Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Make the leveling process smother by letting players focus on the flow of quests instead of looking for someone to fly them to the next zone once they did the introductionquestline because they are already overleveled, sure.

Make the zones relevent for maxlevel? no thanks

Deleted
    I dont believe blizzard is going to change the old quest regions. New expacs are about new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Not every zone, they should make it so classic can go max 60, tbc to 70, wotlk to 80 and so on, that would be the best system imo.
    It would also stop RPers from getting fucked over since a ton of them hold events out in the open, so if they have to keep fighting off mobs at their level, then those events would probably not be hosted as much anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-60, 58-70, 68-80, 80-85, 85-90, 90-100 would be nice.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Condense and cap the zones by expansion:

1-60: Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    60-80: Outland and Northrend
    80-100: Pandaria and Draenor
    100-110: Broken Isles
    110-120: "Expansion"
    Basically, this. It would make the old-world leveling experience so much more fluid and enjoyable. As it stands if you want to complete the entire chain in an old-world zone, the quests are going to be grey by the time you do, and they don't provide near as much exp (or useful loot) at that point. So you complete about half of it, move to another zone, complete half of that one, completely skip what SHOULD be the next zone and move onto the next one after...it's just dumb. But you shouldn't be able to level from 1-110 in, say, Outland. I definitely agree with expansion zone level caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sure, I could just stay unsubbed and play all the content on my level 20 trial.

Deleted
    No

It would probably just add to the list of things pushing me to quit after 12 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyzone, but almost. I don't want scaling down on zones like Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, Broken Shore, Surumar, Tanaan Jungle and such.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Absolutely not. Maybe make zones scale within their "bracket". Say there's 5 level 10-20 zones, those 5 zones scale with you up to level 20, but then stop scaling, so you still outgrow them and move on to the next level bracket.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would go beyond that:

1) do level squish - 100 is always max level
    2) old expansion zones are always scaled 1-90
    3) new zones are scaled 90-100 (after expansion is done, all are changed to 1-90)
    4) with prepatch all 90+ characters going back to 90
    5) character boost is always to 90
    6) legacy raids: vanilla, bc, wotlk, cata stay the same, pandaria (and wod in 8.0) have legacy buff (that you can turn off) that makes soloing trivial, legion raids stay at 90 (until 9.0)

I know there would be TON of whining: "levelling is pointless", "this game have no sense", but look how many problems it would solve:

a) new players will no longer be scared looking at 120+ max level - we know old levels are irrelevant and quick to get, but they don't know that,
    b) much more freedom with reroll. You want to go back to shaman, but didn't play him for 2 expansion? Don't worry, he wait for you on 90 level.
    c) for altoholics: you can now create army of alts and have some "finishing point" for every one at 90,
    d) Blizz can make another non-hero class without worrying about things like class hall or artifact weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Since I won't level another toon, I don't really care

But what I hate about the scaling? My toon that is now 100 did a lot of herbing, mining and joined some invasions. Now it is lv 102, but still in WoD lv 100 gear and will have a bit of a harder time in the artefact starting quest scenarios for example.

So...if Blizzard needs to scale the mobs, to a degree gear should scale (it gets pretty obsolete pretty quickly anyhow...so why not?)
    Yeah don't scale gear and don't scale mobs via i level. Don't need that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I do want scaling for old content.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing through the new 1-60 content. However, the biggest annoyance of it came from you gaining xp too fast, making all of it completely trivial. That was without any perks or heirlooms. Granted, it would be easy regardless, but you still had to focus a little bit, making at least somewhat engaging gameplay.

So there were 3 options I could do.

1) Just abandon the zone when you are at appropriate level to enter the next zone, hardly ever finishing a single zone. Not a big fan of it, especially when I am/were doing these zones for the first time.
    2) Keep doing the now trivial zone that doesn't provide much xp anymore, but you still get to finish the story, which is pretty important to me. You eventually end up being way over the appropriate level suggested for the zone(s).
    3) Go and turn your xp gain off every now and then. Everything would remain level-appropriate, but it's just too much of a hassle. Not to mention how much it would slow you down (I still want to be at max level some day!).

I actually recall Blizzard mentioning this, but I can't remember when and what they said, but it was quite some time a go. I think they did acknowledge it is slightly problematic, how you outpace the content at lower levels. Now, I doubt they will do anything to fix that, however. It's just not all that important to meddle with irrelevant content.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-05-21 at 06:12 PM.

I'd like it if zones scaled 10-15 levels. I got tired of getting a third of the way through a zone and out leveling it, because it was tuned for 5 levels without bonuses.

But it wouldn't break my heart to talk to an NPC at the border and have it all scale to my level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    While I like it in legion, I also think that the old world staying trivial is how it should be. I don't want to have to worry about anything if I decide to goof around in Elwynn forest or wherever, not everything has to be a challenge at all times.
    Naa, i dont think the world should be trivial at all.

Everything should present a threat even if its a minor threat. 1 shotting everything is unrealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, absolutely

I want to see the 1-60 experience revamped. Updated visually, questlines reformed to deal with local threats rather than being locked to a specific expansion. Scaling tech, bonus objectives, talking head mech and making it possible to level 1-max level in those zones, bypassing Outland and Northrend at the very least if one chose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I sure do. Id love to see the Legion level scaling tech applied to every zone, including from level 1 all the way to level 120 in the next expansion.

It would make EVERY zone relevant and any gear drops, or quest rewards would be relevant and scaled to match your current level.

The level and ilvl scaling tech was the best thing by far to come out of Legion in terms of improving the leveling experience and gameplay, as well as the max level experience.
    They could do it like some other games have.

Have the scaling tech but have an on/ off switch for those that like to run around the old zones one shotting mobs (I haven't met any of those people actually but everytime this discussion comes up- a bunch of people post how they don't want scaling because they like one shotting low level mobs for some reason).

I think having everything scale would add immensely to the enjoyment of this game. I would love to see wq's in the old zones too.

I think it'd be alright. as long as they kept some limit on the scaling so you'd have to move on to the next expansion areas. I mean it would fix the whole "Out leveling a zone before you are even half finished" thing. It would also be a great opportunity to look at and fix low level balance.

Scale all zones up to previous expansion level cap, retune outdoor mobs to be harder, retune dungeons to be harder, but giving more experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    A piece of your sense of progression is a growing sense of power against your environment. This takes that away and seems to me to not be a good thing. I don't want to be at end game and fighting life-and-death struggles against bears in Elwynn Forest should I decide to grab some peaceblooom.

It is true enough though that going into old zones now is boring and rather pointless so it's a hard problem. Making scaling a switchable on/off flag controlled by the player would be fine but I don't know if it's practical or even worth the effort.

HAHAHAHHA peacebloom!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222