Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    39,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Positions View Post
    You could be me here in PA. Its been 90 for 3 straight days with like 85% humidity. The worst part is that i work outside for 10 hours a day and i have to wear long sleeve shirts and jeans that a fire retardant.
    How are you not dead? I am a winter person and would be dead there.

  2. #102
    haha vegas is like 80 right now, course that will change very soon and i will be wishing for mid 90s

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Positions View Post
    You could be me here in PA. Its been 90 for 3 straight days with like 85% humidity. The worst part is that i work outside for 10 hours a day and i have to wear long sleeve shirts and jeans that a fire retardant.
    if you work outside that long you have to be covered anyways, skin cancer is a real thing.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Wrong? How am I wrong? Please do explain. You are not making any sense.
    I said weather can be objectively inconvenient.

    You said that's a slippery slope.

    It's not a slippery slope. It's literally how the word works.

    Figure it the fuck out.

  4. #104
    Blademaster Positions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Middle of no where pa
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How are you not dead? I am a winter person and would be dead there.
    Im a winter person also lol. Its just something i have to deal with, (it really blows)
    <Royal Militia> 13/13M Recruiting for Legion.
    My DK I tank stuff and things.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Still need to install mine, but its been close to 95+ (40+ C I think) in NY for the last few days (at least where I am)

    How do you keep cool in such hot weather without AC? I am dying.
    By being awesome!
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

  6. #106
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    39,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    By being awesome!


    Everything is awesome muh dood

  7. #107
    The Lightbringer callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,549
    I have two of these : Lasko 2551 42" Wind Curve Platinum Cooling Fan

    One sits in the living room and one sits in my home office. Those two oscillating in their respective rooms have a tremendous effect on keeping my entire home cool. Eventually I will end up using my AC but those fans definitely cut down on the number of days during the summer that I use AC.

  8. #108
    Live in a country where summer means it's raining, cold and the heating gets switched on...

  9. #109
    Put my hair up, open windows down stairs, and windows up stairs in my room (hot air rises, and creates a breeze) Ice water and a towel or bandana to mop sweat from my brow.

  10. #110
    The Lightbringer 3DTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Aether
    Posts
    3,253
    It doesn't get very hot in the UK, so we don't really need an AC.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    personal opinions are not facts
    3DS FC: 4012-6271-0809 IGN: Kieran

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I said weather can be objectively inconvenient.

    You said that's a slippery slope.

    It's not a slippery slope. It's literally how the word works.

    Figure it the fuck out.
    It is a slippery slope. If weather is objectively inconvenient, then everything is objectively inconvenient. Calling weather inconvenient is like saying gravity is inconvenient.

    The word objectively is key here - not inconvenience. Subjectively it is correct, weather can be an inconvenience, but that's not what you were arguing.

    So yeah, figure it out if/when you calm down. You might also figure out that dictionary and the word inconvenience have nothing to do with this argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  12. #112
    Step 1: Buy an AC
    Step 2: Install said AC
    Step 3: Turn on said AC
    Step 4: Be cool

    Or alternatively you could just dress up like the Fonz and we perpetually cool.

    Otherwise, there's a lot of great tips in the thread already.
    "He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."
    - Lt. James Gordon

  13. #113
    Where I live, humidity is high, it's hot as fuck, so the people adapted + we have winds. They are very refreshing.

    -The building gets hot during the day, and that still seeps in at night (thic brick walls). People would then go outside, gather in the sidewalks to talk, and go in for dinner, which was enough time to have a cooler house.
    -Windows and shades. Make the wind flow through the building to get that heated air out.
    -Shower like some madman. Take of your shirt. Use baggy clothing.
    -At night, don't cover yourself, and keep some sort of air circulation in the room. Maybe use a fan.

    But, if you don't have wind, I don't know what to do.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It is a slippery slope. If weather is objectively inconvenient, then everything is objectively inconvenient. Calling weather inconvenient is like saying gravity is inconvenient.

    The word objectively is key here - not inconvenience. Subjectively it is correct, weather can be an inconvenience, but that's not what you were arguing.

    So yeah, figure it out if/when you calm down. You might also figure out that dictionary and the word inconvenience have nothing to do with this argument.
    No, it is objectively correct to say that weather can objectively be an inconvenience. The problem here is you still don't understand the words you're using and rather than just admit that, you're coming up with some stupid convoluted argument that's completely out of line with normal English. Stop. You're wrong. Give it up.

    And gravity is not an inconvenience because gravity is more or less immutable for us ground bound mortals, which means it's the default against which other situations are compared. If gravity fluctuated noticeably, it too might correctly be considered an inconvenience if it suddenly intensified when you wanted to try to jump across a canyon or something.

  15. #115
    Titan Kujako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the woods, doing what bears do.
    Posts
    13,924
    Put undies in the freezer?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  16. #116
    I have central air/heat now so I don't have to worry about this but generally when I wasn't so lucky I would just put fans in all the windows and pray to god. Also keeping lights/any heat source off when not in use helps a ton. Not much else you can do really.

  17. #117
    Here in NJ, it's 93F the past 2 days with 89% humidity, and I hate living right now. I feel for you, OP.

    My building's AC is being serviced and isn't working, so it's literally 89F in my apartment. Our landlord is bringing us a a couple of temp. floor units sometime tonight, but I don't know how I'll make it, even the water from the tap is warm, so there's not even cold showers to help, at least I have ice water from the fridge to drink!

  18. #118
    Herald of the Titans Iamanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol. Awesome. While this may help cool the air around you for a while, it does not do one thing which AC does, which is lower the humidity. I can stand cold more than I can heat. It gets above 80 degrees F. and it is too hot for me. We have central AC and also a basement , which it is naturally cooler down there and we have a futon down there also should we get desperate.
    I'm the same way, I prefer cold over heat! Anything above 80F is usually uncomfortable for me, sadly don't have central AC but I have 2 big through the wall units which I upgraded recently. Two nice new 25k BTU Frigidaire units keeps my place nice and cool.
    Intel I7-5930K @ 4.5GHz | H100i GTX | Asus X99-A | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz
    Intel 750 PCIe 400GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 2TB MX300 | 2TB WD Black | 4TB WD Reds x6 Server
    GB GTX 1080Ti AORUS | EVGA 850W | NXZT H440 NEW | Dell U3415W | Samsung CFG70 24" | Steelseries Rival 300 | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Schiit Asgard 2 | Schiit Modi 2 Uber | Presonus E5 x2 | Beyerdynamic DT990's 600 Ohm

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No, it is objectively correct to say that weather can objectively be an inconvenience. The problem here is you still don't understand the words you're using and rather than just admit that, you're coming up with some stupid convoluted argument that's completely out of line with normal English. Stop. You're wrong. Give it up.
    No, I'm not wrong. And you still haven't given a single argument against me - you are just ranting about dictionaries and me being wrong.

    Trying to fling this on my non-understanding of English is absolutely ridiculous. The words objectively and subjectively are identical in Finnish compared to their English counterparts.

    If you can't keep your cool and act civil, back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Still need to install mine, but its been close to 95+ (40+ C I think) in NY for the last few days (at least where I am)

    How do you keep cool in such hot weather without AC? I am dying.
    I usually stay cool by not going in the political threads on mmo-champ.

    Wait, what was the question again?

    Oh, right. Well, the easiest way (and if you don't mind getting a little bit wet) is to roll a (more or less) thin towel around an icepack (or whatever you put in your freezer) and put them on areas where you tend to get hot. Knees, armpits and back are good areas where heat tend to clutter. Just make sure it's not direct skin contact, you don't want to get a cold burn.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

    Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •