Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Looking at all these suggestions you guys pretty much assume 16 hour a day playtime.

Deleted
    How does finding a guild or making your own groups take 16 hours a day?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there is 1 problem with it - most of guilds deterirated into very toxic and very elitests shades of its former self over the years that atm they accomodate either only super casuals wh treat them only as chat tool or uper echelon of mythic raiders who cater only to those who can provide them with mega logs or thsoe who have been there for years and this is only reason they are treated well

the guilds in between died of

best example was in one of last preach interviews when he admited that for years he had no clue bow restricitive application procces was for his guild (because it wasnt him who done all dirty work) while blindly promoting how amazing guilds are
    This is anecdotal evidence based on bad personal experience and nothing else. I've raided in two Mythic guilds in the last two years. Neither of them had a restrictive app process and they were both far from toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I thought about getting a guild, I'm willing to progress for my gear but i feel like I'm to low ilvl to do anything and I don't know who'd pick up a late bloomer like myself
    Plenty of guilds would. We are at the end of a raid tier and a lot of guilds are trying to bolster their rosters for ToS.

Do worldbosses
    each week there will be a lower worldboss dropping 860+ and around once a week(if you get lucky and nether disruptor stays up on wednesdays you get the same boss twice) a higher worldboss dropping 900+, use a bonusroll on each. Given that you finished your class campaign shit,you should have 3 relic slots, ~855 gear from nethershards alone. Add a juicy 900+drop, mb a lucky legendary from wq, and a 2nd crafted legendary(from 30-150k depending on server,or just craft on your own) and you should easily hit 880+ which should get you into a normal nh grp(no it might not be a 1hour-rush-for-leg/ap-blaa), where you should stay for a week or 2, to slowly creep towards 900+ ilvl.
    The rush groups are 905+/910+, there's plenty of groups from 895+ though for hc.

In my feeling it's actually become easier....there's often no more asking for curve nonsense,cause everyone knows with ~905 you can blast through hc anyway
    Last edited by Grmmppff; 2017-05-27 at 03:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Dont like it? dont Whine.

Make your own groups.
    /thread

Find a guild, make a group, or don't complain. Those are your options. The community has always been this way and it won't change. If you don't want to put in the effort, LFR is only a click away - it was designed for casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    I would guess that the majority of players that are still subbed have been since launch. It makes perfect sense that these players would want to group with others that have put in the same effort.

You either make your own group or join a guild. You picked DPS, it was your choice and you have to live with the downsides. If finding a PuG is important to you, consider playing a tank or healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at all these suggestions you guys pretty much assume 16 hour a day playtime.
    If you expect to hit a high lvl asap, yea it's gunna take some grinding. Just focus on weekly chests and world boss, pug whatever normal raids you can and do LFR. You will catch up in a few weeks. Don't expect it to happen overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    How does finding a guild or making your own groups take 16 hours a day?
    He's just making excuses.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

It is good enough - I just don't know why i'd bring 882 ilvl 38 traits over 903 alt with 45 traits. You take the best person who sign's up, not the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Exactly!
    One minute they complain
    "So many of us are being left out!"
    Then the next it's
    "No one wants to group with me!"

If there's so many having this problem, why oh why can't they get together and solve it?
    majority of people are no leaders and its unnatural for them to lead others

thats why they are simply afraid of creating and leading group of people

its not that they are lazy its just because they are natural beta types used to being followers not leaders - and they usualy excell when they follow others but if they have to lead they are consumed by fear.

thats hwy back in mop raids which were organized by the openraid community were so hugely popular - its so sad blizzard didnt follow with that idea further this would promote their normal/hc raids tons more then stupid moves like removal of tier from lfr. all they had to do was to hire couple dozens of people who would be orgniazing pugs under banner of blizzard daily as job. or even not hiring just promote this as "community managment" just give people some extra perks similair to gms or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Addyizor View Post
    It is good enough - I just don't know why i'd bring 882 ilvl 38 traits over 903 alt with 45 traits. You take the best person who sign's up, not the first.
    because dungeon is tuned for 870 ? nah that would be to crazy better to make run easier then lfr while pretending how "pro" group was and how "Scrubs' should gtfo from "hard" content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Plenty of guilds would. We are at the end of a raid tier and a lot of guilds are trying to bolster their rosters for ToS.
    thats myth though - yes they want to bolster their roster but not with retuning people who have like 870 itlv and 45 traits only with 910+ with 52 + traits

most guilds are lazy and not patient enough to gear up recruits - they want seasoned geared raiders .

all that joining guild if you are undergeared would end up in majority of raiders ocmplaining about perfeormance of such person due to how output scales this expansion
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-27 at 06:01 PM.

majority of people are no leaders and its unnatural for them to lead others

thats why they are simply afraid of creating and leading group of people

its not that they are lazy its just because they are natural beta types used to being followers not leaders - and they usualy excell when they follow others but if they have to lead they are consumed by fear.

thats hwy back in mop raids which were organized by the openraid community were so hugely popular - its so sad blizzard didnt follow with that idea further this would promote their normal/hc raids tons more then stupid moves like removal of tier from lfr. all they had to do was to hire couple dozens of people who would be orgniazing pugs under banner of blizzard daily as job. or even not hiring just promote this as "community managment" just give people some extra perks similair to gms or something.
    My favorite college professor used to say "We're all co-learners here."
    You don't have to have all the answers to start a group, just a good attitude toward cooperation and collaborative problem solving.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

you can't expect after two tier in a expansion having thing with low ilvl, i know that suck, but its the way all game with equipment work, when a new expansion go out, everyone is equal, so ilvl asking is very low and with each new raid, it is normal that the min ilvl would raise up, i know its frustraiting for alts and new player, but you can't do anything against that

like some says, search for a middle range guild, when you will have good stuff and if you dont care, gquit and search for a high level guild and after that same thing, but for mythic raid or any mythic guild

because dungeon is tuned for 870 ? nah that would be to crazy better to make run easier then lfr while pretending how "pro" group was and how "Scrubs' should gtfo from "hard" content.
    are you being deliberately thick? Are you telling me if you made a dungeon for a +6 and 2 players applied, one who was 882 and one who was 903 you'd take the 882? of course not. Listen to yourself

The simple awnser to this dilemma is to realize that people want to be sure at a glance if you can proform at a acceptable level for the content.

Sadly with titanforging that tends to mean near max ilv.

are you being deliberately thick? Are you telling me if you made a dungeon for a +6 and 2 players applied, one who was 882 and one who was 903 you'd take the 882? of course not. Listen to yourself
    It stands to reason that even that 882 person would pick the 903 over someone else in the 880 range.

why not if dungeon was tuned for 870 ? either way you gonna blow through it - all you want is to make this dungeon easier then lfr while at the same time pretend how "pro" you are

thats the main difference between our view on game - i dont pretend that i dont like easy modes

why not if dungeon was tuned for 870 ? either way you gonna blow through it - all you want is to make this dungeon easier then lfr while at the same time pretend how "pro" you are

thats the main difference between our view on game - i dont pretend that i dont like easy modes
    Most people (myself included) have done these dungeons literally hundreds of times. Why spend any more time then strictly necessary in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Most people (myself included) have done these dungeons literally hundreds of times. Why spend any more time then strictly necessary in them?
    If you read his replies to me in this thread (since I tried to figure out what is his issue with groups that have literally nothing to do with him) then apparently he doesn't even actually talk about 900+ groups but those groups which have 870 or whatever shit-geared leaders and only invite 900+ people and which most players dislike already in the first place anyway. He is an extremely confusing person to understand so I wouldn't bother trying to make much sense out of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Please explain why would I want to be the "classic internet hero" around here. To impress someone like you? I don't give two shits about you so why would I bother?

I enter and play 1-2 dungeons of key +14 or better and we catch 2-3 chest timers. Thats like 1-2 hours per week. I know its hard for you to grasp since you are probably pushing timers at +7 by now but yeah there are players that are better than you. Be shocked. Be jealous. And no don't try to improve your chances by becoming a better player or a nicer person just come here and spew some toxic shit it will do a lot for you.
    its undeniable fact that people like you are better at game and nobody is discussing that

but its also a fact that saying how 'lol-easy" gearing up is is a complete bs since 99% of playerbase do not have acces to people being able to and willing to boost fresh alts in +14 while 3 chesting it and gearing up in no time

thats the bubble that mythic raiders live in - they have no clue how game look like for average joe while at the same time trying to give them pointless tips that they will never be able to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    and you are better because of it ? or entitled to be toxic to other players just because you have more time to spend in game ?

its exackt reason why blizzard should take some actions if they dont want to loose players because of spreading toxicity.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-28 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons about high ilvl requirement is cross-server raiding. When I pugged in ICC on medium server, I wouldn't put very high requirements, because getting raid would took forever, there are only so many people online. But when I'm getting pug now, I have access to thousands of players across all servers. That's a lot of players to choose from, so I naturally can get away with high requirements. In the past low ilvl players were carried by high ilvl players and that's actually fine, I don't see anything wrong with that. Now they are declined and either have to join pathetic raids wiping on first bosses or try to join into high raid endlessly.

The only viable solution is guild which is a good thing, I guess. WoW must force players to socialize more.

Deleted
    its undeniable fact that people like you are better at game and nobody is discussing that

but its also a fact that saying how 'lol-easy" gearing up is is a complete bs since 99% of playerbase do not have acces to people being able to and willing to boost fresh alts in +14 while 3 chesting it and gearing up in no time

thats the bubble that mythic raiders live in - they have no clue how game look like for average joe while at the same time trying to give them pointless tips that they will never be able to use.

- - - Updated - - -

and you are better because of it ? or entitled to be toxic to other players just because you have more time to no-life ?

its exackt reason why blizzard should take some actions if they dont want to loose players because of spreading toxicity.
    Except you don't need to get boosted to gear an alt to a decent (900? 905?) ilvl. Like, at all. Farm Nethershards / wq till you get 870-880 ilvl. Push like a +10 key in the week. You can totally push your own key to this level if you're not shit at the game and know how to pick the guys you group with. Farm some 5-6 keys. Gratz you're 885 next reset.

If your main is decent, you at least have N Guldan achiev, prob AotC by now, so getting in a N NH clear with this kind of ilvl is easy if you have some patience. Clear it in NM, maybe you got some ilvl boost. Clear it in HM. You're prob around 890-895 by now. You can now hold your own in 11-12 keys. Use your key to meet people, push your friends keys, you'll end up meeting people of similar gear / skill to farm with.

Make 6-9 boostgroups, which present no difficulty whatsoever to +3 even with 4 890 ilvl players and 1 afk. Or apply to +10-11 groups, especially weekly push groups. You'll get in easily, and if you're good the run has a good chance of going smoothly.

You now can grind your way to 905-910 by clearing your weekly H NH and farming M+.

It's not hard. It may be long, but definitely not hard.

You can't get 895 in a few days by nethershards or by any means unless you got boosted.. Also I did mention that I tried making a group but no healer or tank joins, so what can I do.
    I got 880 in 24 hours from i dinged 110. No raids, just mythics and then m+ on a feral druid (so no tank/healer cheating). Not 24 hours played, pure 24 hours.

It's doable with luck. In just a week or two you'll be there without luck. But it's much faster if you're being clever when you create your groups.

Contrary to popular belief there are players out there who love helping other people in the process of doing their weekly farm.

ok yeah glad to see your sense of logic is literally zero.