Minimums for Prot Pally Art Challenge?

I play my Ret predominantly, but absolutely love the Protection "Morning Star" challenge appearance. Im not a raid tank, mainly doing dungeons and LFR heroing but in Prot Form I am at about 900-4 equipped ilvl with 45 traits into prot now.

I have a ton of solid DPS trinkets from my Ret side, Arcano@869/Ele Foci@910 etc.

But for legendaries, I have only Boots/Chest/Neck (the rest being Ret specific).

What is the min. I should start hitting this challenge with and specifically what legendaries are absolutely essential?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    I play my Ret predominantly, but absolutely love the Protection "Morning Star" challenge appearance. Im not a raid tank, mainly doing dungeons and LFR heroing but in Prot Form I am at about 900-4 equipped ilvl with 45 traits into prot now.

I have a ton of solid DPS trinkets from my Ret side, Arcano@869/Ele Foci@910 etc.

But for legendaries, I have only Boots/Chest/Neck (the rest being Ret specific).

What is the min. I should start hitting this challenge with and specifically what legendaries are absolutely essential?

thanks!
    You and I are in the same boat: mainly Ret, but kinda want the other Challenge appearances.

From what I've heard, the legendary pants and ring, Tyelca, Ferren Marcus's Stature + Sephuz's Secret, are the legendaries you need.

In fact, here's a youtube video someone uploaded that should be helpful.
    Last edited by Krek01; 2017-05-23 at 02:59 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There was some info on the front page about the challenge skins a few days ago. Average ilevel for prot one was 913 and it was one of the least completed. That includes pre-nerf attempts though. It is probably doable with a lot of perseverance and practice, it just depends how badly you want it!

Not sure if this is applicable for Pallys but for the Guardian challenge you can tag Variss and pull him near Velen by outranging him. Once he is in melee range Velen will auto-attack for insane dmg. Velen ended up doing 15M dmg to Variss when I completed the challenge(Variss only has 35M health for bears). Not much help but it reduces the amount of time you're in phase 1 and chances to die from phase 1 mechanics. I was able to reliably get into phase 2 quickly and safely and eventually after a couple tries Kruul died.

Hope this helps.

For pally you really want sephuz, 2 dps trinkets and need to spec seraphim. My goal was to push out of p1 without using my 2nd wings so I had it, sephuzs, seraphim pot and drums to burst the boss as much as possible. I also used a 905 Gift of radiance from HoV for the extra stun and specced FoJ to delay stacks as much as possble.

Try to keep seraphim and sephuzs lined up.
    I was fine being liberal with light orbs in p2 to keep him from applying 1st anni stack until late in the phase.

My Ilvl at the time was ~910 so the dps checks I made may not be available to you.

I did it with ilvl 909 or something, but I mainly died due to flying off the platform from infernals So my tip is, that you have some Goblin Gliders in your Inventory, that you can use in p2, when you are about to fly off the platform. Gives you a little cheat death and maybe enough time to kill Krul

Second is, that if you can't kill Variss without your 2nd Wings, you need to wait. you can't trigger p2 without your wings or you aren't able to do the damage check of krul. Then you really need to look at your CDs for the annihilation.

1. SotR
    2. Ardent
    3. bubbletaunt
    4. shield wall + sotr
    5. ardent
    6. Hoptaunt

If you haven't kill him by now you prolly are going to die. You can only save a 3 Orbs (you can have only 3 I think), so everytime you casts his annihilate, that you interrupt him with an orb, till you have ardent ready again.

And try to anticipate the jump, so you can pre-freedom yourself

If you can't deal properly with p1, you really need to step up your game, because p2 is way harder than p1.

Greetz

I did it with the Chest and Tank ring, 905 ilvl and 43 traits. I can imagine the legs being pretty good. But with the nerf to the adds I really don't think it's required for the encounter. All about doing the mechanics and surviving 4th and maybe even 5th annihilation. Takes a lot of attempts to get used to the encounter. Make sure you have the weakauras too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulzer View Post
    I did it with the Chest and Tank ring, 905 ilvl and 43 traits. I can imagine the legs being pretty good. But with the nerf to the adds I really don't think it's required for the encounter. All about doing the mechanics and surviving 4th and maybe even 5th annihilation. Takes a lot of attempts to get used to the encounter. Make sure you have the weakauras too!
    Is there a set of weakauras for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did mine @ 901 ilvl. Legendaries used were Tyelca+Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish.

Talents: 2-1-1-2-1-3-2. Seraphim, First Avenger, Cavalier, HoTP and Blessed Hammer are REQUIREMENTS. FoJ and Blinding Light can be switched out. I highly suggest FoJ though. Do not suggest Consecrated Ground. Personal opinion.

Do as much DPS as you can to Inquis as possible. Drop consecration on Velen whenever you need to drop stacks. DO. NOT. FOCUS. EYES. Get good at facing them. I probably didn't use a single ability on the eyes whatsoever. When you get to the point where the eyes start beaming you from two entirely different directions, either face the one that's gonna kill you/fuck you up hella and let the other one knock you back, or use an orb to disorientate the entire arena and drop stacks or return to DPSing Inquis.

Kruul. Get good at using Blessing of Freedom. Interrupt the casted ability as much as you possibly can, if you fuck up and let it go off you HAVE to bum rush an orb to drop the debuff. Mitigation rotation for Annihilation should be 1-SoTR 2-EoTyr+SoTR 3-Guardian+SoTR 4-AD+heal 5-BoP 6-Bubble. If the boss isn't dead by that point, you are not going to kill him.

You need either legs or sephuz legendaries and 2 solid DPS trinkets. And to get really, really, REALLY good at dodging the knockoffs. I suggest a weakaura for it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedfuture View Post
    Did mine @ 901 ilvl. Legendaries used were Tyelca+Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish.
    You need either legs or sephuz legendaries and 2 solid DPS trinkets. And to get really, really, REALLY good at dodging the knockoffs. I suggest a weakaura for it.

Good luck.
    I'm looking for the pants legendary, but have Sephuz and Kil'Jaden. As for the other trinket, would a 910 crit stat stick work, or could an 885 Crystalline Scorpid trinket work for some of the adds?

Which is better? Pants + Ring, or Ring + Trinket?

For what it's worth,i completed it at ilvl 902 using Sephuz and the pants with full on ret gear. Took over 200 attempts but by God I'll smash your face with my flail if you laugh at me! Lol