(Guardian) Survival of the Fittest+Brambles build worth it with Oakheart ?

I recently switched to Guadian main spec from balance. Oakheart is my 2nd actually useful tank legendary so I can't really replace it (and stats are really good).

I know the item kinda suck but since I mainly do MM+ and don't really raid, would a Survival of the fittest+Bramble build be superior (in terms of DPS and tankiness) to the normal Blood Frenzy Guardian of Elune build in mythic plus ? I feel like Oakheart Puny Quods is really useless without this build.

Since you went Balance first, there's a chance you might have KJBW (DPS Trinket) or LATC (Shoulders). If so, these are actually really valuable.

Trinket: Pair it with Rage of the Sleeper and a ton of adds for a nice healing burst. Also helpful on a fight with priority mobs.
    LATC: Pair with Galatic Guardian and your DPS skyrockets pretty nicely. Also makes pulling/ranged aggro very nice. LATC works even on the passive procs of GG, as well as your active casts and the active proc (note the bonus direct damage does NOT hit the second target).

If you happen to have those, they easily beat out Oakheart. Oak's okay for emergency defensives, but it also turns Barkskin into an emergency defensive cooldown which it wasn't really meant to be. That's just me, a main Balance who off-specs Guardian, that has a bias against it.

If you don't, Prydaz, Sephuz (even if you can't proc it), and Ekowraith are all better than Oakheart's.

That said, with the upcoming patch and removal of MoU for Maul being an actually usable rage dump, Oakheart's might be decently better offensively for single target fights. It'll always lose to Luffa but it'll at least be better than it is now.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-05-23 at 02:19 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah I wish I had the shoulder, they look insane with GG. I completely forgot I had sephuz and I really wanted my brand new legendary to work but oh well. Thanks for the reply

i use latc + belt for gaurdian with GG, brambles, and survival. i pull alotta dps. tank is my off spec, i almost broke a mil on my mythic skorp kill. also i do alotta dps in m+, tanked a 16 and a 17 yesterday, cleared the 60 in like 25 min, the 17 EoA went over timer tho because the 2 hunters kept dying on last boss to dumb stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedz View Post
    i use latc + belt for gaurdian
    Shittidaria is okay specifically for M+ weeks where you can chain pull (no Necrotic, Bolstering, Bursting, etc). Pulling more mobs then popping a thrash or two can really heal you up. Granted if you're that hurt and pulling more mobs, not the best idea.

Honestly, the belt is simply outclassed by so many other legendaries, even moreso if you're another spec (like Balance).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Normal blood frenzy build .... what? why? Either there is a lot of damage, then you run bristling, or there isn't (and there usually isn't) and you run Brambles. Survival of the fittest is kinda nice in M+ anyway and it synergizes with your setup, so go for it. Oakhearts will still be useless, but slightly less so.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only worth to be found in Oakhearts is that once you get it, your chances at a real legendary increase.