chance. Other than that like said aboveboard just find a casual guild. They pretty much all run at least m+s because they're brain dead easy and I'm sure once you're in a guild they wouldn't mind having you. Also as a dps making and listing your own m+ group in the finder usually doesn't take too long.

It's a messed up system and people can be shit. Wish you he best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You absolutely can, my druid was 895 in 5-6 days after hitting 110. Granted I was lucky and hit cap when the mage tower was up so I farmed chests like crazy, but still.
    In order to do this you'd need to get titanforged on all pieces, get 2 legendaries, get 3 relics of different kinds, etc, thats a lot of things to go right and a lot of items in 5-6 days. I'm not saying I don't believe you but people claim a lot of things to bash someone who has a opinion about something

As others have mentioned there is a couple of ways around this:

1. Create your own groups, and have patience. Tanks and healers are almost always the last ones to join. Type in that you're doing a 2/3/14 setup, so they can see when you are full of DPS. Also just put a ilvl tag on it, say 890+ (even though you're not 890 yet) so it looks like you're not just filling it up with what ever applies.

2. Farm Nethershards under the Sentinaax, you can find groups for this to be efficient. This will give you some 890+ pieces rather quickly.

3. Find a guild. Start with one that is progressing in HC, they usually accept anyone. The next step is where you have to be a dickhead though - when you've gained some gear you ditch them. Now you got HC experience and some gear, find a new guild that is farming HC and perhaps have taken a step into Mythic (if that is of interest). Keep doing this until you're satisfied with the guild you're in.

4. If you got gold, spend it on some nice BoEs. Got any pieces under 880? Buy a BoE and upgrade it 8/8, costs nothing these days.

It takes about a week to get to 890 now, if you just use the tools handed to you.

*edit* also if you do have healer/tank spec, give it a go. A lot easier to get into pugs as a tank or healer. Most pugs consists of 900+ DPS' now, as everyone who have played the game for more than 3 months are around that item level.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2017-05-19 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    You just need to get lucky. I'd farm heroic emerald nightmare--there's always a speed group up for it and they usually say 880. Also look for the world boss spawn on the broken shore--they award 900+ gear and you can bonus roll. I got a 900 and a 905 one time. Nethershards will take time but the best ones start 885 I think and can roll up although it seems like a small chance. Other than that like said aboveboard just find a casual guild. They pretty much all run at least m+s because they're brain dead easy and I'm sure once you're in a guild they wouldn't mind having you. Also as a dps making and listing your own m+ group in the finder usually doesn't take too long.

It's a messed up system and people can be shit. Wish you he best of luck.
    I thought about getting a guild, I'm willing to progress for my gear but i feel like I'm to low ilvl to do anything and I don't know who'd pick up a late bloomer like myself