Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Summer Football and Transfer Thread 2017

Everything summer football and transfer related here!

Just a reminder, try to provide credible sources to transfer rumours.

A few things to discuss:

Who do you want your team to sign?
    Who do you want your team to get rid of?
    What positions need strengthening?
    Most overrated transfer target?

As with any football thread, the usual rules and banter topics apply here too.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-06-03 at 10:31 PM.

Andrea Belotti or Alvaro Morata.
    A quality right WB
    Nainggolan
    Dybala, to partner Hazard

Matic.

Right Wing-Back
    Centre Midfield

Lukaku
    That Monaco midfielder we're being linked to

I just want to keep all of our players and keep a good coach for a few years.

15+ Year Old Account
    I definitely agree about Lukaku. I REALLY hope United don't sign him (as I've read a rumor here and there him being linked, nothing substantial though luckily).

Nainggolan is proper good though, if you lot manage to get him I'll be bloody jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope we sign a boatload of players. Our current squad would struggle to get 15 points

I heard Wenger's got his eye on a young Chinese lad, by the name of Fa Kin No Wan.

Debuchy
    Gabriel
    Sanogo (announced as leaving)
    Wilshere
    Jenkinson
    Campbell

Left Back (already signed)
    Midfield (Cazorla-esque player)

If Alexis leaves - striker
    If Ozil leaves - midfielder

Mbappe. 130 mil you having a bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    We've got McHugh from Falkirk and (more importantly) got contract extensions for some key players.

Hopefully get a new GK.

Another promotion push please Morton!

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking hell of a trek for our pre-season friendly.

Dani Alves
    Ryan Sessegnon
    Moussa Dembele (The Celtic one) Not only a good back up for Kane but we could sing "Two Moussa Dembeles, theres only two Moussa Dembeles"..
    Gylfi Siggurdson

Although I would settle for noone in and noone out and a fit Lamela

Sissoko
    Jansen has more to offer I am sure so hope we dont dump him yet.
    Walker if he wants to go, we have a good replacement thats better at crossing and covers as much ground (nearly)

Not desperate for anything if noone leaves
    Nice to have squad depth cover for Erikson and Center backs

Mbappe
    Costa
    James

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Arsene Wenger, Olivier Giroud, Walcott, Per Mertesacker

David De Gea

None Europa Champions

John Terry

Someone looks like that Sheffield fan with "promotion push" talk.

Anyway, like every year for 3 or 4 now, Sporting is in risk of losing it's 3 oldest and most valuable players, Rui Patricio, Adrien Silva and William Carvalho. Hope none of them leave or just one max.

What we need is good wingers, there's some talks about Coentrão, not sure how i feel about it even if it becomes true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Griezemann, but it's not happening.
    Bale.
    James.

Rooney.
    Fellaini.

Defensive Midfield. Need another Carrick.
    Actual proven striker to replace Ibra, since he seems to not be coming back.

Lukaku. Massively over rated, not Champions League material, no idea why he's linked with big clubs at all.

Deleted
    Conti
    Bertrand Traore
    Kurt Zouma
    Moussa Dembele (Celtic)

Lacazette
    Tolisso

If the cunts want out - let them go.

Defence and center forward

For us? Who knows - our club seems to buy players that look shit and turn out well and vice versa.
    Overall: Lukaku and arguably Mbappé (one is a donkey and the other has had 6 months)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Conti
    Bertrand Traore
    Kurt Zouma
    Moussa Dembele (Celtic)
    With Christensen coming back and Terry leaving, I wouldn't mind loaning Zouma out for a season to get his fitness / ability back after the ligament damage.

U-20 WC Quarter-Finals, after 90 great minutes, Portugal 2-2 Uruguay. Extra-Time and then Penalties, all good till there.

Then in every fucking Portuguese penalty the Uruguay GK is clearly saying things to the Portuguese players, referee does nothing. In the last penalty, that the Portuguese missed, the Uruguay GK was LITERALLY screaming at the Portuguese player over and over again, you could hear it loud and clear on TV.

Got salty more because of the GK than losing to Uruguay overall because it was an awesome game. That fucktard didn't deserve to win anything in his life, leave a lone a WC game. If i was there i would beat the shit out of him.

Deleted
    He's a beefy player but hopefully Mammana will be the brains in defence.

Michael Carrick's testimonial is on TV.

Really good line ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Benfica sold its excellent goal keeper to Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    U-20 WC Quarter-Finals, after 90 great minutes, Portugal 2-2 Uruguay. Extra-Time and then Penalties, all good till there.

Then in every fucking Portuguese penalty the Uruguay GK is clearly saying things to the Portuguese players, referee does nothing. In the last penalty, that the Portuguese missed, the Uruguay GK was LITERALLY screaming at the Portuguese player over and over again, you could hear it loud and clear on TV.

Got salty more because of the GK than losing to Uruguay overall because it was an awesome game. That fucktard didn't deserve to win anything in his life, leave a lone a WC game. If i was there i would beat the shit out of him.
    It's a shame that the games are so late (early depending on perspective) for me to watch here. I've always enjoyed the U20 tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'll agree with most of that list Firebane but not Traore. Most of the season he was meh.

Sanchez, new winger and can play as a striker aswell AND we really need one to help Lewa with the goal scoring since it looks like Müller doesn't score in this system. A good RB aswell but can't really come to think of one specific, saw the Nice RB Team of the Season card on FIFA and it looks good but maybe that's a bad way to rate a player.

Costa won't get that much playing time if we sign Sanchez and I think Ancelotti has bigger plans for Coman and Robben will probably get some games next year if he keeps this form so I would say getting rid of Costa would be the best option, getting some money aswell.

I know we need a RB but I just hate Rafinha so I wouldn't mind seeing him leave.

Younger wingers and a good backup for Lewandowski and then a RB. As long as no defenders leave I think we will have a hell of a defence. Kimmich and Sanches will fill in for Alonso but rumours about Sanches leaving.

Hmm I want to say something different so I will say Aubameyang. Surely not the most overrated but IMO he could have problems in a high rated team. In Dortmund he excels because the play fast (counter) attacking football and I'm not sure he would do so well in a team that controls most of the match but maybe I'm just salty Bayern got knocked out by them.