Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caralhoPT View Post
    considering this is basically Frances golden generation.
    what?

lol.....

this generation isn't half as good as the 98/2000 teams or as "golden" as the Platini era....

if the 2010 WC rings a bell for me? did you read my post or just parts of it? you bolded a part and wrote basically exactly what I said in the sentence next to it....

.... I'm happy if they get past the 8th next WC. what a fuckin golden generation for France when you think about other generation that won it all ........... please stop caralho.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-07-21 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is no Golden generation, they're a top 10 in the world side. 98/2000 were THE top side by some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    what?

lol.....

this generation isn't half as good as the 98/2000 teams or as "golden" as the Platini era....

if the 2010 WC rings a bell for me? did you read my post or just parts of it? you bolded a part and wrote basically exactly what I said in the sentence next to it....

.... I'm happy if they get past the 8th next WC. what a fuckin golden generation for France when you think about other generation that won it all ........... please stop caralho.
    Using excessive periods isn't making your point. It only makes you look like an absolute mong. Golden generations aren't an absolute - they come and go. Their current squad qualifies as such. Stop trying to compare them to teams of the past - that was never my intention.

Deleted
    Zidane is a national treasure.

Pogba is a figure of ridicule.

Know the difference.

Still a long way to go before we can consider this current crop of players a golden generation.

Deleted
    Liverpool spunked £10M for Andy Robertson.

Not even Scotland's best LB behind Kieran Tierney.

Deleted
    James Milner couldn't play there forever.

German friends - do we even have any? - how good is Naby Keita? Liverpool seem hellbent on getting him, nobody else seems interested and the money involved is ludicrous.
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2017-07-21 at 03:34 PM.

Golden Generation is a marketing sham anyway. Just because you have some good players doesn't make it a golden generation

Anyway, looks more and more likely that the Neymar deal will really happen. It'll be interesting to see what Barca do with the money. If it is to get someone like Dembele, then it'll be a good deal. If it's Paulinho...lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

German friends - do we even have any? - how good is Naby Keita? Liverpool seem hellbent on getting him, nobody else seems interested and the money involved is ludicrous.
    Not German but watched RB Leipzig due to Oliver Burke playing for them. Good player, but no danger worth the asking price purported.

10+ Year Old Account
    The English 'Golden Generation' of the mid 00's isn't even as good as the squad 10 years before it. That term is just a stupid journalist cliche.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The English 'Golden Generation' of the mid 00's isn't even as good as the squad 10 years before it. That term is just a stupid journalist cliche.
    Equally cringy is the 'Class of 92'

Followed by the '67 Lisbon Lions that Celtic fans never stop reminding us of.

- - - Updated - - -

£60M for Morata http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40667600

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

I don't watch any other Bundesliga games other than Bayern's but if I remember correctly he was ranked the second best midfielder last season after Thiago. A very well rounded midfielder and I think he was like Leipzig's best player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be laughing my ass off if Neymar does in-fact sign for PSG. Kid will basically be throwing his career in the toilet. Apparently, he hates playing second fiddle to Messi over at Barca which is why he wants to leave. WTF?!?! What did he expect when he signed for them in 2013?

So he wants to be the star of the club. I see him going the way of Robinho (he left RM because they signed C.Ronaldo). Fucking Brazilians and their shitty mentality..
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-07-22 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caralhoPT View Post
    I'll be laughing my ass off if Neymar does in-fact sign for PSG. Kid will basically be throwing his career in the toilet. Apparently, he hates playing second fiddle to Messi over at Barca which is why he wants to leave. WTF?!?! What did he expect when he signed for them in 2013?

So he wants to be the star of the club. I see him going the way of Robinho (he left RM because they signed C.Ronaldo). Fucking Brazilians and their shitty mentality..
    Did Neymar tell you that personally? It all sounds like click bait bs but if it did happen it would be because of money not because of this second fiddle nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Did Neymar tell you that personally? It all sounds like click bait bs but if it did happen it would be because of money not because of this second fiddle nonsense.
    You're probably right.

In other news: Monaco are demanding €190m for Mbappe. I guess it's nothing more than a deterrent. Nobody is going to pay that ridiculous sum for a gamble at best. Good, he still needs 3-4 years before making the big move.

Deleted
    Anyone watching the Chelsea vs Arsenal game?

Pretty sure they are growing rice on that pitch. Be as well playing the game at Cappielow.

I've seen cows kept on better quality grass
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Lol. Giroud isn't even in the squad and they are trying to sub him in.

Deleted
    Chelsea giving them the buisness, much like Palace did to West Brom...in an empty stadium...for no reason...

Lacazette was really poor.

Bats is clearly the better striker.
    Should have had a hat trick.

Deleted
    You'd think with a sell out stadium the Chinese would make a bit more noise.

Near silence when a goal gets scored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Lacazette was really poor.

Bats is clearly the better striker.
    Should have had a hat trick.
    I think Lacazette will take a while to gel; but he's definitely going to suit Arsenal's style.