Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I just flew with my Rogue down to Val'sharah in order to do a PvP quest for a cloak, I went afk for a couple of minutes while flying there via flightmaster, went into the kitchen to prepare some food and when I came back, Legion invasion. Fuck me for not knowing that it was supposed to be scheduled for 3 PM, right? Now I have to wait for 6 hours and come back and do it then. Genius idea, really. Switching out the quests of the zone completely, for hours, was an awful idea from the beginning, how did this make it into the game?

This expansion is full with things that require you to schedule your life around the game. This used to be a game, where you could just log on, jump in, and even if you only had 30 minutes of time a day to play the game, you could work towards what you want. Not anymore. World boss rotations, gating class quests through mission tables, gating class quests through reputations, Legion invasions, building buffs, weekly trickle down content. It's clear that Blizzard doesn't want to give players choice anymore, they want to dictate to you what you do and when.
    Ya or you could have just done the quest. It would have taken you less time than it took to type out this QQfest
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Yeah, dynamic events are the worst, right?

So is wow dead or?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I just flew with my Rogue down to Val'sharah in order to do a PvP quest for a cloak, I went afk for a couple of minutes while flying there via flightmaster, went into the kitchen to prepare some food and when I came back, Legion invasion. Fuck me for not knowing that it was supposed to be scheduled for 3 PM, right? Now I have to wait for 6 hours and come back and do it then. Genius idea, really. Switching out the quests of the zone completely, for hours, was an awful idea from the beginning, how did this make it into the game?

This expansion is full with things that require you to schedule your life around the game. This used to be a game, where you could just log on, jump in, and even if you only had 30 minutes of time a day to play the game, you could work towards what you want. Not anymore. World boss rotations, gating class quests through mission tables, gating class quests through reputations, Legion invasions, building buffs, weekly trickle down content. It's clear that Blizzard doesn't want to give players choice anymore, they want to dictate to you what you do and when.
    I feel like everytime I see a post that's just a beyond stupid topic and thing "holy shit this guy was dropped on his head" when I click, it's your thread.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about wow? on the wow fan site?

10+ Year Old Account
    What a tragedy... I wonder who'll play you in the movie.

Deleted
    I would much prefer it if you could defeat the legion in the zone and have it immediately revert back to being a normal zone with normal WQs. waiting 5.5 hours with absolutely nothing to do there is the most annoying thing ever. I generally have to agree with the OP in this thread.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's even an addon LegionInvasionTimer that shows the exact times for the next 8 invasions after detecting the first one.

I agree overlap/replacing WQ isn't the best system but since invasion times are NOT random, I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiroc View Post
    I would much prefer it if you could defeat the legion in the zone and have it immediately revert back to being a normal zone with normal WQs. waiting 5.5 hours with absolutely nothing to do there is the most annoying thing ever. I generally have to agree with the OP in this thread.
    Yeah, that would be nice.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Waiting for his standard response of "Nice Ad Hominem" which will most likely be in response to mine
    Well, that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    PvP quest is up all day plenty of time to do it later.
    It's not up all day, that's the point. It's not up for 6 hours. It's not up right now and it won't be up for another 3 hours. So for people with limited time, it means they won't be able to do it. And I don't want to schedule my life around WoW.

15+ Year Old Account

If u gave a damn, u would have looked up this site ages ago
    https://wow.gameinfo.io/invasions

But it looks like ud rather complain that do anything about it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turismon View Post
    I mean....it's a pvp wq, instead of crying about it go you know "pvp".
    What are you talking about? I don't want to PvP. I want the cloak from the quest for transmog. The point is the quest is unavailable now because Blizzard thought invasions were a good idea.

Deleted
    You sure do bitch a lot OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If u gave a damn, u would have looked up this site ages ago
    https://wow.gameinfo.io/invasions

But it looks like ud rather complain that do anything about it.
    I know the site alright, so spare me your insults.

I'm not gonna constantly check a site just to make sure when I afk for 5 minutes that it's not when an invasion is about to happen. We shouldn't have to use external sites to play the game properly. and neither would I schedule my life around that sort of thing. If I have to go to the kitchen, I'm gonna go to the kitchen.

Deleted
    I done 2 invasions and then stopped doing them, is there any reason besides a achievement to keep doing them? (don't tell me AP or gear, I already got enough of those, not maxed but I don't raid so at 890 I am fine in gear and I already got all the traits of spells I actually use, the 5 or so traits I got left I never really use anyway)..

So yea.. I fail to see the point to do them.. maybe if they awarded 10k gold or something.. maybe.. (as I have 400k and not gonna save or spend 2 mill for one mount) so yea.. gold is kinda pointless anyway..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why don't you just embrace the dynamic of gameplay?
    What does that mean? You mean if an invasion is up I should just go and do the invasion? I don't need to. I don't need any of the rewards. The one reward I do need is unavailable for 3 more hours. And invasions aren't particularly fun anyway, not beyond doing them for the first time.

@OP maybe its time to move on to another game or go outside?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the site alright, so spare me your insults.

I'm not gonna constantly check a site just to make sure when I afk for 5 minutes that it's not when an invasion is about to happen. We shouldn't have to use external sites to play the game properly. and neither would I schedule my life around that sort of thing. If I have to go to the kitchen, I'm gonna go to the kitchen.
    His whole point is that these sites let you know EXACTLY when (and some sites even show where) the next invasion is. You really can't complain when we have that information. You don't have to schedule your life around it, these pvp world quests are always up. I mean, if you want PVP gear for transmog, is it such a far-fetched idea to actually PVP for it? You're lucky there even is a less-reliable way of getting said gear without PVPing much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    @OP maybe its time to move on to another game or go outside?
    "Hurrdurr you just need to go outside"

All you people are capable of are ad hominems. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i kinda like it.. just wish they wasn't only at the broken isles that way it would feel more like a threat.
    Then we'd have people complain that they have to go back to the old world zones to do them. The "Blizzard is making me go to 12 year old zones to do current content. Its a hassle!!" comments.

Or the "I can't level my level 20 toon in westfall because of all these invasions!!!@##$!!2111111.

But I agree. If the legion is infinite why aren't they spawning portal up all over the place at the same time. Making it feel like if we don't do something the the end is near.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    His whole point is that these sites let you know EXACTLY when (and some sites even show where) the next invasion is. You really can't complain when we have that information.
    Uhm, yes, I know. And my point still is I shouldn't have to use an external site just to play the game properly. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    You don't have to schedule your life around it, these pvp world quests are always up. I mean literally, if you want pvp gear for transmog, is it such a far-fetched idea to actually PVP for it?
    Yes, I do. If I have a couple more minutes left and something happens that requires me to get up, I would be forced to either stay at the computer or wait another 6 hours, forcing me to schedule my life around it. Legion is a no lifer expansion, worse than Vanilla.

I haven't done World Quests just for the rewards they offer for weeks now, and the one time I wanna do it the game tells me to fuck off.

These PvP world quests are not "literally" up all the time. They aren't up right now. Think before you write.