Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Heroic Dungeon is almost always Kara...

I still do a random daily hc most days for the AP token and since 7.2 it is almost 90% Karazhan.
    If it's not Kara its very rarely CoS,Arcway or CoEN. (so new dungeon or old ones that got retuned for hc)

Because I started noticing how often it was kara I started keeping track, and over the last month it was upper/lower kara everyday except 2 CoS, 1 Arcway, 1 CoEN.
    I can't remember the last time I got an old-old dungeon... I'm not sure I have even had one in a random since 7.2.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Feels like every time a tanking satchel is up I get kara (and then the deserter debuff because fuck that place)

7+ Year Old Account
    Thought i was going crazy myself...

Doing daily heroic on 5 chars, atleast 3 of them is upper/lower Kara every day... didnt think i'd miss HoV so much.

Deleted
    guess its because many people que up for kara and the new instances because they couldnt see them in their mythic only forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Feels like every time a tanking satchel is up I get kara (and then the deserter debuff because fuck that place)
    This, and...

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    guess its because many people que up for kara and the new instances because they couldnt see them in their mythic only forms?
    This. Groups are almost always full of people with <2.5m HP, so I just can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    That's what I thought at first, but 6 weeks after patch and still no change?
    And even so, just from people trying to complete dungeon WQ (which kara doesn't even have), you should see old dungeons from time to time.

Hopefully it'll change soon, i'm getting really tired of kara...
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2017-05-20 at 01:43 AM.

Well, for lower some desperate people thinking they will drop Moroes. Upper for order hall quest i guess? Cos and Arcway have some recipes/quests for professions, so there is that also.
    Last edited by keyone01; 2017-05-20 at 01:52 AM.

never got anything else but lower kara since patch and as a result I don't do the daily dungeon anymore. A+ thread bringing this up.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Who does daily HCs? Just do some WQ and you'll get same or more AP in 3 minutes. HC Loot is shit anyways.
    A person that has done every single AP quest on map? (takes ~40min including all broken shore dailies) and wants extra 5.6mil AP token?

Deleted
    That's because people are specific queue'ing for it. I thought this was common knowledge by now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    I still do a random daily hc most days for the AP token and since 7.2 it is almost 90% Karazhan.
    If it's not Kara its very rarely CoS,Arcway or CoEN. (so new dungeon or old ones that got retuned for hc)

Because I started noticing how often it was kara I started keeping track, and over the last month it was upper/lower kara everyday except 2 CoS, 1 Arcway, 1 CoEN.
    I can't remember the last time I got an old-old dungeon... I'm not sure I have even had one in a random since 7.2.

I get Arcway like 90% and failing that I get one of the kara.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

I am going to assume it is because most of the people who are queuing for specific things are queuing for Arcway and Kara -- simply because gear. So when you random, you get all those specific queue people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post

Kara is awesome as a random heroic, especially lower, I still want the Moroes follower thing.

It's supposed to be random, but it seems to favor, in my experience, the dungeon without an active wq. Since neither upper or lower Kara have a wq associated with them, they seem to pop up more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Exactly And it's the same without the satchel.

Tbh. I've been thinking for a while, maybe this is actually intended. Another "alternative random" by Blizzard in LFG, heavily favoring the former mythic-only dungs. I remember similar problems with Halls of Ref. in Wotlk.

Why would this be a bad thing though? Kara is so insanely under tuned on heroic and they're relatively quick runs, only takes me about 10-15 mins at most. I dont even do my random heroic anymore though, not worth the AP for time investment when you can go do a +9 or even a +10 in about the same time and get double the AP.

Oddly enough, I seem to get Violet Hold whenever I queue for a random Heroic. I don't know why. I'd love to get Kara 90% of the time :P

Be glad its Kara, its a fast run, this week i had VH 4 times already, which is insta leave due to the boredom, can prolly run a Cath, Kara lower or Upper, Arcway, HoV faster than VH these days while having more fun.

I queue it about 5 times a day for the moroes follower

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I queue it about 5 times a day for the moroes follower
    can that drop on heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinberg View Post
    can that drop on heroic?
    of course!