Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Do all the content that awards "chests" daily... wait for your legiondaries to drop, run LFR weekly (get a little lucky). Buy some if you have gold from AH. I'd say those are fastest. Oh, and any WQ that has a reward that looks good.

instal the addon 'world quest group finder', u will never be alone again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I slow level a fair amount of alts by just running missions in the order hall and doing the occasional invasion when they happen and I'm online. In the beginning you can usually get a level per invasion and in the end at 108/109 it takes two invasions to level (+ running xp missions). So when they get to 110 they are usually in a fairly horrible state gear wise, tend to be like around 730-740 or so. Killing mobs then is a bit of hassle, but as all things it's very class dependent - classes with a pet tend to be okish, those without is in for a world of hurt - certainly so if they have weak self heals. It's not so fun to be below 1M hp and being out in the world.

Doing the Broken Shore introduction and intro quests, in combination with having done a few invasions usually get me enough nethershards to be able to outfit myself mostly with 850ish gear (the once that go for 400 shards a pop). The problem is usually that you can only get 1 ring and 1 trinket and there are no relics from the 400 shard vendor. But after having done this general outfit right after hitting 110 the WQ:s usually readjust and the gear they offer is now also offer gear in the same level range.

Doing PVP should be an option since there is a template now and not your gear that determines things, the bad part is that you have no PVP-talents so you get fucked over fairly quickly. But it's steady progress and might actually be better then doing WQ:s. The Brawls worked out great for the healers (druid, healing on the WSG brawl was actually quite funny -- for me, not for the people trying to desperately to kill you as you speed past them and then just heal yourself).

But after that there is a bit of hump really to try and get to 900ish. You can usually get up to around 880 but then it turns into a real issue. You need M+ or non-LFR raid gear to progress beyond that. Which leaves us with either one has to farm nethershards (there is a bit of a difference between 400 and 5000 shards for one piece of gear) to your eyes bleed or hope you get lucky with a world boss. Waiting for your first and second legendary to drop that is usually a fair boost to the ilevel.

Getting a M+ key and hope it's one that there are boost groups for, one usually has to run it a few times first to try and get it up to at least a seven. Then you can usually get a boost up to 10. That said just running a few at a lower + is not bad either, but then there is the whole chest RNG at the end of the week.

I usually don't do the Emissary thing, unless the emissary lines up with an invasion since that is then a two rewards for doing on thing deal. As in doing the invasion also counts as the four quests for the emissary chest. Also it really really helps if your character has the class order hall ability to finish one WQ every 18h "for free" (so mage, dk, dh, warrior, warlock, paladin -- those toons are fairly selfsufficient after 110 and are preferable in my mind to other classes).

The good part, for me, I guess is that I mostly don't care about these alts. They are only there to keep running missions in the order hall and on occasion they venture outside to kill some world boss or gather some resources. They are not actually to be played with or compete with the "real" characters I play so they don't need the 900+ gear, but it still nice to keep them somewhat relevant so they can if needed go out in the world and do some things without to much of a struggle.
    Last edited by looorg; 2017-05-21 at 11:12 AM.

For $15 you can now buy a LOT of gold, so maybe crafted gear/raid BoEs off the AH?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    1.Finish your class campaign to unlock third relic slot.

2.Legion Assaults for some Nethershards and replace all your kit with dauntless (850+)

This will give you a nice boost and you also get a relic for the relic slot you unlock so it will give you another nice boost and then you will start getting world quests that reward higher ilevel gear.

Dauntless Tokens are 400 Nethershards each so an invasion should provide enough to give you a nice boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I'm even getting declined for Sentinax groups lol. Fuck this fucking elitist bullshit community with their ilvl 900+ requirements. Why the fuck would I wanna farm Sentinax if I already have 900+ gear?? Idiots
    Start your own group, its a farm group so ofc they are going to want to kill stuff as quick as possible and if you have only just got to 110 you are not going to be doing much damage.

Generally the propose method
    1) Do Legion Invasions.
    2) Do the starter quest in the Broken Shores for Shards + 850 gear.
    3) After doing (1)+(2), then go on to do world quest to upgrade to 860->875,
    4) Then go back to Legion invasions and upgrade your gear to Relinquished ilvl 880.

You should be able to manage Suramar if you are 850, though a tanking class will indeed help. I tend to pull 3-4 mobs at once and sometimes they come in wave, so I change from Boomkin to Guardian when I am doing quests there. I did die alot on my main when I started as Boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    When you just hit 110, and have an average ilvl of 760 you'd love to have 850 gear. Note that the OP said he just hit 110. A fresh dinged 110 is typically between 740-770.
    Only if they leveled by pet battles or something. My latest alt is level 109 at the moment, ilvl 778. He does have two BoE epics from other characters, though. Would probably be ilvl 770 without those.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    instal the addon 'world quest group finder', u will never be alone again.
    Honestly, this ^ to start. You'll get invited to groups automatically regardless of your level and it will allow you to complete those world quests with ease. This includes legion invasions.

Other than that, start your own normal Mythic groups (no keystone) once you're 830-850ish and prioritize inviting classes that share gear with you so you can ask for things people don't need (which will be most things). You'll likely 2-3 chest if the people you've brought in are 850+... which will leave you a lot of 865+ gear to share.

After you get a Mythic+ keystone, either start your own group specifically asking for a carry, or look for carry groups in the group finder. You should be able to get your key to at least Mythic 5 even if you do the dps of a brick and people carry you the whole way. Mythic 5 will give you a shot at 875 gear and an 890 in your weekly dungeon chest on Tuesday.

Deleted
    Starting a group for Mythic Dungeons with people with the same type of gear as you (Leather, Cloth, Mail etc)

Pretty much getting carried and asking to trade the item every single time.

With shitty quest gear, I'm sure groups will be jumping to invite me
    I'd say just do Invasions, and World Quests that award gear. If you got time and disposition, do a heroic (as they drop 840s now) or regular mythics.

I'm even getting declined for Sentinax groups lol. Fuck this fucking elitist bullshit community with their ilvl 900+ requirements. Why the fuck would I wanna farm Sentinax if I already have 900+ gear?? Idiots
    I'm surprised your sparkling personality isn't getting you opportunities.

Mythic+ is an amazing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I just leveled my warlock and got him to 862 and I feel totally stuck.

I tried to do a mythic+ using my own keystone but had trouble getting a tank, then the tank I got was bad so the healer bailed before we even got to a boss and keystone is dead. Next week gonna be a lot more careful and look for a carry group hopefully with a lot of clothies so I can trade for gear.

No normal group will take me for any raid. LFR gear isn't any better than what I'm wearing.

For next week my plan is to be patient and focus on getting my keystone up to +10 or so through carries, and also to see if I can convince guildies to carry me on a normal run. Then maybe, I don't know, Sentinax farming and buying BOES?
    Yup, my experience as well as a returning player. I'm also stuck at 862. No one wants me in M+, I form my own group and can't get that tank/healer to join so the other guys eventually drop group, can't get in Normal NH as everyone wants to speed clear it so they require achieve + high iLvl etc.

Unless you are super lucky and have a tank and healer friend who will carry you or a guild that will do the same, you're pretty much stuck. This will only get compounded when ToS drops soon because the gear there drops 920+ so we'll see even HIGHER requirements in M+, raids, etc. We'll get left behind even more.

The catch-up mechanic only works if you have a tank/healer friend or a guild that will carry you.

Right now, I'm farming shards in a 0.1% chance that Blizzard ups the base iLvl (similar to when 7.2 was released and normal/heroic dungeons and WQs gear drop iLvl were increased) and working on my profession so I can buy a carry (~200K on my server).

I can't wait in 4+ months time when 7.3 hits and everyone kind of "resets". It sucks being a returning player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lmryll View Post
    Yup, my experience as well as a returning player. I'm also stuck at 862. No one wants me in M+, I form my own group and can't get that tank/healer to join so the other guys eventually drop group, can't get in Normal NH as everyone wants to speed clear it so they require achieve + high iLvl etc.

Unless you are super lucky and have a tank and healer friend who will carry you or a guild that will do the same, you're pretty much stuck. This will only get compounded when ToS drops soon because the gear there drops 920+ so we'll see even HIGHER requirements in M+, raids, etc. We'll get left behind even more.

The catch-up mechanic only works if you have a tank/healer friend or a guild that will carry you.

Right now, I'm farming shards in a 0.1% chance that Blizzard ups the base iLvl (similar to when 7.2 was released and normal/heroic dungeons and WQs gear drop iLvl were increased) and working on my profession so I can buy a carry (~200K on my server).

I can't wait in 4+ months time when 7.3 hits and everyone kind of "resets". It sucks being a returning player.
    5k shards = 1 880 piece.

I don't understand how any returning player is having issues gearing up nowadays.

Seriously.

1, at worst, 2 invasions will net you a complete set of >850 ilvl gear (can proc higher).
    You can grab a cheap crafted legendary as a ilvl boost until you get one to drop.
    World Quests at this point will net >850-860 gear and relics which can proc higher, easily.
    Mythic 0s reward >865 ilvl and are easy to run without ilvl hassles, also, there are like 12 of them to run, plenty of chances for loot.
    Nighthold LFR starts at 860...
    Crafted items upgraded with Obliterum can get up to 870 or 875?

At that point start going into Low Mythic+s, gamble for the 5k nethershard items and join some nighthold normal pugs.

That is also easy to do ALONE. If you have a guild, or a couple of friends, it just speeds it up like crazy.

Seriously, the game has enough catch-up mechanisms as it is, if you can't get through the hurdles you just aren't interested in it. But hey, might aswell complain on mmo-c forums!

Number one tip I'm going to give you. Do NOT blame the community. Is this the fault of the community? Absolutely, but blaming the community won't do anything but waste your time. Instead, adapt and find holes where you can and take advantage of such holes. Biggest hole being... nobody cares about the group leader's ilvl, so make your own group. Most normal anything groups lead themselves anyway so it'll be easy.

broken shore bro
    Apothecary Wormcrud says: Touch my chicken and I will kill you in your sleep. Am I understood?

It just takes time if you don't have friends and a guild but world quests have gear and it helps.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

If you can fly then broken shore is your best bet to fly down and grab chests and tag rares.

I recently got my Shammy to 110 and I found the easiest way of getting gear was killing rares on broken isle, they dropped currency that you can then use to buy an item that creates item level 850 gear which is good enough to get you into LFR at least. Saves you from having to do the heroic gear grind.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3