Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the Chrysler is pretty OP.... but I've mostly been playing my T29 recently so it's not like I notice it as any more of a threat than another t8. They all die eventually. If it gets to annoying i'll just go play my T92 and laugh at their tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [video=youtube;hmvwiTs7Dvg]
    *it all started by a youtuber who got banned for speaking his mind abauth something (yeah russans dont like free speach in that case. no offense)
    This is gona be good . Never liked that company.

(dont put this under video game -- since this is a company dirty practice)
    Not that i disagree about the russians, but American companies do the same...
    Just check Trion Worlds; they are quite infamous for banning any criticizing users/players on their forums.

10+ Year Old Account

Havent seen any1 posting abaut it yet. So i gathered a few things:
    *it all started by a youtuber who got banned for speaking his mind abauth something (yeah russans dont like free speach in that case. no offense)
    *his response: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTank...p_some_things/
    http://i.imgur.com/8EE18s0.png
    http://i.imgur.com/2MQzGuv.png
    *modelator response
    http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...#entry14297446

*some old employies started leaking stuff
    http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/27/h...n-war-thunder/

Frankly, the guy wasn't banned, he got his "community guy" badge removed, for making a shitty (read: misinform people who follow him) guide on a tank. A company shouldn't support community contributors who spread bile toxicity and misinformation.
    Machine guns ports are not always a weakspot, iirc, M29 had its weakspot-machinegun port removed as well.
    Chrusler has about 1900 DPM and he complains about the gun being bad. Lol. Sure it lacks penetration but it's the fucking same as T32, which existed in the game for years and no one complains about it being shit.
    Yes, it's a premium tank and you don't get a premium matchmaking, so when you get in level 10 games you will have to load a lot of premium ammo (for those who don't know - you can buy it with ingame currency) (and for those who don't know - it's the fucking same as playing on british Comet, so having to load fuckton of premium ammo just to be able to pen shit is not something new).

The guy in question just ranted about literally nothing, wagaming didn't like that because it creates toxicity.
    Never liked this sir fosh guy, and never will apparently, good riddance, i'll stick to amway, QB and jingles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    So...some whiny twat, who doesn't understand how a freemium game works, makes a video, about a guy who talks smack about said companies new moneymaker and gets his wrist slapped for it, then you, continuing the idiocy, make a post, about the guy who made the retard video about the guy who talked the smack and expect anyone to give a shit? Makes sense....
    No, no no, he doesn't just complain about game being freemium, he outright lies about this tank. If you can't pen with 200 - you load premium ammo (APCR T29E3), that's the nature of the game, if you need extra pen - you have to pay for it more (ingame currency i must add, it's still better deal than playing T32, because they use fucking same gun and ammo while Chrysler being premium vehicle gives you more silvers out of games).

This vehicle is a sidescraping god, giving it a great gun with great pen would actually force people into playing it. Angling it in 45° gives you auto-ricochet in most cases on your sides and effectively 240mm of EA on your lower plate and upper plate, The only weakspot i found was a little above front drive wheel when you fire from below (imagine being E25) but it's still whooping 160mm. Well, that's talking about head-on encounter, when yo uflank it it's just a big hitbox of auto-pen for anyone above level 7
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-05-20 at 04:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I thought it was another Jtbrig post about Jim Sterling's videos once again, and expecting it to be closed.

My thoughts are this, removing the "badge" or whatever status from this SirFoch Youtuber is absolutely within the rights of Wargaming, but using copyright strikes to take down his Youtube videos is a very scummy move.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I thought it was another Jtbrig post about Jim Sterling's videos once again, and expecting it to be closed.

My thoughts are this, removing the "badge" or whatever status from this SirFoch Youtuber is absolutely within the rights of Wargaming, but using copyright strikes to take down his Youtube videos is a very scummy move.
    True. Copyright doesnt apply to critic videos, no matter how bad they are.

(i loled since its so true)

More accurate news:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Looks like a pretty typical kid going nuts, then cursing at the company, and going berzerk because his posts got removed.

Yes you got free speech,. meaning speak and say what you want.

But, the company - and well,. pretty much any forum in the world - is then free to do whatever they like with your post and your account.
    It even says so in most of the terms of service agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

Indeed, and sadly youtube does not properly protect content makers in this regard at all :/

Well, turns out, that Wargaming is a bit of a mess. So, essentially nobody ever argued, that WG is in their right, to demand putting said video down and/or removing SirFoch's Community Contributor status. However, the thread of a copyright strike was just ridiculous, because there is no copyright infringed. So one senior member of the EU CM staff apologized for doing said, and promised, that it will never happen again. And then one guy of the Wargaming US came around, essentially telling, that a copyright strike or threatening one is justified, despite the fact, again, no copyright was infringed.
    This confirms, that at best Wargaming's internal communication is a mess between the regional offices. Now having the potential threat of strikes looming about a youtuber is a very unpleasant thing, since that stuff, could potentially ruin their job, and, in that said case is nothing but censorship, same thing Gaijin did.

Wargaming has to get their stuff in order. Censorship is unacceptable, and now having Wargaming US stepping in, despite it looked like WG EU had solved the situation, and SirFoch never had anything to do with WG US, since every cluster has it's own Community Contributor program, is just an enormous cluster fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Well, turns out, that Wargaming is a bit of a mess. So, essentially nobody ever argued, that WG is in their right, to demand putting said video down and/or removing SirFoch's Community Contributor status. However, the thread of a copyright strike was just ridiculous, because there is no copyright infringed. So one senior member of the EU CM staff apologized for doing said, and promised, that it will never happen again. And then one guy of the Wargaming US came around, essentially telling, that a copyright strike or threatening one is justified, despite the fact, again, no copyright was infringed.
    This confirms, that at best Wargaming's internal communication is a mess between the regional offices. Now having the potential threat of strikes looming about a youtuber is a very unpleasant thing, since that stuff, could potentially ruin their job, and, in that said case is nothing but censorship, same thing Gaijin did.

Wargaming has to get their stuff in order. Censorship is unacceptable, and now having Wargaming US stepping in, despite it looked like WG EU had solved the situation, and SirFoch never had anything to do with WG US, since every cluster has it's own Community Contributor program, is just an enormous cluster fuck.
    Well here is more in detail:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ1O...s&spfreload=10

So many empty promises:
    https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/gene...foch-incident/

Havent seen any1 posting abaut it yet. So i gathered a few things:
    *his response: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTank...p_some_things/
    http://i.imgur.com/8EE18s0.png
    http://i.imgur.com/2MQzGuv.png
    *modelator response
    http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...#entry14297446

*some old employies started leaking stuff
    http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/27/h...n-war-thunder/

The youtuber who was threatened by WG has a history of making videos with swearing and calling out WG for their cash grab schemes by releasing premium tanks you buy that are better than any you can get normally, and with little to no weakpoints so you have to fire premium ammo to pen them. WG never had a problem with it until now.

The only problem this time, was instead of doing 6 minute review like normal, he made a 30 second video tell WG to go fuck themselves. So WG threatened a copyright notice and took away his community contributor status. That was just a "official approved by WG label" really.

The players are mad about the threatening youtubers bit, and barely any mention the cash grab pay to win tanks that have been coming out in the past year or so. So if they are still playing and paying for the game, then they deserve what they get IMO.

Problem is, they have no reasoning behind that copyright strike, it's pretty much abuse and the guy in question was threatened. The video didn't even contain world of tanks footage, if they sued they wouldn't get anywhere (maybe they could prevent him from making money on future content?), and if youtube actually decided to censor the guy, then it would further prove that youtube can't actually protect their uploaders and that rules are flexible and a joke.

Let's not forget the fact that WG already knew that foch is always salty and curses, and they still made him a contributor.

And don't let me start on the tank... No weak spots and no penetration, which is perfect actually, since the tank makes both you and your opponent spam gold ammo. From the business perspective, great job WG, but I guess people are tired of that crap, and the statement was issued where they say they're going to talk about premiums and balance with the community.
    I just hope that people won't be all forgiving and happy when they just nerf 2 premium tanks, there are more problems in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Problem is, they have no reasoning behind that copyright strike, it's pretty much abuse and the guy in question was threatened. The video didn't even contain world of tanks footage, if they sued they wouldn't get anywhere (maybe they could prevent him from making money on future content?), and if youtube actually decided to censor the guy, then it would further prove that youtube can't actually protect their uploaders and that rules are flexible and a joke.

Let's not forget the fact that WG already knew that foch is always salty and curses, and they still made him a contributor.

And don't let me start on the tank... No weak spots and no penetration, which is perfect actually, since the tank makes both you and your opponent spam gold ammo. From the business perspective, great job WG, but I guess people are tired of that crap, and the statement was issued where they say they're going to talk about premiums and balance with the community.
    I just hope that people won't be all forgiving and happy when they just nerf 2 premium tanks, there are more problems in the game.
    They will nerf them. When i still played that piece of junk game, the Lowe was a tank of choice. Then it got nerfed (bouth cash wise and stats) and no1 played it any more.

They will nerf them. When i still played that piece of junk game, the Lowe was a tank of choice. Then it got nerfed (bouth cash wise and stats) and no1 played it any more.
    Patriot is the tank to go for nowadays, but still, there are more problems than premium tanks. Like playing without any money invested.

For average player, playing without premium account is a joke, you will start to lose money big time when you get to higher tiers. Especially if you start with russian tanks.

So much fail in this thread.
    Wargaming is Belarus company.
    While Belarus is a brother nation to Motherland, it's not the same all.
    Tying them both on the basis of language is laughable. Not to mention belarussians have their own, -gasp!- belarussian language.
    You might as well say United States of Fail are one and the same with UK because of language.

Second off, theres no p2w. Nor in Wot, nor in Wows.
    While recently premium tanks started to get stronger, they are not ultimate killing machines in no way, shape or form.
    Object 252 is no better that IS-3, Chrysler is no better aswell. They are good, they are a lot more enjoyable to play.
    That's the end to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Second off, theres no p2w. Nor in Wot, nor in Wows.
    While recently premium tanks started to get stronger, they are not ultimate killing machines in no way, shape or form.
    Object 252 is no better that IS-3, Chrysler is no better aswell. They are good, they are a lot more enjoyable to play.
    That's the end to it.
    While I watched this whole 'drama' stuff from a Jim-video, it was brought up that WoT had 'Premium ammo'...? As in, you buy ammo with actual money. So unless that ammo is worse than some of the other ammo...?

Well i dislike World of Tanks as the other person because its of the P2W material by far, not sure how people play it, in Greece its mostly the people working in the army that play it and they are of low intelligence, the low ranks at least.

It seems like someone fucked up with the threat without asking the higher chain and it escalated, oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    While I watched this whole 'drama' stuff from a Jim-video, it was brought up that WoT had 'Premium ammo'...? As in, you buy ammo with actual money. So unless that ammo is worse than some of the other ammo...?
    Yes, premium ammo, which has higher penetration and /or higher damage, and is bought with ingame credits.
    So no, not actual money.
    There are two types of credits: silver, which can be farmed in battles and is spent on tanks, all kinds of ammo, equipment, consumables, tanks and tank upgrades, and then there's "gold"(bought with actual money), which is spent on permanent camouflages(which again can be bought with silver), on removing some of the equipment (for a miniscule price), and for buying premium tanks/account, and for xp transfer.

Btw, Wows doesn't even have no "premium ammo"
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2017-05-27 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Combichrist_-_All pain is gone

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yes, premium ammo, which has higher penetration and /or higher damage, and is bought with ingame credits.
    So no, not actual money.
    There are two types of credits: silver, which can be farmed in battles and is spent on tanks, all kinds of ammo, equipment, consumables, tanks and tank upgrades, and then there's "gold"(bought with actual money), which is spent on permanent camouflages(which again can be bought with silver), on removing some of the equipment (for a miniscule price), and for buying premium tanks/account, and for xp transfer.

Btw, Wows doesn't even have no "premium ammo"
    Right! Thought it was bought with actual money since it wouldn't surprise me that we'd get to that point eventually. Thanks for clearing that up!

Right! Thought it was bought with actual money since it wouldn't surprise me that we'd get to that point eventually. Thanks for clearing that up!
    You are always welcome, sure as sure

You can buy it with actual money and in it's original incarnation was only available with actual money. They changed it a few years ago to be available for silver as well.

The silver cost in comparison to regular ammo though is anywhere from 3x to 35x the price depending on the tank. Some tanks it's significantly cheaper to shoot premium ammunition in while others it's not even worth thinking about. The effectiveness of premium ammo also varies significantly from tank to tank. Some tanks are balanced around having a weak penetrating gun so they have other attributed to make up for it like having good armor or being fast. They then have a premium round that basically removes that one weakness they're balanced around. Balance as a whole in WoT is a crap shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much besides the fact that I won a GTX 980 a few years back at Pax East from their event. Was pretty stocked and liked their Facebook page after. Didn't hear much of them since then other than this.

Seems like a pretty stupid idea. Hopefully, they'll right the ship before they go beyond what they can fix.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..