Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Man, some nerds will argue about anything.

    Anyway, you get used to the heat if you don't have AC.

    Last time I went home in the summer and it was 45 in Athens. That's about 113 F.

    It was miserable for the most part. I was always happier getting to AC. But over time I would have gotten used to it again.
    The Ten Commandments of Internet Angstheism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

  2. #122
    Have you tried grumbling? Here in the UK we regulate our temperature by constantly complaining about the weather being too hot/cold/wet/dry (apart from the Vernal and Autumnal equinoxes when the weather is perfect.)

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, I'm not wrong. And you still haven't given a single argument against me - you are just ranting about dictionaries and me being wrong.

    Trying to fling this on my non-understanding of English is absolutely ridiculous. The words objectively and subjectively are identical in Finnish compared to their English counterparts.

    If you can't keep your cool and act civil, back off.
    Yeah, see, you're dismissing what I post as "a rant" (another word you don't understand, I guess). I already told you why your assumption was wrong, but rather than actually alter your argument or respond, you simply repeated yourself, as you did just a post ago again. Your analogies are shit. Your inferences are shit. Everything you've said is a complete load of shit.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, see, you're dismissing what I post as "a rant" (another word you don't understand, I guess). I already told you why your assumption was wrong, but rather than actually alter your argument or respond, you simply repeated yourself, as you did just a post ago again. Your analogies are shit. Your inferences are shit. Everything you've said is a complete load of shit.
    I don't think Genn is the only one in a need of AC to keep cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  5. #125
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,303
    Shirtless and swimming trunks from May to September.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: EVGA GTX970 FTW+
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

  6. #126
    I absolutely cannot deal with the heat. No way.. We just had central AC installed (thank god). If I had to go through the summer without AC I imagine I would casually shop really, really slowly at a grocery store every day to keep cool. lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Psynyx View Post
    Thanks for answering my question in a condescending prick way. Have a great day.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I don't think Genn is the only one in a need of AC to keep cool.
    Right, so you have no argument, but are also completely unwilling to admit fault.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Right, so you have no argument, but are also completely unwilling to admit fault.
    No, I stopped the discussion, because there is no reason to continue after you lost your self control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  9. #129
    What are these two muppets arguing about?
    The Ten Commandments of Internet Angstheism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, I stopped the discussion, because there is no reason to continue after you lost your self control.
    That's just an assumption you're making. You also never really started the discussion, as simply repeating your same incorrect position ad nauseum isn't a discussion.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    What are these two muppets arguing about?
    Something meaningless that spun off a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You don't...

    People always act confused when I say I love cold weather... this is why... You can always put on more layers to stay warm, but you can only take off so many to cool down, especially in public, in public if you keep taking layers off eventually you're a felon.
    Exactly what I tell my coworkers. That's why I love the winter months and hate the summer months. While going for a swim or something is great - you can't go every day.

    Oh ... and yes, being in an urban area makes everything even worse. Jesus Christ.
    New to tanking? Check out my "How to Tank" Series!

  13. #133
    Immortal draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,901
    Them desert states, yep, been low 70s here for the past week, but the real heat is coming

    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    What are these two muppets arguing about?
    Puupi wanted to be argumentative but didn't have the endurance for it.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Puupi wanted to be argumentative but didn't have the endurance for it.
    The thing is, I've been here long enough to know that when someone resorts to personal insults and flaming, the only thing is to report and move on. That's what moderators say should be done. So I'm not playing with that fire. It's not about endurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Oh yah, Puupi is an insufferable assclown. Don't shitpost and act shocked when you get called on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This pretty much sums it up:
    All that snow is gonna get you swoll from all the snowplowing you have to do.
    Everything has its up and downsides.

  16. #136
    Lukewarm showers sticking your head in the freezer!

  17. #137
    There is a big difference between dry heat and humid heat. Where I live the temperature can get to 90+ F during the day in Summer, then around 5 pm the wind will reverse direction and bring the marine layer with it. The temperature at night can drop into the low 50s.

    On the other hand, I have done work in Illinois and Tennessee, and there was not much difference in temperature between daytime and nighttime.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No, it is objectively correct to say that weather can objectively be an inconvenience. The problem here is you still don't understand the words you're using and rather than just admit that, you're coming up with some stupid convoluted argument that's completely out of line with normal English. Stop. You're wrong. Give it up.

    And gravity is not an inconvenience because gravity is more or less immutable for us ground bound mortals, which means it's the default against which other situations are compared. If gravity fluctuated noticeably, it too might correctly be considered an inconvenience if it suddenly intensified when you wanted to try to jump across a canyon or something.
    Wait what? Gratvity is a inconvinience for anyone wanting to leave the planet, or want to jump 25 meters at a time xD

    Just like putting on warm clothes and salting the roads to battle the weather, we have "beaten" gravity with space rocket and air planes xD
    Last edited by Thurin; 2017-05-19 at 11:41 PM.

  19. #139
    Herald of the Titans Shinra1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That reminds me of an awesome joke, which is quite racist so can't tell it here. :S
    EXPOSED yourself!
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I AM A MACHINE, and I can know much more.
    ---
    I'm anti abortion, euthanasia, guns, drugs/alcohol, breast-feeding, paternity leave.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, see, you're dismissing what I post as "a rant" (another word you don't understand, I guess). I already told you why your assumption was wrong, but rather than actually alter your argument or respond, you simply repeated yourself, as you did just a post ago again. Your analogies are shit. Your inferences are shit. Everything you've said is a complete load of shit.
    Is this still a thread about air conditioning? This is what I get for jumping to last page.

    @ot
    a/c is life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •