Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"You aren't in a party" when looting

For some reason, that message keeps popping up from time to time when I loot things, when solo, or when in a group.

Any idea what's causing it?

Addon list:

From my understanding it is from the old chat channels.
    That there was a need for separate raid and party channels, when now we have just /instance which covers both when inside an instance.
    I expect there is an attempt to output to that channel, and so something we could search for.
    I just don't know what that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If you wouldn't mind installing Notepad++, use its Find in Files feature to look for SendChatMessage.*PARTY or SendAddonMessage.*PARTY in the AddOns folder. Here's a screenshot of the search window. One of the addons that appear in the results may be doing this.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Been seeing that issue myself, and those searches came up with DBM, BigWigs and Paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    If you wouldn't mind installing Notepad++, use its Find in Files feature to look for SendChatMessage.*PARTY or SendAddonMessage.*PARTY in the AddOns folder. Here's a screenshot of the search window. One of the addons that appear in the results may be doing this.
    It seems that WeakAuras, Paste, BigWigs and DBM have those strings in them.

This problem has bothered me for years, quite literally. I pray to all gods you can fix this some how in this thread lol!

Sounds like you have an old ace2 addon installed.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    Sounds like you have an old ace2 addon installed.
    I don't have any "old" addons, everything I've got installed is from 2016 or newer.

Trying it out in LFR, the message changes to "You aren't in a raid".

I tried completely disabling all four of those addons (BigWigs, DBM, Paste, WeakAuras) and I still get the message when looting.

It only seems to happen in groups, though.

Went through and updated every single addon I've got, and the problem persists.

Tried disabling AutoLootPlus, that didn't fix it either.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I don't have any "old" addons, everything I've got installed is from 2016 or newer.

Trying it out in LFR, the message changes to "You aren't in a raid".
    AutoBar is an ancient Ace2 addon, it loads AceEvent-2.0 and thus tries to send an addon message when looting.

The addon itself looks like it's been on life support for some time as the current maintainer appears to have decided to continue stitching it together instead of completely rewriting it. I would get rid of it.
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    AutoBar is an ancient Ace2 addon, it loads AceEvent-2.0 and thus tries to send an addon message when looting.

The addon itself looks like it's been on life support for some time as the current maintainer appears to have decided to continue stitching it together instead of completely rewriting it. I would get rid of it.
    Huh, weird. It is AutoBar after all.

Why the shit is an action bar addon sending messages to party

I'll go ahead and tell the dev about it.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-05-27 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Are you sure it's AutoBar?
    https://www.townlong-yak.com/globe/w...ndAddonMessage
    AutoBar [+1] /libs/AceEvent-2.0/AceEvent-2.0.lua: 987
    Code:
    986	self:RegisterEvent("LOOT_OPENED", function()
    987		if GetNumGroupMembers() > 0 then SendAddonMessage("LOOT_OPENED", "", "RAID") end
    988	end)

Every time you open loot, AceEvent-2.0, embedded in AutoBar, is sending a message to the raid addon channel. There is no raid addon channel in LFR or BGs. That explains the "not in raid" message, but not the party message, unless SendAddonMessage has some sort of smart coding that defaults to PARTY if IsInRaid() is false, which would account for party and solo.

You should be able to fix the issue in this thread by going into your addons folder, opening AceEvent-2.0.lua found in AutoBar/libs/AceEvent-2.0, scrolling to the bottom, and deleting the three lines you see above.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2017-05-27 at 05:25 AM.

Yep, that seems to have fixed it. Removed those lines, and the message no longer pops up. Doesn't seem to have adversely affected the addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.

Here's my results. I'm having the same problem and it only happens when I am in an instance, I believe. I had to take a screenshot as notepad++ wouldn't let me copy over the directory info in the search results, just the code. I'd love to know what is causing this. It's very annoying. I think mmo champ resizes images, so right click > open in new tab to view full size version.

making a hook on the function call might help, it should print the prefix the addon is using:
    /run hooksecurefunc("SendAddonMessage", function(...) local a=select(1, ...); print(a); end);
    if you don't catch, try with the chat message:
    /run hooksecurefunc("SendChatMessage", function(...) local a=select(1, ...); print(a); end);

10+ Year Old Account
    All I get is LOOT_OPENED and ZPerlVersion showing up in chat.

The problem is you included "PARTY" in the search string for some reason. LOOT_OPENED is the old Ace2 message, so you have the exact same issue as the OP. You just need to find the addon using it. Do a search for SendAddonMessage and an Ace2 library should show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like it's an old version of Xloot that I refuse to update because the new version is a flaming pile of dogshit.

This is the code, how do I fix it?

if GetRealNumRaidMembers() > 0 or GetRealNumPartyMembers() > 0 then SendAddonMessage("LOOT_OPENED", "", "RAID") end

Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    how do I fix it?
    Update it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update it.
    Guess you missed this part.

Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    It looks like it's an old version of Xloot that I refuse to update because the new version is a flaming pile of dogshit.