[Weak Auras] Check AoE / single?

Is there any way in weak auras to check if there are multiply enemies around? It doesnt need to check if they are in range for the spell... just if there are multiply enemies engaged...

For example it can check if I have built some aggro on a number of enemies...

Is it possible? I am building a rotation button for my character and would be nice if it could switch to aoe automatically than have 2 separate icons
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Possible yes but it would detect every single enemy nameplate you can see and in turn would never actually be accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Possible yes but it would detect every single enemy nameplate you can see and in turn would never actually be accurate
    I see so it can only check nameplates nearby? It cannot check enemies that I have a build even 1 threat on them? Cause that would be much more accurate if it was possible..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I believe @Chesder has something implemented in his TMW rotation: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1-5-w-Download i believe I use his and it switches between single - or multi- based on nearby enemies

10+ Year Old Account
    I think every range checker will require Nameplates to be enabled to work. As far as I know, Hamsda wrote the most commonly used code snippet to check a number of targets in range with his Prot Pally CDs.

Someone has modified this to show the number of targets within a certain range. You can adjust the range that you're checking by going into the Actions tab > On Init > "Expand Text Editor", and then editing "aura_env.maxRange = 8" to a number of your choosing. You can also disable the color change by disabling the animations in the Animation tab.

That'll probably be the closest you can get to what you want. Hope this helps.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    I think every range checker will require Nameplates to be enabled to work. As far as I know, Hamsda wrote the most commonly used code snippet to check a number of targets in range with his Prot Pally CDs.

Someone has modified this to show the number of targets within a certain range. You can adjust the range that you're checking by going into the Actions tab > On Init > "Expand Text Editor", and then editing "aura_env.maxRange = 8" to a number of your choosing. You can also disable the color change by disabling the animations in the Animation tab.

That'll probably be the closest you can get to what you want. Hope this helps.

Is there anyway i can have it display an icon when there is >3 mobs nearby instead of text?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdRage View Post
    Is there anyway i can have it display an icon when there is >3 mobs nearby instead of text?
    Ya, right click the aura, click "Convert To:", select Icon, go into Trigger, Expand Text Editor, and change the line "return e.result > 0" to "return e.result > 3". You can then choose to hide the text by deselecting the check box in the Display tab.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    here: https://wago.io/SkEQKt7EW

under action: you can set the range maybe you want see how many target in range 40 yards or 8 yards

first trigger you can set when it be show..atm >= 3 targets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pief View Post
    here: https://wago.io/SkEQKt7EW

under action: you can set the range maybe you want see how many target in range 40 yards or 8 yards

first trigger you can set when it be show..atm >= 3 targets
    Almost identical to the one linked above, except you deleted a few blank lines, added a line of code that does nothing, and changed "WA_ENEMIES_IN_RANGE" to "Enemies_in_Range" (that code does nothing, by the way, since it was used in the original code by Hamsda to update a separate aura).

At least give credit, man.

Thing like this is implemented in my addon
    MaxDps

Functions is:
    local count = MaxDps:TargetsInRange(spell)

where spell is spellID you want to check. It iterates thru enemies nameplates and check to how many of them a spell of your choice has range.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Almost identical to the one linked above, except you deleted a few blank lines, added a line of code that does nothing, and changed "WA_ENEMIES_IN_RANGE" to "Enemies_in_Range" (that code does nothing, by the way, since it was used in the original code by Hamsda to update a separate aura).

At least give credit, man.
    by the way the code
    "WA_ENEMIES_IN_RANGE" to "Enemies_in_Range"
    you can find in your link
    Tehr

give the corrects credit man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pief View Post
    by the way the code you can find in your link ..

give the corrects credit man
    As you can see, I wrote that Hamsda wrote the original, and that someone has modified it (and given credit). Granted, the author of the modified code left in the ScanEvents when it serves no purpose, but at least he added in the animation and other modifications.