Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Eh, with 125 gold per WQ, items to disenchant and some blood of sargeras, not to mention caches they are still worth it.

Eh what? It will still be one of the best ways to get AP. I mean it's not like m+ will get better relative since that also scales with AK. Will people still grind AP after cap? Well that's another question. Even though the dps/hour spent in grinding AP is minimal, the difference will still be noticable in the end compared to someone who doesn't play at all.

I had already backed off doing most of them anyway. I was ready for a break. If I feel like putzing around doing world stuff, maybe over morning coffee, I mostly farm nethershards by farming rares and chests (Sentinax gets boring faster, imho).

We'll see what happens when ToS comes out. It's pretty here in the mountains this time of year, and I appreciate more time to play outdoors.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

People complained that grinding AP is too important, which is why they've done this. Now that they've done this, people once again have a problem with it?

The point is that any additional gains from artifact levels beyond level 52 are incredibly small, while also taking incredibly long to level. The outcome of it is that you don't have to farm AP like mad, which is one of the things that players complained about the most. Yet, if you still decide to do so, you will have a very small advantage over others, which won't drastically affect your progression through any of the game's content.

That being said, Blizzard have listened to the complaining and done this, satisfying both those that though they had to farm AP to get somewhere in the game and those that farmed the hell out of it. You shouldn't complain about AP.

Deleted
    OP aint wrong.. With the reduction in Artifact knowlege it also loweres the usefullness of AP since it gives SO little it is pointless. i mean hahahahaha, IT even makes the worse order hall upgrade even worse. yaaaah small chance of getting 2 times nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything they make, they also make it completely obsolete in 5 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    People complained that grinding AP is too important, which is why they've done this. Now that they've done this, people once again have a problem with it?

The point is that any additional gains from artifact levels beyond level 52 are incredibly small, while also taking incredibly long to level. The outcome of it is that you don't have to farm AP like mad, which is one of the things that players complained about the most. Yet, if you still decide to do so, you will have a very small advantage over others, which won't drastically affect your progression through any of the game's content.

That being said, Blizzard have listened to the complaining and done this, satisfying both those that though they had to farm AP to get somewhere in the game and those that farmed the hell out of it. You shouldn't complain about AP.
    You explained it very well but they don't accept the fact or understand as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Everyone who does meaningful raid content? (not LFR or normal)
    EN M was balanced around 3 golden traints, ToV M around first paragon and so on.
    My guild clears Heroic and we dabble casually in Mythic, tackling Botanist now. Does that count as meaningful?

Never felt the pressure to have the artifact at a certain level. Unless you are a top10 player, you get more DPS gain out of improving your skill and gear than fretting about the artifact traits.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

Well I think people have hard time decide how much they should play now. Before it was easier because there was a reachable cap. Now it's like "either I don't play at all except raids and lose 2% dps to those who farm AP 24/7" or "play casual and lose 1% dps compared to those who farm AP 24/7". The incentive to play is so small for those who do their wqs farm old raids etc. Those who play hardcore probably don't mind since they'll do it anyway. And raidloggers probably like this aswell since they can play other games in between raids.

I stopped doing WQs when i got exalted with Legionfall anyway.

hopefully ppl realized that they changed the book for alts from ak 35 to ak 40. NOW that change make A LOT more sense.

in short: after your main reaching max AK all your alts can reach max AK instantly.

source https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-67

Deleted
    I've started to level my off spec weapons to get Concordance on those. I'm still missing two Legendaries for Frost (BiS Gloves and multispec boots), so doing the caches is still worth it. Once I max out the off specs I guess I'll just scale back my game time and play something else for a while outside of raids. Or I could get going on finishing my Fishing Artifact
    Last edited by mmoc22ed96abf2; 2017-05-23 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Dunno about you but I'm constantly looking between the sofa cushions for some more order resources.
    got 150k of em sitting around despite dumping 3500 per week into bonus rolls

I've got 250k+ resources and I'm at 52+ traits but I'm still doing some of the easier WQ's (kill one mob etc) for the paragon boxes, although I might give up on them soon aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

The AP grind is -extra-, it is content without being content. I don't mind it, it has spiced things up a bit in Legion but in no way is this any worse than any previous expansion. It's something extra to do if you can be bothered (once it is at that point that is, the buildup is meaningful ofc), not something mandatory, exactly as it should be. I have no beef with this change.

I see a PvP noob.

I was already only doing emissary 4 WQ and the fastest ones at that, plus the PvP ones. I'm at 52... I guess once I'm ak40 and concordance reaches a point where it's useless to farm I just won't prioritize ap wq of the four that I do. No biggie. Might get vengeance to the new golden trait or something as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    The thread is not about concordance, it is about world (non-raid) content getting obsolete.
    Nothing changed in that other then that it happens around one and a half month earlier then it would've otherwise?

You don't just do world quests for the gold from your combat companion?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I hit Concordance, and will still do the 'big' AP World Quests on my main but for his offspec. I probably won't return to levelling Concordance until 1-2 more AK but the main goal will be his offspec.

I'll spend some more time though with my 2 alts whose AK is up to point.

Regards pet rewards (nice to see them remembered!) that's actually my disappointment... ;( I've hit the 'Family Familiar' achievement and currently don't see a great reason to revisit most Pet WQs except the Broken Isles ones. The pet WQs on Broken Isles give nice pet EXP, are quick and still reward faction Rep though no Nethershards (boo!).

Good call though OP, I'm guessing Blizzard is happy for the Concordance demographic (@AK36~37) to chill off from WQs for a while (?) or expect most of us to use the AP for offspecs or Alts. Cheers

EDIT: maybe if Order Hall resources were made more useful then perhaps those WQs could be more interesting?
    Last edited by risingforce; 2017-05-23 at 10:31 AM.