Upgrading current computer

Hello folks, below is the specs of my current build for my desktop. I currently get like 20fps in Dalaran and my buddy said WOW is CPU intensive so I'm looking to upgrade my CPU and motherboard. I started playing WOW again about 30 days ago and I can't stand the 20fps in Dalaran so looking to upgrade. I would like to add that I do use this computer to play other game such as league of legends and most new (AAA,) games that come out. I'm ok with computers but my big fear in doing this myself if I really don't know what would be compatible with what I have and am looking for. My budget for a CPU and motherboard is about $600 USD. Also, the reason why I'm updating the motherboard is because it's old and I plan on giving it to my brother.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 3770K 3.5GHz
    Motherboard: P8Z77-V LX
    RAM: corsair dominator platinum 16gb (2x8gb) ddr3 2133mhz
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 840 pro SSD
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5, RGB LED, 10CM FAN, 10 Power Phases, Double BIOS, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6276-KR

If you got CMAA or SSAA 4x + CMAA running no wonder but the i7 3770K is still a good CPU that will last a few years more.
    You dont need to upgrade atm maybe a better CPU cooler if you want to overclock.

Definetely overclock your CPU. Also you have that EVGA card affected by VRM overheating it seems, so be careful with overclocking your GPU.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Thank you, both for the reply. I actually upgraded my CPU cooler to the corsair h115i late last year. I have no idea how to overclock and don't wanna mess something up or break a part trying to attempt that. My thing now is I mainly started to play wow and yeah getting the 30fps or lower in Dalaran is annoying to the say the least. I mean money isn't really a problem for me getting a new motherboard and CPU since I want my brother to start playing again and since he doesn't have a working desktop atm.

I would like to add that I do not have any option selected for anti-aliasing.
    Last edited by flatoutvincent; 2017-05-24 at 01:48 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should post which setting you are using because I'm running fine in every zone and my spec is definitely worse than yours (i'm running stock frequency in the summer)

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    You should post which setting you are using because I'm running fine in every zone and my spec is definitely worse than yours (i'm running stock frequency in the summer)
    I can't post the Imgur link as I'm still new but here is what you would add to after the .com /a/8xBDF

You probably had some background tasks going on, 20 FPS is low even with a busy dalaran. Download HWmonitor and make sure your CPU is ramping all the way up under load (you can just use the CPU-Z built in benchmark to put a load on your CPU). Also try high performance mode in windows power options.

Okay Fascinate, I did both and will let you know later on today how everything went.

Fascinate I ran the test but yeah idk what I'm looking at.
    Last edited by flatoutvincent; 2017-05-24 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flatoutvincent View Post
    I can't post the Imgur link as I'm still new but here http://imgur.com/a/8xBDF
    Best way to figure out what might be causing the issue, start by closing every background program i.e Web browser, 3rd party antivirus. Even set your blizzard launcher to close on game start in the settings of the launcher. Set a 1 on the slider, mess with each option, set it to max and see what dips your FPS the hardest. Keep the higher drains low. Things like shaders, filters lighting and water physics are going to be the bigger drains. Another thing, I'm not sure if this is still a problem, but Dalaran specifically as a city is rough to load. Environmental distance and detail may be a big contributor to the FPS drop. Most places in game only have to render on the top half of the z-axis. Dalaran however loads all directions as its a floating city.
    Last edited by teamkiller; 2017-05-24 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Modified imgur link so others can access it easy

Quote Originally Posted by flatoutvincent View Post
    Okay Fascinate, I did both and will let you know later on today how everything went.

Fascinate I ran the test but yeah idk what I'm looking at.
    Load up HWmonitor and CPU-z, start benchmark on CPU-z and look at CPU frequency tabs on HWmonitor, the cores should be in the 3500-3900mhz range (i forget what they boost to at stock). This will at least tell you your CPU is working properly.

Thank you, both for your responses I will do that tomorrow before or after my class.