Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Trump must resign if he won't do the job.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...15142?lo=ap_a1

The president did not have a clue that he was revealing highly classified information provided by an ally. Why not? Because, according to information from endless anonymous sources, Trump has no patience for detailed intelligence briefings and wants information boiled down to bullet points, preferably with pictures or graphics. He has no sense of what’s classified and what’s not. Information goes “in one ear and out the mouth,” as one exasperated official put it to Reuters. boasting is just what Trump does, whether it’s a sensitive piece of intelligence or descriptions of his buildings, his golf clubs and the size of his electoral victory.
    The quote above is why, especially the bolded part and this article is not the only example we've heard this same thing. Leak after leak, story after story coming out from people within the White House that Trump has no interest in doing the job as US president then he should resign today.

What job? The foreign policy disasters he's been left with after 24 years of Clinton, Bush and Obama. Trump apparently doesn't care that much about these issues or tackling the hard problems. If that's the case he must go, now.

What issues are there?

In Turkey we've got a dictator who's Sultan in all but name controlling entry to the Black Sea and an important strategic position overall.
    In Korea the US/South Korea stand on the brink of war with the North or at least watching North Korea develop ICBM tech.
    China is becoming a major threat.
    Russia is destabilizing the whole of Eastern Europe.

Trump either better do the damned job or he should get the hell out of there. Whatever one's feelings on the matter about Trump the one thing people should expect out of a US president, any US president, is that they do the actual job they signed up for.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-05-16 at 10:53 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    preferably with pictures or graphics”
    But with black and white pictures, so he can color them in. And no big words.

What a f**king moron. Who exactly thought electing him was a bright idea?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We need to fire him for his fundamental inability to do the job.
    If only someone had warned us that he wasn't fit for the job...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Did someone hijack CostinR's account? This seems fishy.
    Much of the scandals surrounding Trump are irrelevant

What IS relevant is that Trump do the job. That he take an active interest in the important things happening around the world. By so many accounts he isn't doing that.

It speaks volumes that Mike Pence is the one that spent weeks travelling the globe. Posing on the Korean DMZ and doing the things Trump should have been doing.

I applaud Trump for his national security appointments, but he still has to work with them. Not complain about McMaster and ignore him, that's the straw that broke the camel's back for me: Trump doesn't appreciate someone like McMaster? A bloody war hero who's considered one of the finest army officers today?
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-05-16 at 09:46 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    What job? The foreign policy disasters he's been left with after 24 years of Clinton, Bush and Obama. Trump apparently doesn't care that much about these issues or tackling the hard problems. If that's the case he must go, now.
    Nah, it's OK. Jared Kushner is on it.

But really: it's been obvious for a LONG time that he's not interested in the actual job, and has little patience for detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exriel View Post
    But her emails....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Trump is doing a tremendous job. Stop listening to fake news.
    I dont even watch foxnews.

this is a president who is so lazy and incompetent that he's thinking of putting a fucking talk show host to head the USDA. the guy gets off working at 6PM pops on fox news and looks for people he likes or agrees with for positions.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-05-16 at 10:11 PM.

I thought his job was to go golfing every weekend...no?

Because he's fucking killing it if that's the case.

I'm not sure how that surprises you, Costin. From my perspective anyway, Trump was quite obviously an opportunistic blowhard who has a clear ''my way or the highway'' mentality. That works when it comes to doing business, which is his thing, but politics are an entirely separate matter, especially foreign policy. There was a possibility that he would change the foreign policy zeitgeist in the US, but any hope of that went up in literal flames when he ordered the strike on the Syrian airbase and didn't follow it up with any concrete actions. To me that strongly suggested he's governing day to day with only mild interest in what he's doing, rather than actually constructing and putting forward a coherent plan.

But as far as I'm concerned, I figured he was grossly unfit for such an office a long time ago, independently of any pussy-grabbing comments or other nonsense. He's just not cut out to be a statesman, period.

15+ Year Old Account
    What IS relevant is that Trump do the job. That he take an active interest in the important things happening around the world. By so many accounts he isn't doing that.
    That actually isn't a requirement of the job of President of a country. While he certain should, and has to a limited extent, it is by no means a requirement of the job. There is a large difference between he should do what I think a president should do and he should do what the requirements of the job are. A difference you don't seem to grasp.

Just curious are you a US citizen living in Romania? Romanian? Because it would be a bit ironic for a non-us citizen to be dictating what a president of another country should do. Shouldn't all leaders of all countries be held to the same standard as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Trump either better do the damned job or he should get the hell out of there. Whatever one's feelings on the matter about Trump the one thing people should expect out of a US president, any US president, is that they do the actual job they signed up for.
    Given the platform he ran on he is doing exactly what he was elected for.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Trump just wanted to make himself richer. Hes the ultimate pantomime representation of American stereotypes. I don't think he cares about foreign or domestic politics, he just wants cash.

I always thought it was odd he went in at all. We all know property has been a sure fire way for money launderers to clean thier assets, hes probably not some russian stooge, but hes in a dirty buisness and most likely balls deep in kick backs. I find it strange that a man like that would want to walk into the most public, and investigated posittion in the world.

Oh well, enjoy what you voted for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Much of the scandals surrounding Trump are irrelevant
    But those are the types of things that make a President unfit for the job and not doing the job they are required to do.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

When reporter of "fake news" says good things about trump its not "fake news". When same reporter giving the same story, one line away from what trump likes, it becomes "fake news". But then if someone trump likes again is said seconds later that isn't "fake news" but again, suddenly, 6 seconds pass and trump doesn't like "fake news".

7+ Year Old Account
    People would just complain about Mike Pence, then say Paul Ryan would be better than Mike Pence.

The best advice would be to find someone better than Hillary in the next election. Someone who focuses on policy and not labeling and writing off citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Trump is doing a tremendous job. Stop listening to fake news.
    /s dear god I hope /s

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But with black and white pictures, so he can color them in. And no big words.

What a f**king moron. Who exactly thought electing him was a bright idea?
    Better that than letting Bernie in who would have pretty much eventually had all white males in jail because of slavery as he gives the presidency over to BLM much like he gave his own stage to them as they shouted him off the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    People would just complain about Mike Pence, then say Paul Ryan would be better than Mike Pence.
    The complaints against Pence from liberals are much more about policy, not his basic levels of competence, willingness, and understanding.

Seems like everyone on this damn board are Leftists who are too brain dead to see that Trump is doing one hell of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Better that than letting Bernie in who would have pretty much eventually had all white males in jail because of slavery as he gives the presidency over to BLM much like he gave his own stage to them as they shouted him off the stage.
    8/10

got me to crack a smile

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Did someone hijack CostinR's account? This seems fishy.
    Ok, yeah - I was thinking the same thing. WTF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exriel View Post
    Lol . . . we'll be counting (regrettable) crow for a LOOOOONG time.