Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    Scarab Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Kil'Jaeden's Nightmare
    Posts
    4,663
    Why does anyone here feel they have a right to tell others how to make their groups? What business is it of ours what requirements others want to set? The Group Finder is a neutral tool, there to be used however we choose. We all have equal access to it. We are all free to use it and set whatever requirements we choose, invite whoever we choose, and apply (or ignore) whichever groups we choose.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Why does anyone here feel they have a right to tell others how to make their groups? What business is it of ours what requirements others want to set? The Group Finder is a neutral tool, there to be used however we choose. We all have equal access to it. We are all free to use it and set whatever requirements we choose, invite whoever we choose, and apply (or ignore) whichever groups we choose.
    I bet this guy sets a 920 ilvl requirement for +2's

  3. #243
    Scarab Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Kil'Jaeden's Nightmare
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    I bet this guy sets a 920 ilvl requirement for +2's
    Why would you think that? Because I believe in personal freedom and the rights of everyone to make their own choices?

    Personally, I...
    • Help guild mates out with any keys they have. I mostly tank, but DPS if they want to tank.
    • Rarely run anything below an 8 (to push 1st key of week), unless I'm asked to as a favor.
    • Set the queue at 850 auto-accept on those rare occasions when I run a quick regular M
      (I've also been known to start clearing the instance on my own while waiting for them to show up).
    But here's the thing: When I start a group, I get to set the requirements however I see fit. You can apply if you like or ignore me if you like. It's a free market system. Starting a group is like starting your own business; others can patronize you or not, apply to work for you or not, start their own competing businesses or not.

    What's that? You say you don't like free markets and prefer more of a socialized system? Nothing wrong with that, imho. In practice in the real world, most economies have some socialized aspects, some sort of safety net to maintain basic standards for the have-nots. And there are aspects like that in WoW:
    • World content that allows you to enjoy some aspects of the game if you choose to avoid instanced content altogether.
    • LFR & LFD for those who can't do anything more challenging, or choose to avoid challenging content.
    • Thousands of guilds you can join for help with more challenging content.
    • Friends & Real ID Friends so you can build a contact list of people to team up with outside of guilds.

    What I am seeing in this thread are people who say they choose not to use any of the safety net systems already in place; instead they want complete strangers to take responsibility for helping them while allowing them to remain anonymous and solitary. More than that, they seem to feel that others should be required to plan their activities around helping them rather than doing whatever suits their own fancy.

    Get a grip and take some personal responsibility for your own situation.
    Show some initiative.
    Less whining; more doing.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-06-01 at 11:15 AM.

  4. #244
    I went through it op. When my guild decided to quit mid- EN Mythic, i decided to just break, I came back after 7.2 was out a few weeks and was 882 ilvl when i returned, not realizing how high the ilvl was that was being requested, i posted on a forum and got in a casual guild, mainly because i don't want to commit to mythic raiding anymore, anyhow, once i got in the guild, they run heroic NH weekly, do some M+ and all that, im now close to 910, it took a good couple weeks building everything back up, but at this point, your best bet is to find a casual guild to get in, people are requiring 900 in just about every key, and like many have stated, many are looking for a carry. I got into some +7 last week and i saw the group leader with 1.4 mil health, i instantly left, what is that like 830-840 ilvl? No thanks lol. Anyhow, good luck!

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    I went through it op. When my guild decided to quit mid- EN Mythic, i decided to just break, I came back after 7.2 was out a few weeks and was 882 ilvl when i returned, not realizing how high the ilvl was that was being requested, i posted on a forum and got in a casual guild, mainly because i don't want to commit to mythic raiding anymore, anyhow, once i got in the guild, they run heroic NH weekly, do some M+ and all that, im now close to 910, it took a good couple weeks building everything back up, but at this point, your best bet is to find a casual guild to get in, people are requiring 900 in just about every key, and like many have stated, many are looking for a carry. I got into some +7 last week and i saw the group leader with 1.4 mil health, i instantly left, what is that like 830-840 ilvl? No thanks lol. Anyhow, good luck!
    1.4M health in a +7? Yikes.

    I like your post because you came back, wanted some gear, and did some work to get it. You didn't join a bunch of stacked M+ so they could funnel gear to you.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Why would you think that? Because I believe in personal freedom and the rights of everyone to make their own choices?

    Personally, I...
    • Help guild mates out with any keys they have. I mostly tank, but DPS if they want to tank.
    • Rarely run anything below an 8 (to push 1st key of week), unless I'm asked to as a favor.
    • Set the queue at 850 auto-accept on those rare occasions when I run a quick regular M
      (I've also been known to start clearing the instance on my own while waiting for them to show up).
    But here's the thing: When I start a group, I get to set the requirements however I see fit. You can apply if you like or ignore me if you like. It's a free market system. Starting a group is like starting your own business; others can patronize you or not, apply to work for you or not, start their own competing businesses or not.

    What's that? You say you don't like free markets and prefer more of a socialized system? Nothing wrong with that, imho. In practice in the real world, most economies have some socialized aspects, some sort of safety net to maintain basic standards for the have-nots. And there are aspects like that in WoW:
    • World content that allows you to enjoy some aspects of the game if you choose to avoid instanced content altogether.
    • LFR & LFD for those who can't do anything more challenging, or choose to avoid challenging content.
    • Thousands of guilds you can join for help with more challenging content.
    • Friends & Real ID Friends so you can build a contact list of people to team up with outside of guilds.

    What I am seeing in this thread are people who say they choose not to use any of the safety net systems already in place; instead they want complete strangers to take responsibility for helping them while allowing them to remain anonymous and solitary. More than that, they seem to feel that others should be required to plan their activities around helping them rather than doing whatever suits their own fancy.

    Get a grip and take some personal responsibility for your own situation.
    Show some initiative.
    Less whining; more doing.
    ^
    couldn't have said it better.

  7. #247
    So far

    1) People don't want to ask for help coz it means "begging for getting carried"
    2) People don't want to form their groups
    3) People don't want to join a guild


    No, neither one of you complaining is so much special that people will come and ask you if you would please let them boost your key and get you gear. Nor will there be a special vendor placed in a game for you to buy 920 ilvl equip. You actually have to play the game a bit.

  8. #248
    This is literally how I created a fresh toon and had it 3/10M in the same week I hit 110 with 1 trait after the new golden trait

    Once you hit 110:

    -buy your toon an AK tome
    -buy a 900+ belt and cape
    -buy a crafted leggo
    -farm chests and bosses on broken shore will likely give you a few dauntless pieces
    -do invasions and spend shards on relenquished for 880 in your weakest slots
    -do all world quests
    -kill the world boss for 860 loot
    -kill the broken shore world boss for 900 loot, bonus roll it
    -do the artifact quests to unlock new traits
    -do NH LFR and hope for some tier: you should be about 870 now
    -do some mythic dungeons and get a key
    -get your key carried a few times up to +10
    -do NH Norm (best to form your own group with 900s for an AP farm, load it with toons of the same class)
    -hopefully a leggo has dropped by now: you should be about 880 - 890
    -do H NH (you might need a carry, pay for one or ask friends to carry you or form your own group)

    After all this you should be around 900 so now you are ready for first 3 mythic bosses
    -join a mythic pug and get your achieves and hopefully some loot
    -farm dungeons, raids and quests for AP and leggos

    gg

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Absoul View Post
    This is literally how I created a fresh toon and had it 3/10M in the same week I hit 110 with 1 trait after the new golden trait

    Once you hit 110:

    -buy your toon an AK tome
    -buy a 900+ belt and cape
    -buy a crafted leggo

    -farm chests and bosses on broken shore will likely give you a few dauntless pieces
    -do invasions and spend shards on relenquished for 880 in your weakest slots
    -do all world quests
    -kill the world boss for 860 loot
    -kill the broken shore world boss for 900 loot, bonus roll it
    -do the artifact quests to unlock new traits
    -do NH LFR and hope for some tier: you should be about 870 now
    -do some mythic dungeons and get a key
    -get your key carried a few times up to +10
    -do NH Norm (best to form your own group with 900s for an AP farm, load it with toons of the same class)
    -hopefully a leggo has dropped by now: you should be about 880 - 890
    -do H NH (you might need a carry, pay for one or ask friends to carry you or form your own group)

    After all this you should be around 900 so now you are ready for first 3 mythic bosses
    -join a mythic pug and get your achieves and hopefully some loot
    -farm dungeons, raids and quests for AP and leggos

    gg
    so basickly for each toon " buy 2 wow tokens in order to secure enough gold to push itlv "

    nice advice from blizzard buisness standpoint

  10. #250
    No-one is forcing you to buy anything. Feel free to skip any of the above at the cost of time

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so basickly for each toon " buy 2 wow tokens in order to secure enough gold to push itlv "

    nice advice from blizzard buisness standpoint
    At least on my realm, you will be fine with one token. Or you can just farm another 10k Nethershards, whatever floats your boat.
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    At least on my realm, you will be fine with one token. Or you can just farm another 10k Nethershards, whatever floats your boat.

    In general you don't need to pay anything. it's simply time vs money. Like it or not but it has always taken some time in wow to gear new character, just now it's a bit more painful because of legendaries...

  13. #253
    Well during HFC you could get quite decent gear by just farming Trashran for an afternoon, but yeah in general you are right. Getting ok gear is easy, getting perfect gear is impossible (or at least very unlikely).
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  14. #254
    Play a useful spec as opposed to pure dps. Of course people aren't dying to join a single dps setting up a Mythic + run, why would they be?

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Because guilds totally invite 800 ilvl noobs they don't even know who are on raids and m+.
    Yeah they do if the guild is ilvl 800 itself. Of course you don't search for a far more advanced guild but for one on your own level. If you are 882 never seen Nighthold then go find a similar guild and don't expect to be carried.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah they do if the guild is ilvl 800 itself. Of course you don't search for a far more advanced guild but for one on your own level. If you are 882 never seen Nighthold then go find a similar guild and don't expect to be carried.
    People with lower lvl in general can be called noskill or something and generally thats the case. Two possibilities that they are not are alt's or people coming back to play. alt's got help from mains etc and sadly people coming back are in worst position, just how it is.

  17. #257
    The problem is entirely of Blizzards making, with the WF/TF system and constant AP grind making it worth it for 900+ players to still farm and even feel obligated to farm normal raids and low mythic keys. If these factors were changed so there was no reason for 900+ players to go to Normal or even Heroic NH you'd probably find groups for it at 880 easy, because the only people wanting to go would be the people who actually needed the gear for it around your own ilvl. This would be far more similar to the model of every xpac previously where you worked your ways up through the lower difficulties or previous raids with players around your level.

    My advice to you since Blizzard isn't going to change the system is simply to find an accepting guild and tell your guild leader you are a dedicated player who sims your DPS, used to play hardcore 'back in the day', always has flasks/foods/pots/enchants/gems etc. and reads tactics & class guides. Ask him to give you a chance by carrying you though raids and you'll soon end up a valuable player to them. I was in a similar situation coming back to the game late and was lucky to join a guild which had a leader willing to carry a few trials with much lower ilvl than the rest to see if there was potential.

    On the other hand, there is the 'douche' method which I don't like recommending as its cancer for other players but I have seen it working a few times and it's cheeky as anything. You're an 880 dps and set your spec to tank, put your group title as something like "NH SPEEDRUN AP/LEGGO FARM 900+ link curve" and the group will fill up fast because people are grateful for anything with a tank these days and probably wont bother to check you. Once you have 4 healers 14DPS people are summoned and ready to start and the second tank joins you set your spec back to DPS and put yourself in the group finder again to find another tank. As the groups practically full and people made the effort to get there they probably wont leave and just accept they're carrying you, obviously never pass leader to anyone else so you don't get kicked.
    Last edited by Korgarath; 2017-06-02 at 12:07 PM.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgarath View Post
    The problem is entirely of Blizzards making, with the WF/TF system and constant AP grind making it worth it for 900+ players to still farm and even feel obligated to farm normal raids and low mythic keys.
    The AP requirement doesn't apply since the last patch imho -- sure there are always going to be the guys who need to have the maximum possible level of concordance farmed up. I for one am satisfied with the base level of concordance and even with my play style I have that -- I do WQ for emissary and wq on broken shore (and I do those just for the supply caches to have a chance for legendary).


    What is the problem is legendaries -- I don't think I should feel obliged to run EN LFR at my current. Yet because I am far from having all legendaries for my main spec, and among the missing are those considered the best for the spec, I do feel like I have to go there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •