Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm guessing that's because you were 5. Five year olds don't have the brain power to be scared.
    Have......you ever met a child?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Large Marge from Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure. That ridiculous claymation scene freaked me out every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Have......you ever met a child?
    Yeah, and I even was one. Amazing, ain't it. First-hand experience and all that shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Unsolved Mysteries

There were a few scenes in Blade Runner and Screamers; the whole idea of a barely discernible genocidal robot that hides behind a human appearance is pretty scary. Plenty of shock value to be had when they finally reveal themselves.

Yeah, and I even was one. Amazing, ain't it. First-hand experience and all that shit.
    So you stand by the idea that a 5 year old is incapable of fear? Seems an odd position to take but whatever makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    There was this bad guy on sesame street with a very long nose that gave me nightmares.
    Was it this guy?
    http://imgur.com/Y9rqKdZ

I had hundreds of dreams of him eating me alive when I was younger.

As a kid: There was an episode of The Flinstones that had Alfred Hitchcock that scared me. I remember my dad coming home and teasing me for being scared of a cartoon. That's the first thing I remember being scared of, or at least the one that stands out the most, perhaps because of the reaction I got.

As an adult: "Things in the media that scare me": Trump.

Headcrabs from Half-Life and the Flood from Halo:CE.

Fish monsters in video games and by extension all underwater levels in general.

Oh wait I still haven't gotten over that.

thanks half-life

Bowser's laughter whenever I died in Super Mario 64 haunted me every time; made me more cautious after every death so that I didn't have to hear it.

Similarly, the spooky face of a colossus and the blaring music every time I died in Shadow of the Colossus scared me into caution.

Deleted
    So you stand by the idea that a 5 year old is incapable of fear? Seems an odd position to take but whatever makes you feel better.
    Yeah, a 5 year old has no concept of fear. A 5 year old can be startled by anything, but they can't form a logical thought to actually be afraid of something and then actually remember it later on. Whatever they think they fear will be forgotten five minutes later.

Yeah, a 5 year old has no concept of fear. A 5 year old can be startled by anything, but they can't form a logical thought to actually be afraid of something and then actually remember it later on. Whatever they think they fear will be forgotten five minutes later.
    Whatever you say buddy.

Deleted
    Whatever you say buddy.
    Yeah, exactly. But I mean, I'm glad I know now that you have custom water cooling. Cos that's a useful bit of information.

Lets stay on topic and not devolve this into personal responses.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2017-05-21 at 06:56 AM.

Yeah, exactly. But I mean, I'm glad I know now that you have custom water cooling. Cos that's a useful bit of information.
    Sure thing. Happy to help.

Deleted
    Sure thing. Happy to help.
    You're not advertising your keyboard and mouse model, or the model and make of your monitor. Could you please add a bit more information to your signature so we can know everything, please.

You're not advertising your keyboard and mouse model, or the model and make of your monitor. Could you please add a bit more information to your signature so we can know everything, please.
    This is too off topic, sorry my sig triggered you so hard.

All that info is there btw, sorry you're too inept to read things in your obscure anger at a sig.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2017-05-21 at 02:17 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Gobbledok from Smith Chips Ads.

When the witches finally reveal their true faces in the 1990 film 'The Witches'

and someone already mentioned it but Mr Blobby is terrifying to any UK child who grew up early nineties and watched the generation game.

Here he is a couple years ago...

Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-05-21 at 02:58 AM.

Kurt Barlow of Salem's Lot is one of the few things that terrified me as a child.

Whenever our parents left my older sister in charge we would ALWAYS eat dinner in the living room. For fear that Kurt Barlow would see us through the kitchen windows.

Fucking terrified me.