Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yes, premium ammo, which has higher penetration and /or higher damage, and is bought with ingame credits.
    So no, not actual money.
    There are two types of credits: silver, which can be farmed in battles and is spent on tanks, all kinds of ammo, equipment, consumables, tanks and tank upgrades, and then there's "gold"(bought with actual money), which is spent on permanent camouflages(which again can be bought with silver), on removing some of the equipment (for a miniscule price), and for buying premium tanks/account, and for xp transfer.

Btw, Wows doesn't even have no "premium ammo"
    The game is designed in a way that it forces you to buy it or you lose. Since credits are rare, and gold to credits conversion is a joke, you will have to end up spending the money. Also higher you go in a tree = higher repair cost = also more gold ammo usage.
    On every new battle you lose a lot of money and they nerfed any type of moneymaking (tier 4-5), so they can sell you those *premium* tanks.

Need money --) Make a OP premium tank --) No1 buys it anymore --) Nerf it --) Design a new premium tank --) Sell it --) Repeat

A simple math and you will notice that its simply not worth bothering any more with this game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    You can buy it with actual money and in it's original incarnation was only available with actual money. They changed it a few years ago to be available for silver as well.

The silver cost in comparison to regular ammo though is anywhere from 3x to 35x the price depending on the tank. Some tanks it's significantly cheaper to shoot premium ammunition in while others it's not even worth thinking about. The effectiveness of premium ammo also varies significantly from tank to tank. Some tanks are balanced around having a weak penetrating gun so they have other attributed to make up for it like having good armor or being fast. They then have a premium round that basically removes that one weakness they're balanced around. Balance as a whole in WoT is a crap shoot.
    Well then... Can't say I'm too surprised afterall!

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like War Thunder is going to be welcoming some new players this month
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The game is designed in a way that it forces you to buy it or you lose. Since credits are rare, and gold to credits conversion is a joke, you will have to end up spending the money. Also higher you go in a tree = higher repair cost = also more gold ammo usage.
    On every new battle you lose a lot of money and they nerfed any type of moneymaking (tier 4-5), so they can sell you those *premium* tanks.

Need money --) Make a OP premium tank --) No1 buys it anymore --) Nerf it --) Design a new premium tank --) Sell it --) Repeat

A simple math and you will notice that its simply not worth bothering any more with this game.
    Do you have anything to back up your claims, or are you talking out of your posterior?
    Through my 5 years, 48 thousands of battles worth of experience within WoT, with no too shabby results to boot, I can't for the life of me agree with your statements.
    Simple math is my kv5 farms anywhere from 20 to 100 thousands of credits every single battle, and that's without premium account.
    And these claims I can back up with actual replays and screenshots. Not to mention my T34, which virtually has no need for premium ammo. Not to mention that your income, no matter the kind of vehicle, is entirely dependant on you.
    Now, can you?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and btw, they don't nerf premium tanks. At all. It's their official, stated policy. Which they follow to the letter.
    They are not infallible, sure as sure.
    But this rule they uphold.

- - - Updated - - -

Same rule holds true in regards to WOWS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The game doesn't force you to "pay to win". You can comfortably play almost every single 'free' tank and win if you're playing it to it's strengths. Take the US T29 and T32 for example. Play those hull down, with your chassis covered, and you're basically set. These tanks don't cost real money, nor does their ammo, and they've got solid damage output with very good armour if played correctly.

Take the STUG III sniper tank destroyer. Play that from afar, using bushes as camo, add some of the perks (which you don't need to pay real money for), and again, you're fairly well set.

Or, look at the PZ II C (I think it's the II C). A low tier tank, fires several hundred rounds per minute, very fast, acts as a scout but can take out many same-tier tanks purely due to firing speed.

Take the top-tier T110E5. It's not great if you try to go head to head, but angle your armour, cover your commander bubble, and the best the enemy can do is take out your tracks.

Take almost any artillery in the game. High damage, full-map coverage in most cases, and hidden way in the back.

Your points about you needing to pay real money to win are completely unfounded. There are pay-for elements, but they do not make you an automatic winner. Even paid-for ammo doesn't guarantee anything, and in some cases doesn't even give much of an advantage.

Please come back with some solid evidence that doesn't involve some whiny asshole making a 5 minute video without making an actual fucking point, or random conjecture based in a lack of understanding about what benefits 'paid for' assets provide.
    I would, but every thread i made on wargaming site exposing their problems with a game got cenzored. So i stoped bothering and quit.

Here is a example (not me):

And they are pretty good and hiding things under a rug.

There was a tread posted on bouth wg site and reddit and they got taken down in a day, wich were shown the math numbers over time and how the game places you in worse teams so you lose and it doesnt matter if you end up super good, but it does force you to use your skill (and gold ammo), to not be a total failure in the current battle.
    It doesnt matter how skilled you are, when the game is rigged. (there was a addon that shown winrate of a each team and it did work, heck i even used it to save money on bad battles)
    Last edited by Yunru; 2017-05-28 at 06:31 AM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Speaking of p2w outside premium tanks, does premium ammo really still exist in world of tanks and premium crew training in warthunder?

Game forces you to use your skill to not be a failure, what an outrage!

Premium ammo is not so premium anymire, as it is bought with ingame credits.
    Cheaps will always whine about having to earn creds and actually committing to playing the game and mastering your tanks.
    Fething failures on middle tanks always cry about spg 's f.e., and how they utterly and completely deny them their game(no).
    Grille15 would be prime example. The only viable spg at tier10, and it got nerfed hard. Solely because it was the only spg that was actually playable and posed any threat to middle tanks at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as much as 48% failures will cry about bad and unfair team balance, when they themselves are the part and reason of bad team balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Xvm is is a so-sooo addon. I've seen a 98% win chance almost lost, won by by poor luck. I've seen 90% win chance matches lost utterly. I've seen it all.
    The main point of xvm, basically, is for you to figure who you can rely on your team(Noone).
    Because 48% failures.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2017-05-28 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Collisions_-_Once weary eyes

Deleted
    We all knew WoT was a giant whale festival and extreme P2W, what else is new

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    We all knew WoT was a giant whale festival and extreme P2W, what else is new
    Who are said "we" and where are any arguments to back up such claims?

As someone who plays WoT regularly, I can say that most of the claims in those videos about P2W are bogus. True, in the last year they released several T8 premium tanks that are among the best of the tier vehicles. So what? The idea that premium tanks should be inferior to regular ones is absurd in itself. Neither 252U, Chrysler nor Scorpion dominate. They are simply on par with some of the better tanks that are available on tier 8. That is exactly how proper premium vehicles should be balanced. You should not be forced to suffer just because you try and farm resources to play in higher tier battles.
    252U / Defenter and Chrysler are not better than regular IS-3 or Maus prototype (tier 8). Scorpion is not better than regular Charioteer or Borsig (not to mention a selection of other very capable tank destroyers on the 8th tier like T28 Prototype, ISU-152 or Jagdpanther). And these are top dogs among premiums.
    But then again, whiners gonna whine. It is much easier to do than to try and improve your own gameplay, learn to calculate angles and study maps for firing positions, timings and terrain shape. Same thing happens in WoW all the time (albeit the questions are a bit different).