Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://www.eutimes.net/2010/06/king-...tern-european/

I wasn't expecting this, interesting.
    This just goes to show how much detail is lost in the passage of history. There's so much we don't know about these peoples, how they lived, with whom, why and so on. Cultural detail is something we severly lack the further back we go.
    Perhaps this man was the son of a rich trader or an established noble family that had trade or family ties with Europe? Ancient people did more than we often credit them for.

Deleted
    this is thread is so stupid. people go back till they find european ancestry and then stop....

Uh, very misleading article title.

The halotype didn't originate in Western Europe, it's simply the most frequent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    Nubians were from Sudan in the south they invaded Egypt and took over. They had a short dynasty of 96 years until the Assyrian Empire invaded and put a native Egyptian back on the throne..
    Just to add on to that, apparently East Africans have a relatively high % of caucasian/euro DNA and this would presumably apply to the southern egyptians

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caliente View Post
    this is thread is so stupid. people go back till they find european ancestry and then stop....
    That's true. It's unfortunate archeologists and evolutionary biologists have never looked into the origin of humans beyond european people...

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    In one way it might have been simpler back then. Now if you try randomly going somewhere, you get stopped at borders unless paperwork matches.
    I read a while back I was reading about Iranian/Persian concubines in China and how the Emperor Liu Chang of the Southern Han Dynasty has multiple Persian women in his harem.

Maybe a little off topic, but many Persian harems and marriages in China produced children.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, but my point was that ancient Egyptians weren't Arabs. Even though both people are Caucasians.
    i know that, but what i mean is that they're both caucasian. it's not like some racist ass hiding the fact that something was actually done by a black person, this is basically the same race hiding the fact that it was sliiiightly different version of the same race. it's even more dumb than normal racist shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    but we wuz kangs
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The Kushite kingdom was Egyptian as well. After the Assyrians invaded Kush was integrated to Egypt...
    No the Kushite Kingdom never integrated after the Assyrians took Egypt. They moved further south and remained separate till they eventually dissolved in the mid-sixth century.

Some shipwrecked Irish sailor washed ashore in Egypt back in 1340 BC.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Cleopatra was not a Native Egyptian. I'm a little fuzzy on history, but I'm pretty sure she was half-Greek and half-Bactrian. An indication might be that she actually had to learn Egyptian (and was the first of her line of pharaohs placed on the throne by Alexander the Great to do so).
    You do realise that Kleopatra was the name of many egypt rulers? There's wasnt just one Kleopatra. The famous one (Kleopatra the 7th) married Gaius Julius Caesar, and i assume that's the Kleopatra you talk about. But you can't just say "Cleopatra was this and that".

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    99.6% isn't much of an admixture.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that's only in the Y-chromosome.

A similar comparison would be Cape Verdean men. Much of their Y-chromosome lineage is European due to the high amount of relations between European men and African women.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't all human dna date back to some black woman or something? I don't really see why race is relevant. To things dating this far back.

King TUT was european! ok, so what? He was also inbred to oblivion and back.

Also I'd dig a less absurd "source" shit should be easy enough to find without being filtered through a trash website like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Neo-nazi news site as your source? Are you getting bored of hiding your true colors Tony?
    I thought that was blatantly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Doesn't all human dna date back to some black woman or something? I don't really see why race is relevant. To things dating this far back.
    The problem with Eve is that all humans share a common ancestor. It may not have been a single individual, and that individual may not even been what was considered a homo sapien.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    You do realise that Kleopatra was the name of many egypt rulers? There's wasnt just one Kleopatra. The famous one (Kleopatra the 7th) married Gaius Julius Caesar, and i assume that's the Kleopatra you talk about. But you can't just say "Cleopatra was this and that".
    Most of the Cleopatras were of Greek origin. Macedonian, to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Neo-nazi news site as your source? Are you getting bored of hiding your true colors Tony?
    Forget the OP. Look at the desperate undercover neo-nazis that spring on news like this and claim that the ancient egyptians were white and built the pyramids.

Lol

The 'king' died when he was 19 and he was the product of inbreeding and had polio. They can claim him. He is no prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Uh, very misleading article title.

The halotype didn't originate in Western Europe, it's simply the most frequent there.
    That's probably all there is to this "story" yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Most of the Cleopatras were of Greek origin. Macedonian, to be precise.
    Yea but they ruled egypt.