Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Because your tax reform, budgets and debt ceiling battles have very significant bearing on the rest of the world. So I'll talk about what I damned well please as long as it concerns me.
    Hahahahhaa. How has the rest of the world significantly changed between the Bush tax cut era of about 10 years ago, and the Obama/Congress tax cut plan of a few years back that we're living in today? Despite the fact that taxes went up.

Really. Let me know if you wanna do my taxes next year.

Why stop at that weird 20 year mark? There's only been two Republican midterms in the last 20 years: 2002 and 2006.

2002 was an outlier due to the September 11 attacks the year before.

Republicans lost seats in midterms in 1990, 1986, 1982, and 1974 when they had the presidency.
    Mainly because 1994 was the first time the Republicans took control of the House of Representatives since 1952. Control they only lost for a period of 4 years in 2006-2010.

Hahahahhaa. How has the rest of the world significantly changed between the Bush tax cut era of about 10 years ago, and the Obama/Congress tax cut plan of a few years back that we're living in today? Despite the fact that taxes went up.
    Paul Ryan isn't interested in doing a Bush tax cut. Trump is but don't let him know he's following the footsteps of a Republican president he spent months eviscerating on the campaign trail.

Instead Paul Ryan's tax reform plan is going to be one of the most significant changes since 1986...and that will have significant implications for the world economy. The Border Adjustment Tax he wants to do is significant enough on it's own.

That's why there will be a budget on time and debt ceiling increase: Paul Ryan has vowed he'll do tax reform this year...for that he needs a budget passed so he can reconciliation.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-05-20 at 08:49 PM.
    "No president could weather losing an FBI director" - James Comey, former FBI director.

Donald Trump's Political Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Mainly because 1994 was the first time the Republicans took control of the House of Representatives since 1952. Control they only lost for a period of 4 years in 2006-2010.
    Utterly irrelevant. They still lost seats even when they weren't in control.
    Macaquerie's point, which seems completely lost on you, is that the party of the President loses an average of 30 seats during the midterms. And trends point to this one being an even larger loss than usual.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Utterly irrelevant. They still lost seats even when they weren't in control.
    Macaquerie's point, which seems completely lost on you, is that the party of the President loses an average of 30 seats during the midterms. And trends point to this one being an even larger loss than usual.
    It is still a long time until the midterm elections. We are going to have to wait to see how the next year works out.
    If it seems like I am acting stupid, there's probably a good reason for that.