View Poll Results: What's your favorite zone?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • Broken Shores

83 14.49%
  • Tanaan Jungle

97 16.93%
  • Timeless Isle

393 68.59%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Broken Shore isn't endgame zone, not sure why you compare it as such. There is one more raid patch to go and we don't know if they will release a zone in Argus with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    Verses... Firelands?
    Its not the Firelands, Firelands was the raid! Molten Front was the daily questing zone! It says right there in the name every fucking time you go to it! Stop calling it the Firelands! When someone asks you where an item dropped, and you say Firelands, but you mean Molten Front, but there IS a place called Firelands, its confusing! This is simple, why is this so hard for everyone to wrap their wee little brains around?!? Yes, I am still mad about this years later! *inarticulate shouting*

Deleted
    Timeless Isle without contest.

1. Reputation.

On TI there were several ways to get reputation. There was a weekly quest, few (3 if I'm not mistaken) daily quests and then there was a mindless mob grind. Hardcore farmers could grind rep by killing mobs, which was the most inefficient way to do it, but it was there. Casual players could do the most efficient way - weekly quest.

2. Different areas.

Difficulty split into 3 types: easy area on ground, slightly more difficult on way up, the most difficult area on top. There was content for any play style.

3. Mob spawn timers.

There were rather strict timers on mob spawns, which led to players creating add-ons for calculating approximate spawn times and cooperating. Chat was full of messages asking when next rare going to spawn.

-

What went wrong in Tanaan:

1. Daily cooldown on rares.
    2. Only 1 way to grind rep.

-

What went wrong in Broken Shores:

1. Everything. Its bland boring chunk of land with dull grind. As unimaginative as it can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samesnotatroll View Post
    The poll just proves the nostalgia filter theory! =p
    I'm sure if you add Molten Front to that list, Timeless Isle would still win. Molten Front was as dull as Broken Shores

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It made the PvP that much more fun
    What if I didn't like to do PVP?

If Isle of Thunder had more exciting rewards, that would be my #1. Loved the design of the area, felt very connected to ToT and the Mogu storyline, and I loved the gradual evolution of the bases and the zone as you progressed toward the raid.

Timeless Isle felt more cohesive than Tanaan and Broken Shore, and although there wasn't much story there, that wasn't problematic since it didn't really have a place in the larger storyline. It was a neat playground with a lot of really cool rewards.

Tanaan had a lot of neat stuff going on, and some cool rewards, but it all felt very disjointed. Once you could fly, it was dull.

Broken Shore has a lot of neat stuff going on, but no cool rewards, no sense of progression, no sense of story, no sense of gravity (although maybe that's at least a bit different as Alliance) and once you can fly, it is also dull. Fel fatigue makes it seem very un-dynamic and visually uninteresting.

Deleted
    Timless Isle hat treasure hunt for new chars, much better rares and the celestial arena was also greater than the other boss systems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    What if I didn't like to do PVP?
    Then don't play on PvP realms. Problem solved.

Honestly I prefer BS. It's mostly different things to do every day that aren't bland fill the bar quests. Granted there aren't a lot of wq variety, there is still a lot more variety than TJ. My wife was a big fan of TI but I found it very boring after the first few hours there. I didn't like racing to get to an Rare before it died and hoping to the RNG gods that i get whatever it's .1% drop was. The only thing I like less of BS then the other 2 are the fact that the armor tokens aren't BoA, it is less alt friendly. BS could do with a few better rewards though now that I think about it. Some toys and pets that are maybe the 1% drop from rares like TI, but are shared on the loot table for all rares, so your not just farming 1 rare that pops every hour.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2017-05-24 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Then don't play on PvP realms. Problem solved.
    Which I don't, however the point was Timless Isle didn't have flying which I hated

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I can't help but think that when designing Timeless Isle, the devs thought: "How can we build a world zone with as many fun things as possible?"

When building Broken Shore, they thought, "How can we spread out the content as much as possible to make sure we don't lose subscribers?"

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't play back then, what was Isle of Quel'Danas like?
    Isle of Quel'Danas started of with only a small area and a few NPC's giving daily quests, the more dailies you did, the more of the land was taken over and more dailies were given. Eventually it expanded into the town you see today. The dailies were simple and rewarded reputation for the faction to buy cool stuff, as well as a title if you donated enough gold. As well as the raid and instance were located there.

It was a hell of a fun PvP area too since you could aggro guards on people attacking you if you were close to the town. Aesthetically it was beautiful and the music was on point.

It was a simple daily quest hub island, and didn't need more than that, or some ridiculous other currency to farm up. You had your dailies on a well placed island that unlocked itself in a good manner.

Broken Shore is not the equal to Timeless Isle and Tanaan. Broken Shore is more like Molten Front, or Thunder Isle. It's not the end game questing area. Argus is more likely going to be the Timeless/Tanaan of LEgion.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, but I didn't find Timeless Isle to be that fun. There were always packs of retarded Rogue/Feral gankers all over killing everyone for that PvP coin, was annoying as hell, especially since you couldn't fly there.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Timeless Isle without contest.

1. Reputation.

On TI there were several ways to get reputation. There was a weekly quest, few (3 if I'm not mistaken) daily quests and then there was a mindless mob grind. Hardcore farmers could grind rep by killing mobs, which was the most inefficient way to do it, but it was there. Casual players could do the most efficient way - weekly quest.

2. Different areas.

Difficulty split into 3 types: easy area on ground, slightly more difficult on way up, the most difficult area on top. There was content for any play style.

3. Mob spawn timers.

There were rather strict timers on mob spawns, which led to players creating add-ons for calculating approximate spawn times and cooperating. Chat was full of messages asking when next rare going to spawn.

-

What went wrong in Tanaan:

1. Daily cooldown on rares.
    2. Only 1 way to grind rep.

-

What went wrong in Broken Shores:

1. Everything. Its bland boring chunk of land with dull grind. As unimaginative as it can get.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure if you add Molten Front to that list, Timeless Isle would still win. Molten Front was as dull as Broken Shores
    Again, was molten front an end game zone? Sadly Cataclysm didn't have an end game zone, we got the new dungeons with DS. Compare fairly Sir.
    That, my friend, is called building an empire.