Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

do you listen to wow music while playing/grinding?

for a decade or more, i never listened to the music in wow.
    i stopped listening not long after i arrived in SW for the 1st time in vanilla.
    tbh, that music as you walked through the gates for the 1st time, in a brand new game was pretty awesome.
    but after, it started to annoy me. so much i never listened to any of it, until earlier when i thought i would give it another go.
    im curious to know if others still listen even after all these years, or others who gave up listening a long time ago?

I only have volume on when it's a cut scene. I usually have chaturbate on the other screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Yes, I have all in-game sound turned on, although I use an addon which automatically replaces the music in any boss fight with tracks I've selected.

Games without sound feel empty and boring to me, I could never play WoW without sound.

Back in wotlk I had it turned off all the time, but when cataclysm came out I put back on and never turned it off again, unless I listen to some songs, which is not a lot of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on, what I'm doing ingame. For questing, raiding/dungeons I have the music on. While doing Legion Invasions with alts or farming something I listen to audiobooks.

Never listen to the music, but grinding without someone to talk to on teamspeak et al. is unbearable.

I've played WoW with the master volume turned down to 15% since Wrath. When new quest content comes out I'll turn it up for new dialogue but otherwise I listen to podcasts or music while playing.

Never played with in-game sound, prefer listening to death metal all the way ;-)

Sometimes audiobooks or podcasts while doing chill stuff!
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

i have it always turned off, but now i think this is the reason i always quit wow because i get bored... maybe the music is what is missing for me?? will try it today lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to Blizzards score how can I not listen. Hell, I would go so far as to say I like to leave just the ambience on
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    for a decade or more, i never listened to the music in wow.
    i stopped listening not long after i arrived in SW for the 1st time in vanilla.
    tbh, that music as you walked through the gates for the 1st time, in a brand new game was pretty awesome.
    but after, it started to annoy me. so much i never listened to any of it, until earlier when i thought i would give it another go.
    im curious to know if others still listen even after all these years, or others who gave up listening a long time ago?
    Same here, I don't think i've listened to the music since I started playing 8 years ago!

Nope, i stopped playing wow with sound on several years ago.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Yes, I listen to music the majority of the time that I play, but especially so when grinding/farming.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Pretty much never in-game, but all the time from Spotify with random shuffle

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost exclusively listen to in-game sounds when playing. Few exceptions are the odd time when I watch a movie instead, but rarely do that.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I keep it on for a new expansion to hear all the music and dialogue, after that I keep it off for TS and spotify
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't listened to the music in WoW since Vanilla. I very rarely listen to other music while I play WoW either. Sometimes I'll listen to an audiobook.

Haven't played wow with sound on since TBC.

I listen my first time through. After that I have something else going. I multitask by nature, so I'm watching something on my second screen while I play.

Depends on what i am doing. I have noticed my performance goes down when i listen to other stuff and turn off wow sounds, especiall in pvp. I like listening to music though when just doing random bgs.