Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    No-one is forcing you to buy anything. Feel free to skip any of the above at the cost of time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so basickly for each toon " buy 2 wow tokens in order to secure enough gold to push itlv "

nice advice from blizzard buisness standpoint
    At least on my realm, you will be fine with one token. Or you can just farm another 10k Nethershards, whatever floats your boat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    At least on my realm, you will be fine with one token. Or you can just farm another 10k Nethershards, whatever floats your boat.

In general you don't need to pay anything. it's simply time vs money. Like it or not but it has always taken some time in wow to gear new character, just now it's a bit more painful because of legendaries...

Deleted
    Well during HFC you could get quite decent gear by just farming Trashran for an afternoon, but yeah in general you are right. Getting ok gear is easy, getting perfect gear is impossible (or at least very unlikely).

Play a useful spec as opposed to pure dps. Of course people aren't dying to join a single dps setting up a Mythic + run, why would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Because guilds totally invite 800 ilvl noobs they don't even know who are on raids and m+.
    Yeah they do if the guild is ilvl 800 itself. Of course you don't search for a far more advanced guild but for one on your own level. If you are 882 never seen Nighthold then go find a similar guild and don't expect to be carried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah they do if the guild is ilvl 800 itself. Of course you don't search for a far more advanced guild but for one on your own level. If you are 882 never seen Nighthold then go find a similar guild and don't expect to be carried.
    People with lower lvl in general can be called noskill or something and generally thats the case. Two possibilities that they are not are alt's or people coming back to play. alt's got help from mains etc and sadly people coming back are in worst position, just how it is.

Deleted
    The problem is entirely of Blizzards making, with the WF/TF system and constant AP grind making it worth it for 900+ players to still farm and even feel obligated to farm normal raids and low mythic keys. If these factors were changed so there was no reason for 900+ players to go to Normal or even Heroic NH you'd probably find groups for it at 880 easy, because the only people wanting to go would be the people who actually needed the gear for it around your own ilvl. This would be far more similar to the model of every xpac previously where you worked your ways up through the lower difficulties or previous raids with players around your level.

My advice to you since Blizzard isn't going to change the system is simply to find an accepting guild and tell your guild leader you are a dedicated player who sims your DPS, used to play hardcore 'back in the day', always has flasks/foods/pots/enchants/gems etc. and reads tactics & class guides. Ask him to give you a chance by carrying you though raids and you'll soon end up a valuable player to them. I was in a similar situation coming back to the game late and was lucky to join a guild which had a leader willing to carry a few trials with much lower ilvl than the rest to see if there was potential.

On the other hand, there is the 'douche' method which I don't like recommending as its cancer for other players but I have seen it working a few times and it's cheeky as anything. You're an 880 dps and set your spec to tank, put your group title as something like "NH SPEEDRUN AP/LEGGO FARM 900+ link curve" and the group will fill up fast because people are grateful for anything with a tank these days and probably wont bother to check you. Once you have 4 healers 14DPS people are summoned and ready to start and the second tank joins you set your spec back to DPS and put yourself in the group finder again to find another tank. As the groups practically full and people made the effort to get there they probably wont leave and just accept they're carrying you, obviously never pass leader to anyone else so you don't get kicked.
    Last edited by mmoc59768e2ec8; 2017-06-02 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgarath View Post
    The problem is entirely of Blizzards making, with the WF/TF system and constant AP grind making it worth it for 900+ players to still farm and even feel obligated to farm normal raids and low mythic keys.
    The AP requirement doesn't apply since the last patch imho -- sure there are always going to be the guys who need to have the maximum possible level of concordance farmed up. I for one am satisfied with the base level of concordance and even with my play style I have that -- I do WQ for emissary and wq on broken shore (and I do those just for the supply caches to have a chance for legendary).

What is the problem is legendaries -- I don't think I should feel obliged to run EN LFR at my current. Yet because I am far from having all legendaries for my main spec, and among the missing are those considered the best for the spec, I do feel like I have to go there.