Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Horde 3 out of 4 WQ types become will become obsolete with AP changes

So, for those who have hit concordance point, after nerfing AK to 40, there is no even theoretical way to continue accumulating meaningful AP amounts to advance in concordance points.
    There are four major rewards and two minor from WQs

AP
    Gold
    Item
    Garrison Resource
    -
    Pet tokens
    Prof Resources

Doing AP token WQs will be waste of time (since you can not reasonable expect to gain something from it)
    Those who hit 52 points most likely already have excessive amount of order resources (100k+)
    Those who hit 52 points are definitely not in need for 860/65 items
    Gold rewards are so miniscule, that you'd be better sending your order hall champions for ~2k gold runs then doing 90/120/occasional raid 700g quests.

Pet tokens = lol.
    Prof resources are so few and far between that their effect is minuscule.

Blizzard has effectively killed all incentive to do WQs for pretty much everyone who hit 52 points

-
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    snip
    I was thinking about that. I am currently at 51 and a half. Atleast for my main spec, which is holy. After I gain concordance I will go full into retri. Meanwhile I am sure as hell not going to do those "green" AP quests anymore. I sure as hell won't do Resources. I already don't do pet battle token thingies and I stopped doing "item"-reward WQ, simply because I raid. There is next to 0 chance to gain an upgrade. And Gold I don't need.

So what would be left for me?
    1. Blue AP tokens as long as it lasts for my retrispec and maybe for my prot spec.
    2. .... nope .. that would be it. Well maybe broken shore and invasion WQ that provide you with those shards you can turn in for items which has a chance for a legendary.

i am on 52 traits and everything that is left for me now again outside of raids are invasions because of the netherShards and one m10 each week.
    That sucks, looks like WoD all over again.

Deleted
    Dunno about you but I'm constantly looking between the sofa cushions for some more order resources.

Also this flat out removes our last order hall research usefulness. since we don't get anything from AP any more.
    zug zug

At trait 53 i only do wq that are the fastest, kill one boss or something.
    Other than that, just daily caches to catch up rep and get the mounts, and pet charms.

Concordence isnt the greatest trait, and since we all know its impossible to cap (well, reasonably) there really isnt a reason to grind ap.
    And i salute that.

Thing is, the knowledge cap really doesnt do much...
    Traits will now take about 10 times longer than previously calculated... Yea, but... After first concordence, it barely makes a difference.

Madness will consume you!!!

I guess this is the part where you should realise that you're addicted and playing absurdly too much.

Dunno about you but I'm constantly looking between the sofa cushions for some more order resources.
    I used to, before i got that legendary from command center on my follower and after that within week i went from 5-6k OR to 100k+ and i can not reasonably expect to use them on something apart from missions and 3 tokens weekly.
    zug zug

I don't really get this change. Nerf the future so we'll have stuff to do now... but be bored later. Or, be bored now and have a lot still to do later? I don't really see who this helps. The casuals who aren't at Concordance? Well, they're the ones who benefit the most from the time-gating content. The hardcores who are already 2 or 3 points into Concordance? They were already going to hit a cap and be reasonably done anyway?

There's a lot of complaining going on (generally by casuals, their largest player-base) under the hotfixes post, so I just don't get this change like at all.

So there's going to be no reason to do most WQs, most M+, and our OH upgrade is useless, as well as slower grinding for alts that would still find this stuff valuable...
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2017-05-23 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    arm bodyguard with +250 order resources (100+100+50) per wq and and never worry about them ever again .

Some WQs will become irrelevant? Zomg how will you do your pointless daily chores that require no skills !? Time to find another facebook game.

Don't forget the incentive of getting rep, to keep opening paragon chests, to try to get the one rare drop from each faction.

All I've got so far is the Wardens toy. I'm sure I'll be 40 AK and AP looking worthless before I get all the toy/pet/mount drops.

So what does it change having "only" 40 ak instead of 50? Is going to AK 50 makes those WQ magicaly more interesting? no? Why are you complaining about ak 40?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Was there ever a meaningful point in advancing concordance? What I gathered from the other thread on this topic, the increase was pretty meaningless to begin with and the idea to ever max it was ridiculous even with AK 50?
    Well, yes, but still some kind of illusion of progression a carrot of kind, and i was hoping to get ~10 points into my prot spec, just because i could. Now i'll just dump 4 more points into my ret and be done with it.
    Plus AP was kind of consolation prize if your M+10/15 run did not Tforge item you wanted, now it is gone.
    Pinnacle of your OH research is now obsolete (for experienced players / mains that is)
    Mage tower buffs are useless
    1 out of 3 Elite missions is useless
    Doing M+15 for AP boost is now useless
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    zug zug

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Concordance was intentionally designed to never be completed, I see no problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Was there ever a meaningful point in advancing concordance? What I gathered from the other thread on this topic, the increase was pretty meaningless to begin with and the idea to ever max it was ridiculous even with AK 50?
    After 52 it is indeed borderline useless to go higher.
    Blizzard also made the cap so high that it is impossible to reach it. But because "people", they MUST grind it no matter what!!!!1111!1!

Even w/o AK nerf only rare (elite) AP WQs and prob prof WQs, if you have something like JC and it's PITA to get last few points naturally, are worth doing atm.

So AK nerf changes nothing...

The thread is not about concordance, it is about world (non-raid) content getting obsolete.
    zug zug

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, for those who have hit concordance point, after nerfing AK to 40, there is no even theoretical way to continue accumulating meaningful AP amounts to advance in concordance points.
    There are four major rewards and two minor from WQs

AP
    Gold
    Item
    Garrison Resource
    -
    Pet tokens
    Prof Resources

Doing AP token WQs will be waste of time (since you can not reasonable expect to gain something from it)
    Those who hit 52 points most likely already have excessive amount of order resources (100k+)
    Those who hit 52 points are definitely not in need for 860/65 items
    Gold rewards are so miniscule, that you'd be better sending your order hall champions for ~2k gold runs then doing 90/120/occasional raid 700g quests.

Pet tokens = lol.
    Prof resources are so few and far between that their effect is minuscule.

Blizzard has effectively killed all incentive to do WQs for pretty much everyone who hit 52 points

-
    They also gave a swift kick in the nuts to the alt-unfriendly argument, IMO.

Well, yes, but still some kind of illusion of progression a carrot of kind, and i was hoping to get ~10 points into my prot spec, just because i could. Now i'll just dump 4 more points into my ret and be done with it.
    Plus AP was kind of consolation prize if your M+10/15 run did not Tforge item you wanted, now it is gone.
    Pinnacle of your OH research is now obsolete (for experienced players / mains that is)
    Mage tower buffs are useless
    1 out of 3 Elite missions is useless
    Doing M+15 for AP boost is now useless
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This doesn't really change anything though correct? It just moves up the timetable to when these were going to happen regardless outside of how many points people going to try and get into concordance. 2 months or whatever it would have been from 40 to 50?